Guest guest36187

11 minutes ago, Kaybee said:

Thanks Alan Linda SusieRoo .... all this info has been an eye opener for us. Looks like it will be 6 to 7 years of wait for us!

Do we know the queue status for 864 (i.e. On shore visa) ? There's no processing time info on immi website.

My parents have a valid tourist visa till end of December 2019 and can't apply onshore till that time. Is it worth considering applying for onshore visa in 2020 first quarter? I know things might change by that time... but any advice based on current situation would be helpful and at least we can prepare for it. 

I would work on the premise that the timeline for an 864 application will parallel that for a 143.

The last communications I had with the PVC on this subject a few months ago indicated an apparent desire to equalise the processing time between the two.

This was/is a marked change to the past, when 864 applications were processed much more quickly than the offshore caseload.

Personally I think this was a change that the Department should have communicated openly to applicants.   But clearly there is a disdain for applicants and their families, because this has not been made known, and the Department continues to think that publishing historical results of processing timelines is all they need to do.

More transparency would help a great deal in the relationship between the Department and its various stakeholders.

Onwards!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

I would work on the premise that the timeline for an 864 application will parallel that for a 143.

The last communications I had with the PVC on this subject a few months ago indicated an apparent desire to equalise the processing time between the two.

This was/is a marked change to the past, when 864 applications were processed much more quickly than the offshore caseload.

Personally I think this was a change that the Department should have communicated openly to applicants.   But clearly there is a disdain for applicants and their families, because this has not been made known, and the Department continues to think that publishing historical results of processing timelines is all they need to do.

More transparency would help a great deal in the relationship between the Department and its various stakeholders.

Onwards!

Nice little earner for the government sitting on our $5,000 application fee plus thousands of others for years and years. 

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ramot said:

Nice little earner for the government sitting on our $5,000 Pplication fee plus thousands of others for years and years. 

Here's another thought.

46,745 Contributory Parent visa applications yet to pay the 2nd VAC of $43,600 equals over $2b in uncollected revenue ...

Best regards.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

Onwards!

Thanks Alan

I guess then there's no other option. May be wait for temp visa like others. 

Parents are already 70/72. With a 6-7 year wait .... chances of rejection based on health issues also go up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kaybee said:

Thanks Alan

I guess then there's no other option. May be wait for temp visa like others. 

Parents are already 70/72. With a 6-7 year wait .... chances of rejection based on health issues also go up. 

Yes, but with an 864 application parents can remain in Australia for the duration of visa processing on a Bridging Visa.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Test response just came back with absolutely no change on any Visa type from what I can tell.

I’m totally buffled as to how the conversion from 173 can leap from 3 - 6 months to a year. Surely there can’t be more that 300-400 actual applications in a year with a rate of about 30 a month. We aren’t waiting for a Visa place as already granted 173. And as everyone is saying on here there is no transparency or explanations  for this. Today we went on to a bridging Visa a our 173 has run out and despite applying 4/5 months earlier than we needed to we still now have at least 6 months wait. I am assuming when they say ‘processing’ that means the latest case they have requested further documentation. If aos continues at 3/4 month delay it may then be a year before we can be finalised.  Does anyone know if the date quoted for converting is the point when you then apply for AOS or do they notify you earlier so you can start applying etc before they ‘officially’ get to your case.

My husband has a terminally ill 90 year old mum in uk so we have had to fork out $145  and apply for a bridging visa so that we are allowed to travel as we may need to travel back at short notice any time. Hoping this qualifies as ‘substantial reasons for travel’ criteria that we have to meet for this Visa.

Our Medicare has expired and was a nightmare this morning trying to sort out and now have to attend office in person. 

Interestingly i read somewhere recent that there is a sudden unexplained spike in people with PR status leaving Australia. Could this be families having to return home as they now realise either parents unlikely to join them. Possibly they were relying on them for child care or realise they are going to be needed by their parents or even just don’t want to be without them.  If I am right then surely Australia is losing part of the skilled work force plus they are also supporting the current ageing population! 

• Like 3

Just a thought, but is there any possibility that those who have applied for a 173/143 will be barred from applying for the new temporary parent visa?  After all, there is no need to meet the balance of family test and the new visa allows those who do not meet this to at least spend some time with their family in Australia.  It might be considered unfair for those who do meet the BOF and can apply for a permanent visa to take up a visa place at the expense of others who wish to spend some time in Australia with family and are not so fortunate. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Where is an AoS referenced in the context of the anticipated new temporary parent visa?

