Guest guest36187

On 17/04/2018 at 22:37, Kathss56 said:

An agent did this for someone if it helps -bit less than you quote.B2613D27-D99D-4C25-B849-9C4B4AE251AE.thumb.png.16c5698fda62c60caa6fd4cd7585a604.png

Hi Kath

Thats been sorted very well. I have 2 questions on AOS if someone can help. Thanks

1. I fall under the category of me with partner and 1 child under 18 applying for 2 parents - $120,665. Is this combined income of myself and my wife (she works too)?  Is it group certificates from last 3 years to show income from previous years? 

2. Does this AOS income level increase every year?

Thanks for your help

Edited by amsaini15
removed Ques 3 as confirmed gross income to show payslips/group certificate

49 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Processing times now shown as 38 - 40 months for 143.

Painful, painful, painful...

At this rate it will be up to 46 months by Christmas.

Don't forget also the parent visa process normally grinds to a halt in May until the start of the new financial year on the 1st July

17 minutes ago, amsaini15 said:

Hi Kath

Thats been sorted very well. I have 2 questions on AOS if someone can help. Thanks

1. I fall under the category of me with partner and 1 child under 18 applying for 2 parents - $120,665. Is this combined income of myself and my wife (she works too)?  Is it group certificates from last 3 years to show income from previous years? 

2. Does this AOS income level increase every year?

Thanks for your help

That is your income but your wife can be assurer as well if not enough? 

Current year and previous 2yrs proof of income not sure if increases. It didn’t increase for 10yrs I believe that’s why it’s hiked so much now ! 

4 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

That is your income but your wife can be assurer as well if not enough? 

Current year and previous 2yrs proof of income not sure if increases. It didn’t increase for 10yrs I believe that’s why it’s hiked so much now ! 

Thanks Kath. I hope that doesn't mean Joint assurer as it will not make sense if we have to add each other as partners in calculation.

So what should be income requirement if me and my wife are assurer (with 1 child)  for 2 parents? Thanks

Income requirement for joint individual assurers
(1) This section applies to an individual who gives an assurance of support jointly with another individual or other individuals.
Note: Individual means a natural person – see section 2B of the Acts Interpretation Act 1901.
(2) The individual assurer meets the income requirement for a financial year if the combined amount of assessable income of the assurers for the year is at least the total of the following amounts:
(a) the newstart income cut-off amount multiplied by the total of:
(i) the total number of individuals giving assurance under the assurance of support; and
(ii) the total number of adults receiving assurance under an assurance of support given by the individual; and
(iii) the total number of partners of the individuals that are jointly giving assurance under the assurance of support; and
(b) 10% of the newstart income cut-off amount multiplied by:

1 hour ago, amsaini15 said:

Thanks Kath. I hope that doesn't mean Joint assurer as it will not make sense if we have to add each other as partners in calculation.

So what should be income requirement if me and my wife are assurer (with 1 child)  for 2 parents? Thanks

You will need to have total income of $118,687.42

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tidang said:

Pertnhall you should visit centrelink or call them so your AOS can approve soon . Because my sister do it and they just let me know all of this Linda . I just wonder when they give me 2nd vac request ? after AOS paid someone please let me know

Our daughter has already telephoned 3 times and called once - still no joy!

33 minutes ago, CeltInCaulfield said:

Wonder if we'll see a press article on a couple who earn $118,687.41 trying to get a visa secured and failing for being a cent short.

I guess this could happen as it's a minimum requirement. I think an even worst scenario would be if someone, who wasn't called early for their AoS, is now unable to obtain a visa. While others have sailed through under the old system.  

52 minutes ago,  CeltInCaulfield said:

Wonder if we'll see a press article on a couple who earn $118,687.41 trying to get a visa secured and failing for being a cent short.

I guess this could happen as it's a minimum requirement. I think an even worst scenario would be if someone, who wasn't called early for their AoS, is now unable to obtain a visa. While others have sailed through under the old system.  

That could very well happen to us!  My husband ha almost given up already!! :(

Edited by Rosiejaq
Missed quote!
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

52 minutes ago,  CeltInCaulfield said:

That could very well happen to us!  My husband ha almost given up already!! :(

Don't give up... there is still a reasonable chance this new system could be scraped in the next few months.

