Guest guest36187

Hi, most of the time they ask for no glasses, ie for driving licence etc.....

i also have have a question....... After getting the 173 visa how long do you have to verify that visa ??? Is it like 6 months or a year? I have no idea lol

thank you

Tab

It's the same as any other visa. You normally need to validate one year from the date of the medicals or police checks - whichever is sooner. The date you need to enter Australia by will be on the visa grant.

Guest Petina

Hi everyone,

still very much a waiting game but have now submitted the form 80. It was a bit of a hassle but all done now. Medicals, we have been informed will be in August. So until then we sit and wait, but we are going to Oz tomorrow, to see the family but also looking at areas and properties. I have a question and hope that someone can help.... Some months ago I downloaded an app which gave detailed information about migration to Oz. For some reason, I can't find it either on the iPad or in the apps. I can't remember the name either! Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Petina

Hi everyone

It is very much a waiting game, we have just been informed that the PVC centre are now taking 19 months before you get a Case Officer to proccess the paperwork, this information was emailed to our agent from the immigration department yesterday, we had our acknowledgement on the 16/08/2012 almost 17 months ago and still waiting, hopefully it will come soon as there was a person who had an ackowledgement on the 13/08/2012 just 3 days before us and has already been allocated a case officer, so has the goal post been moved yet again 2 more months what are they doing, we were told when we applied it would be between 12 to 15 months to be allocated a case officer.

:cool::tongue:Hi Kelvintom,

Is 16/08/2012 your acknowledgement or lodgment date,please check. It takes 16 months after acknowledgement date.in my opinion you will get CO in early February. Wish you a good luck with your process to move to Australia.

Kind regards

boss2468

Edited by Boss2468

Guest spursno1

Hi Boss2468 and Kelvinton

Reading yor discussion on appointment of C.O well i submitted my registration and had acknowledgement

0n 29/05/2012 and havent had a dicky bird back yet will i ever?

Spursno1:mad:

You need to apply for the 143 using form 47PT. Parents will not need to redo the medical. Our processing time was around 7 months, but it typically takes around 4-6 months. The delays are usually due to Centrelink dealing with the AOS. Sorry I can't help with your other question.

:cool::tongue:Hi Kelvintom,

Is 16/08/2012 your acknowledgement or lodgment date,please check. It takes 16 months after acknowledgement date.in my opinion you will get CO in early February. Wish you a good luck with your process to move to Australia.

Kind regards

boss2468

Hi boss2468

just to clarify Lodgement is when the paperwork goes in, Ackowledgement is when you get your reference numbers ackowledging your application, a lot of people seem to get confused between these two, we had an ackowledgement date from the 16/08/12.

My mum and husband lodged their application on the 11th October 2013, we have not had an acknowledgement although they have taken the money. Is this normal?

STAG

Sadly your acknowledgement takes about four months and the latest news is that it can take up to 19 months from the lodgement date to receive your visa !!!!! In the meantime the visa centre does not communicate at all. The only thing you can be positive about is that they have taken your money so your paper work will be in the system somewhere. This site is great for keeping up to date and following the progress of others. We lodged our application in June 2013 we anticipate we will have our visa January 2015. What a wait. Be optimistic things could change (doubtful)

Hi i am new to this forum just wanted to know @ Veronique: i and my family also applied for cpv 143 a month before you that is on 28 may 2013 and january 2014 we got a mail to submit our pcc and medicals in march.. I just wanted to ask that have u also got a letter of such sorts... !!!

Hi

Question for those of you who have made the move to Oz and settled in.

My daughter & SIL applied for and got their Oz Citizenship just waiting for the presentation date.

Have any of you applied for yours and if so are there any benefits to applying at our age?

Phoebe

Hi

Question for those of you who have made the move to Oz and settled in.

My daughter & SIL applied for and got their Oz Citizenship just waiting for the presentation date.

Have any of you applied for yours and if so are there any benefits to applying at our age?

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe and Happy New Year to you!

Just wondered how your recuperation is going? Hopefully all good!

Sorry, I can't answer your question, but I too would love to know peoples thoughts!

I was lucky enough to visit my family in Sydney again in October(that made 3 trips in 12months!) and then a last minute surprise they came to us over Christmas! I was like the proverbial dog with two tails, so excited to get all four grandchildren together.

When you start adding the costs of flights etc, it makes the visa seem a bit more realistic (no nicer, just more realistic!)