Best regards.

You are right there is no direct reference to an AoS being required for the new visa. But the criterion for sponsorship appears to mirror the AoS requirement and includes “meeting a household income requirement” and “accepting legal liability for any outstanding public health debt their sponsored parent accrues”. No mention of a monetary bond yet, but I’m assuming this will be a necessity for the above and therefore administered by Centrelink.

If this is a completely new system, it will be interesting to see where they now set the income requirement.

Do you have any new information as to what’s happening with the bill? Or when the visa may become available?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

You are right there is no direct reference to an AoS being required for the new visa. But the criterion for sponsorship appears to mirror the AoS requirement and includes “meeting a household income requirement” and “accepting legal liability for any outstanding public health debt their sponsored parent accrues”. No mention of a monetary bond yet, but I’m assuming this will be a necessity for the above and therefore administered by Centrelink.

If this is a completely new system, it will be interesting to see where they now set the income requirement.

Do you have any new information as to what’s happening with the bill? Or when the visa may become available?

No news yet on the Bill - I check Senate business almost every day (I looked earlier) to see whether the Bill is on the list.

The Government has bigger fish to fry.   Tax rate reductions for companies is the issue presently exercising the Government.   The Bill facilitating temporary visas for parents is seemingly off their radar - and the winter recess is imminent.

Hey ho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Here's another thought.

46,745 Contributory Parent visa applications yet to pay the 2nd VAC of $43,600 equals over $2b in uncollected revenue ...

Best regards.

You’d think they’d get a move on with all that potential money!  

We applied for 804 Feb 2016 (note heard a peep since other than acknowledgement a day or so after lodging) and got a request for Police, Health and Character Assessment (form 80) this morning – Great news! 

Unfortunately at exactly the same moment we sent the 864 contributory forms and they are currently with a courier to Perth! 

Agr – What are the chances??!!  Literally within an hour of courier arriving to collect forms I get the email for info!

It would be handy to get all the forms in so that when Immi eventually assess the 864 they have all the forms, but I guess I have to now wait on them asking for this info for the 864 visa???

Thoughts?!

2 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Visa prices are increasing from 1st July.

I read on another post that the 1st vac payment is going up for 173 and 143 parent visas. So I guess the 2nd vac will also rise, just hope they don't apply it retrospectively.

2nd VACs don't automatically increase when 1st VACs go up.

Best regards.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Visa prices are increasing from 1st July.

I read on another post that the 1st vac payment is going up for 173 and 143 parent visas. So I guess the 2nd vac will also rise, just hope they don't apply it retrospectively.

Thought it said it was staying the same anyway.

On 25/06/2018 at 16:44, Skeelsy said:

Test response just came back with absolutely no change on any Visa type from what I can tell.

I’m totally buffled as to how the conversion from 173 can leap from 3 - 6 months to a year. Surely there can’t be more that 300-400 actual applications in a year with a rate of about 30 a month. We aren’t waiting for a Visa place as already granted 173. And as everyone is saying on here there is no transparency or explanations  for this. Today we went on to a bridging Visa a our 173 has run out and despite applying 4/5 months earlier than we needed to we still now have at least 6 months wait. I am assuming when they say ‘processing’ that means the latest case they have requested further documentation. If aos continues at 3/4 month delay it may then be a year before we can be finalised.  Does anyone know if the date quoted for converting is the point when you then apply for AOS or do they notify you earlier so you can start applying etc before they ‘officially’ get to your case.

My husband has a terminally ill 90 year old mum in uk so we have had to fork out $145  and apply for a bridging visa so that we are allowed to travel as we may need to travel back at short notice any time. Hoping this qualifies as ‘substantial reasons for travel’ criteria that we have to meet for this Visa.

Our Medicare has expired and was a nightmare this morning trying to sort out and now have to attend office in person. 

Interestingly i read somewhere recent that there is a sudden unexplained spike in people with PR status leaving Australia. Could this be families having to return home as they now realise either parents unlikely to join them. Possibly they were relying on them for child care or realise they are going to be needed by their parents or even just don’t want to be without them.  If I am right then surely Australia is losing part of the skilled work force plus they are also supporting the current ageing population! 

Hi there,

So yes we waited ages for our conversion too...was a nightmare, was asked to do the form 80 again adding the things from between the 173 and the 143...... luckily no new medical was asked for.