• Like 1

Just a thought. If only one parent applied for a 143 visa and they moved to Australia after visa was granted. Could the second parent then immediately apply for a partner visa (with bridging entitlement)? Significantly cheaper and no need for a second AoS, what could go wrong?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Just a thought. If only one parent applied for a 143 visa and they moved to Australia after visa was granted. Could the second parent then immediately apply for a partner visa (with bridging entitlement)? Significantly cheaper and no need for a second AoS, what could go wrong?

until PR holder doesn't become settled PR holder he/she could not sponsor anyone and it takes around a year to be

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

As Raul Senise - migration agent stated on another thread:

''This loophole was closed in 2009.

If you are granted a Contributory Parent visa you cannot sponsor your partner for five years from the date your Contributory Parent visa is granted.''

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Nope, this can't be done. The Department have covered themselves already!

"Contributory parent visa holders

There might be limits on your sponsorship if:

- you were granted a permanent Contributory Parent visa on or after 1 July 2009
- you were in a partner relationship on or before the Contributory Parent visa grant date
and
- your partner did not apply for the Contributory Parent visa at the same time as you, or they withdrew that application (before it was finalised).

The sponsorship could still be approved if:

- 5 years have passed since your Contributory Parent visa grant date
- your partner did not apply at the same time as you due to compelling reasons, (other than financial reasons)
- your partner applied at the same time as you but withdrew their application for compelling reasons (other than financial reasons)."

So there's actually a 5 year 'waiting period' if you wanted to go down that route, unless you have "compelling reasons".

Edited by Nicole Eire
more detail
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nicole Eire said:

Nope, this can't be done. The Department have covered themselves already!

"Contributory parent visa holders

There might be limits on your sponsorship if:

- you were granted a permanent Contributory Parent visa on or after 1 July 2009
- you were in a partner relationship on or before the Contributory Parent visa grant date
and
- your partner did not apply for the Contributory Parent visa at the same time as you, or they withdrew that application (before it was finalised).

The sponsorship could still be approved if:

- 5 years have passed since your Contributory Parent visa grant date
- your partner did not apply at the same time as you due to compelling reasons, (other than financial reasons)
- your partner applied at the same time as you but withdrew their application for compelling reasons (other than financial reasons)."

So there's actually a 5 year 'waiting period' if you wanted to go down that route, unless you have "compelling reasons".

That’s a shame as I've just removed husband from our application. Oh well, I won’t tell him until I’ve booked my flight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, gafuk said:

Thanks for the advice everyone,

The rate fell in our favour sort of and we did a deal with Accendo fx who we have used before. Checked rate against moneycorp etc and it was ok after a haggle.

The 2 nd VAC paid to immigration and we are waiting for our Visa email then its booking flights. After 3 1/2 years everything has happened in two weeks ! Pss are coming for our stuff next week and it is all bonkers in our house at the moment. I will have a bit more time to explore the other companies before our next transaction.

If you hear a big Yahooooo across the uk its because we've had our email.

Thanks again

Hi Gafuk

I only come on here occasionally now, as I all moved and (?) settled, so forgive me if Ive already mentioned this to you. I notice you are using PSS for you removal and although we used them without any problems or breakages when we moved over eight months ago, the whole process took a lot longer than they estimated (19 weeks instead of 10-12).  So this is just a heads up to take a minute for a last rethink about what you are taking - if there's anything you aren't sure about. Example - we dithered about bringing our fridge freezer, eventually deciding against, and were so glad because we couldnt have managed without one and would have had to buy something small to tide us over while we waited. We did bring our washing machine as it was only 18 months old and while Im glad Ive got it now, if I had added launderette costs to the cost of removals, I think buying new would have been marginally cheaper.  

When the men arrived on the day, they would have been happy to add any last minute stuff - they said that it was all in the overall amount and it would just mean an adjustment in the price. 

This is all probably irrelevant to you, but I try to pass on anything I can from my own experience as a pay back to all the help I had from people on here during the three plus years we were waiting ... Try not to get blown away by the stress on the last couple of days and good luck with it alll! 