Having a a few health problems at the moment, so I am glad that I have made the trips when I did.

Again, hope your health is getting better and you will soon be going back to see your Harry etc

Cheers Pam

Hi Phoebe and Happy New Year to you!

Just wondered how your recuperation is going? Hopefully all good!

Sorry, I can't answer your question, but I too would love to know peoples thoughts!

I was lucky enough to visit my family in Sydney again in October(that made 3 trips in 12months!) and then a last minute surprise they came to us over Christmas! I was like the proverbial dog with two tails, so excited to get all four grandchildren together.

When you start adding the costs of flights etc, it makes the visa seem a bit more realistic (no nicer, just more realistic!)

Having a a few health problems at the moment, so I am glad that I have made the trips when I did.

Again, hope your health is getting better and you will soon be going back to see your Harry etc

Cheers Pam

Happy New Year to you too Pam.

Sorry to to hear you are having problems :-(

Recouperating well from Op but.......because they have replaced the missing disc it has now caused more damage to the one above so have to go through it all again!!! Nerve root injection last week didn't help so just waiting for my next appointment hopefully with a date for next Op. Had planned to go over for Harry's 3rd birthday in April but it's not happening now can't believe it's a year since they were here and haven't seer. The girls for 2.5 year......

This citizenship just got me thinking if it's worth doing at our age maybe someone can help us both.

Phoebe

Ouch Phoebe, poor you. With your back problems it must severely restrict your activities, and also any travel plans.

With the regard to citizenship, If I understand correctly, the main advantage is that you do not need a visa if you want to leave Aus. and return. There have been posts somewhere to this affect, I think you have to get a returning resident visa if you have not taken out citizenship after the requisite residency time (I am not sure if this is after four or five years). Sure someone on here will know the answer.

With all good wishes for your future health. Carob

Hi i am new to this forum just wanted to know @ Veronique: i and my family also applied for cpv 143 a month before you that is on 28 may 2013 and january 2014 we got a mail to submit our pcc and medicals in march.. I just wanted to ask that have u also got a letter of such sorts... !!!

Hello, Veronique and I share a similar timeline for our 143 visa lodgement date, both in June 2013. I had an acknowledgement in August 2013, with various dates for doing the checks. So, was yours a letter or an email? I understood that after the original acknowledgement letter, all other communication was by email. Basically I'm asking 'was yours an acknowledgement letter'?

If you look at a previous post the other day, from someone who applied June 2012, they were only allocated a case officer in December and then asked for the checks. DIAC seem to have changed the way they want things done, so I'm a bit confused. Hope this makes to you!!

Hello, Veronique and I share a similar timeline for our 143 visa lodgement date, both in June 2013. I had an acknowledgement in August 2013, with various dates for doing the checks. So, was yours a letter or an email? I understood that after the original acknowledgement letter, all other communication was by email. Basically I'm asking 'was yours an acknowledgement letter'?

If you look at a previous post the other day, from someone who applied June 2012, they were only allocated a case officer in December and then asked for the checks. DIAC seem to have changed the way they want things done, so I'm a bit confused. Hope this makes to you!!

Basically what i hav understood from all the recent posts by everyone is that DIAC have changed their way... Earlier people used to get CO first n then he would ask for your medicals pcc aos but now we get a e mail stating to get your medicals pcc and aos to be done in advance and after your documents are submitted the department checks it n uf their is no issue then CO is allocated....

And to answer your question we have got an email first with all the dates in september 2013.. And in jan 2014 we got another mail to get our police checks and medicals and we have to submit all in march

Hi 1724rej|

We lodged our application in June 2013 and this was acknowledged in September 2013 with a letter requesting we have a Police Clearance commencing 10 months after June 2013 (April 2014) and Medical assessment commencing 12 months after June 2013 (June 2014) We have been requested to retain these documents until requested by our case officer.

We haven't got a HAP number yet and evidently you cannot have your medical without a HAP.

We are going to Aus in April and will visit the Parent Visa Centre and request up dated information. Will post any information received.

It's a waiting game. Good luck with your application.

Thank you so much for the reply... Well we have got our HAP number in jan 2014 and have to submit the medicals in march 2014.... Its indeed a waiting game....good luck to you too for your application...!!!

Hi 1724rej. We had our acknowledgement in August 2012 and are still waiting for a Case Officer and have been told we can't do our medicals until we get our HAP number. So I don't understand what is going on. We are now 17 months!! Good luck to you though I hope it all goes well.