Tab

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On another note.....bringing our things into Aus...was not only costly but the things they charge you for and dont do !!!!

They said we needed to get our vehicle cleaned and another item...even though we spent 2 days in the UK cleaning them, we were told not to bother cleaning because they always say they want cleaning again anyway....so we waited until they were "cleaned" and then was told it had taken them 10 hours to clean said items......so charged us accordingly...now i know why we couldnt be there at the time of unloading, no way did they even clean the vehicle as i noticed under the wheel arch (once they had finished their clean) there was still some soil....so they really dont care that much about their country!! Just the $1500.00!!

Also as we pulled up we saw they were moving our stuff into the warehouse and dropped something off the forklift and ran over it!!

There was everyone elses stuff mixed up with ours...not very well run at all.

JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2018 at 23:11, ramot said:

Will be interesting to see how long it takes before the pathway for retirement visa and perhaps the South African farmers actually starts, often it seems these new potential visas routes are announced and then nothing else happens for a very long time, so you never know it might not affect the processing of parent visas hopefully for a while.

Having our 2 monthly 410 visa get together later this week, so will sound the others out to see if they are interested in going for PR and if they can afford to. 

Update, had our 410 visa meet up today, not one couple interested in applying for PR. Several reasons, either felt they were a bit too old to bother as quite happy to stay on the 410 visa, also cost came into it. Parents who sell up in UK might have a lot more equity in their homes, so can still afford to buy/build here, whereas those already here would need to downsize considerably to raise the funds, as house prices haven’t risen as much here. 

We all thought retirees on the 405 visa were more likely to apply, as they have so much money tied up in a bond, it would release a lot of capital. According to Peter Dutton about 18 months ago there were only about 300 people on the 405 visas here, and we know at least 10 couples from both visas who have left since then. Be interesting to know how many people are actually still here.

• Like 3

Hi guys, new on this forum,

submitted 143visa 10/10/2017,

acknowledged 20/10/2017,was thinking at that time it would take 3ish years to process,wrongly as we now all know,currently looking to be 6/7years.

Am Looking for information on ways to spend time in Australia while waiting for processing.

unable to go before 2021 due to work commitments,

Thanks

53 minutes ago, Dotty7 said:

Hi guys, new on this forum,

submitted 143visa 10/10/2017,

acknowledged 20/10/2017,was thinking at that time it would take 3ish years to process,wrongly as we now all know,currently looking to be 6/7years.

Am Looking for information on ways to spend time in Australia while waiting for processing.

unable to go before 2021 due to work commitments,

Thanks

Hi

welcome to “the room”. Google the new temporary parent visa for Australia it will take to You to home affairs website and the news on this proposed new visa. They are saying 143 applicants can come out in this although it has not been passed though the senate yet

. Or as you will be into 4/5yrs by then you could come over on a 600 family tourist visa (factsheet on home Affairs again) allows 12 in 18 mths stay usually or if you are lucky 12mths at a time and lasts up to 3 years

Edited by Kathss56

My friend has had her visa email,saying will be granted 1 July like many others on here. They say she has to be in Oz. by the 6 Nov?. Same for all you others?.  She had already booked to come for Xmas flying 11 Dec. Immi not saying they will extend it for her yet!

Thought they gave you longer or I am presuming her medical and police check timing is something to do with this rush. 

And they tell you not to sell up etc. But then don’t give you enough time to do everything ! 

19 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Hi

welcome to “the room”. Google the new temporary parent visa for Australia it will take to You to home affairs website and the news on this proposed new visa. They are saying 143 applicants can come out in this although it has not been passed though the senate yet

. Or as you will be into 4/5yrs by then you could come over on a 600 family tourist visa (factsheet on home Affairs again) allows 12 in 18 mths stay usually or if you are lucky 12mths at a time and lasts up to 3 years

Thanks for this Kath 

am also Perth bound

58 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

My friend has had her visa email,saying will be granted 1 July like many others on here. They say she has to be in Oz. by the 6 Nov?. Same for all you others?.  She had already booked to come for Xmas flying 11 Dec. Immi not saying they will extend it for her yet!

Thought they gave you longer or I am presuming her medical and police check timing is something to do with this rush. 

And they tell you not to sell up etc. But then don’t give you enough time to do everything ! 

I thought you had up to 1 year to actually enter Oz on you visa ( then you are in the system ) then you could leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you wanted for up to 5 years with no charge... been so blinkin' long since I applied though, I might be getting things mixed up.