PS we wish we'd brought the plastic shelves out of the garage now ! :D

Edited by Fisher1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys. We were granted our 173 in June 2016 and decided to plough on with the convert to 143 as soon as we could and thank goodness we did!  After suffering so much stress and anguish getting 173 we decided to engage Alan from Go Matilda for this stage. First shock was the increase in time for 173 to 143 and now the AOS fiasco. Family scenario at the moment leaves us rooting around trying to find assurers who earn loads of dosh.  I have contemplated going on Airtasker to see if I could secure an assurer!!!

To do this without warning and such a hike is downright disgusting.  Visa applicants should not be subjected to massive changes once they have applied and half way through the process.  

I have traveled through all the info re AOS snd can’t find answer to this query which is if we have an assurer who has a partner who is not an assurer then we have to account for partner in calculations - get that’s ok however query is can then the combined income of assurer and partner be included in total income figure for AOS purposes. It seems unfair to assume the assurer has be responsible for partner as part of their income amount who may well be earning a sizeable amount.  Welcome any info re this.

Lovely reading comments and seeing names who were behind us now reached the door and shuffled out into the warm autumn in Australia.  For those still trapped in the dreaded waiting room I totally feel for you guys and trust me will all be worth it  I now have total of 3 grandchildren aged 3 months to 6 years here and love being the unpaid on call 24/7 ‘grandma’  kim 

Edited by Skeelsy
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, Skeelsy said:

Hi guys. We were granted our 173 in June 2016 and decided to plough on with the convert to 143 as soon as we could and thank goodness we did!  After suffering so much stress and anguish getting 173 we decided to engage Alan from Go Matilda for this stage. First shock was the increase in time for 173 to 143 and now the AOS fiasco. Family scenario at the moment leaves us rooting around trying to find assurers who earn loads of dosh.  I have contemplated going on Airtasker to see if I could secure an assurer!!!

To do this without warning and such a hike is downright disgusting.  Visa applicants should not be subjected to massive changes once they have applied and half way through the process.  

I have traveled through all the info re AOS snd can’t find answer to this query which is if we have an assurer who has a partner who is not an assurer then we have to account for partner in calculations - get that’s ok however query is can then the combined income of assurer and partner be included in total income figure for AOS purposes. It seems unfair to assume the assurer has be responsible for partner as part of their income amount who may well be earning a sizeable amount.  Welcome any info re this.

Lovely reading comments and seeing names who were behind us now reached the door and shuffled out into the warm autumn in Australia.  For those still trapped in the dreaded waiting room I totally feel for you guys and trust me will all be worth it  I now have total of 3 grandchildren aged 3 months to 6 years here and love being the unpaid on call 24/7 ‘grandma’  kim 

You can have up to 3 assurers with their combined incomes all counting to the total. So in your case, the partners income can be included, but he/she must be listed as one of your assurers. If the partner is not an assurer, the partner must be accounted for in the calculation, but their income can't be included. (I hope that makes sense)

There are not many of us 173ers here so I hope you don't mind me taking this opportunity to ask a few questions. 

Where are you up to in the process?

Do you know how long 173 to 143 now takes? (it was only a couple of months when we first decided to take the 173 option).

We regret not going directly for the 143 and understand it is not possible to switch now, without starting again. Which is a little hard to understand when the forms and the process is identical (except for the AoS). Did you ever inquire into switching at any stage or did you just apply for the 143 as soon as your 173 was granted? Do you have to enter Australia before applying?

Sorry for quizzing you in this way, but any info would be appreciated.

Edited by SusieRoo

3 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

You can have up to 3 assurers with their combined incomes all counting to the total. So in your case, the partners income can be included, but he/she must be listed as one of your assurers. If the partner is not an assurer, the partner must be accounted for in the calculation, but their income can't be included. (I hope that make sense)

There are not many of us 173ers here so I hope you don't mind me taking this opportunity to ask a few questions. 

Do you know how long 173 to 143 now takes? (it was only a couple of months when we first decided to take the 173 option).

We now regret not going directly for the 143 and understand it is not possible to switch now, without starting again. Which is a little hard to understand when the forms and the process is identical (except for the AoS). Did you ever inquire into switching at any stage or did you just apply for the 143 as soon as your 173 was granted? Do you have to enter Australia before applying?

3 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

You can have up to 3 assurers with their combined incomes all counting to the total. So in your case, the partners income can be included, but he/she must be listed as one of your assurers. If the partner is not an assurer, the partner must be accounted for in the calculation, but their income can't be included. (I hope that make sense)

We now regret not going directly for the 143 and understand it is not possible to switch now, without starting again. Which is a little hard to understand when the forms and the process is identical (except for the AoS). Did you ever inquire into switching at any stage or did you just apply for the 143 as soon as your 173 was granted? Do you have to enter Australia before applying?

Ditto ditto and ditto. We wished gone straight for 143 but money just wouldn’t work to it. Since granted 173 we have lived and worked here full time. We applied after about 18 months as soon as we knew money was in the bank to do it.  We applied whilst in Australia and can be granted on shore  

Really has been a ‘ducking and diving’ experience as haven’t sold house back in uk and so haven’t got a lot of equity to access but we have managed. 

I was horrified to see waiting time gone from 3 months to over a year when we applied to convert.  I get the new way for aos - I think. It’s just circumstances has turned our ‘that’s all covered’ in terms of requirements for aos to ‘OMG’ what are we going to do. My girls are on maternity leave, and one hubby is assurer for his parents etc etc. They are only so many people you can go to for such a big commitment. Our bad luck that whos available just doesn’t work even with 3 assurers because partners have to be included. 

Worst thing is in June we have to go onti bridging visas which gives you same rights but not really  - as a contractor my husband is ignored as they see temp visa and don’t understand who it works. My son who came with us on application tried to buy a car yesterday and was rejected as 173 runs out in June and he wanted small loan to be able to afford it. Medicare is cancelled from June and we gave to go back on reciprocal etc etc - and to think we could be 6 + months at least on bridging us nightmare. We have to pay to swop to b type of bridging as given a type which means you can leave Australia but then can’t return until 143 granted. B type let’s you travel and return which we have to pay to switch but need as mother in law very very ill and we will need to go back to uk most likely with little notice. 

Hopefully my rant has been useful in some way Kim

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have no idea if it will help, but see Allen Collett's post on page 648 that a Qld senator has contacted Jenny Macklin about the unfair retrospective changes to the AOS to the parent visa.

So I have written to several Qld  labour Senators, as I live in Qld,  asking how an honourable country can justify the exhorbitant retrospective changes, and how much our assurer will now have to earn in comparison to the previous amount.

I also wrote that governments have the right to change the conditions, but surely the honourable way is for new applicants not existing ones.

Might help if other posters do the same? I suggest don't make it a rant, just a measured comment asking how it can morally be justified.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ramot said:

I have no idea if it will help, but see Allen Collett's post on page 648 that a Qld senator has contacted Jenny Macklin about the unfair retrospective changes to the AOS to the parent visa.

So I have written to several Qld  labour Senators, as I live in Qld,  asking how an honourable country can justify the exhorbitant retrospective changes, and how much our assurer will now have to earn in comparison to the previous amount.

I also wrote that governments have the right to change the conditions, but surely the honourable way is for new applicants not existing ones.

Might help if other posters do the same? I suggest don't make it a rant, just a measured comment asking how it can morally be justified.

Hi Ramot, 

Thanks Ramot for your suggestion.

As i m living in Melbourne, I can write to Melb Labour Senator in my council. Should I identify myself in the email I send to him? 

Have you received any response from any senator so far?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suzy123 said:

Hi Ramot, 

As i m living in Melbourne, I can write to Melb Labour Senator in my council. Should I identify myself in the email I send to him? 

Only an acknowledgement of my email. I wrote to all the Qld labour senators who had an email contact, some others wanted lots of details so I didn't bother.

I chose labour senators as I hoped they would be more likely to object.

After our names I put 864 visa applicants.

Who knows if it will help, worth a try rather than just ranting on a forum.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Suzy123 said:

Hi Ramot, 

Don't forget the cross benchers ...

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1