Guest guest36187

Have found out since we cannot apply for 143 at present as our son (sponsor) is touring round Oz living the dream so at present doesn't meet the settled criteria of the application, as no job or house. So we have to wait until his adventure has finished or our 2nd son has gained PR at present he is on a sponsored 457. Keeping an eye on other peoples experiences with their applications

good luck Lorraine

This process destroys brain cells !!

How stupid am I ! Put my details on the tracker as acknowledgement date of 29/06/12. Just realised that that was my lodgement date! Have now changed it to 13/08/12 .

Which, in reality means we are now six weeks behind where we thought we were in the queue. As if this waiting wasn't bad enough. Now our hopes of getting there for Christmas have decreased and we are going to be sitting in an empty house for the foreseeable future.

On top of that...Christmas tree and decorations have gone to the charity shop, winter coats and thermal underwear in the bin along with all the other things I though we would never need again.

Oh well...on a brighter note, have been able to tell everyone that "we are not doing Christmas this year". Time to open the sherry I think!

Hi genie.

Yes have a big glass of sherry. It must be so disappointing for you. We are 1 year behind you and hoped to be in Aus by Christmas 2014 but it looks unlikely. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the long wait. You would think IMMI would like our money in their bank but it appears not. Hopefully you will know by Christmas Day that you have been granted your visa and then you can have two celebrations and two glasses of sherry.

Best wishes and keeping fingerds crossed for you.

this is my first post although i've been reading everything on this forum for some time. Will be applying for a 143 visa when my son has lived in Australia the two years which will be on the 4th February 2014. So looking forward to the start of my new journey. I have started filling in the forms to get prepared. Started declutering and the house will soon be ready to go on the market. Only question I have at the moment is on the form 40 that my son is completing. What is the Visa Evidence Number . My son had an e-visa. I have decided to go with a migrant agent so I coulkd leave the question until then, however if someone has the answer I would be greatful.

Hi genie1

I am new to this forum.My lodgment date is 29/06/2012 and acknowledgement date is 13/08/2012.So I am in the same boat as you are. What a coincident? The only difference is I have applied for CPV 143.Since acknowledgement have received nothing but wait and frustration.

Edited by Boss2468

I know we got our hopes up too! My parents are 15 months now, due to fly out in 2 weeks.

We are also at 15 months (07.08.2012) and very frustrated as we still have not even been allocated a case officer yet, and it would seem

many others have already been granted their visa's in less time than that. Just wonder why that is? Lol anyway I know good things come to those

who wait just feeling a bit sorry for myself :(

We have decided to go on holiday to visit the family in December as we cannot bear to be away from them for another Christmas also it might help

us endure the wait for a while longer.

Best wishes to all of you still in the queue may you have a wonderful Christmas.

We are also at 15 months (07.08.2012) and very frustrated as we still have not even been allocated a case officer yet, and it would seem

many others have already been granted their visa's in less time than that. Just wonder why that is? Lol anyway I know good things come to those

who wait just feeling a bit sorry for myself :(

We have decided to go on holiday to visit the family in December as we cannot bear to be away from them for another Christmas also it might help

us endure the wait for a while longer.

Best wishes to all of you still in the queue may you have a wonderful Christmas.

You could be in for a great Christmas present tho- fingers crossed!

Hi Boss2468,

it's nice to know that somebody else can relate to the angst of waiting. Coincidence definitely. I emailed immi a few weeks ago and was told "up to eighteen months" to be allocated a case officer. We are both nearly at the beginning of seventeen months but it could happen tomorrow ?! or it might be Dec !

Stay in touch please. Will be useful to know how we are both doing. Regards.

Edited by genie1

Hi All

Mamarock, I am in the 103 queue, or so said the letter from immi telling me my queue date. I was told to wait ten weeks before checking the queue web page but although its now three months since the date we were allocated, each time I put in my date it just tells me it's never heard of us. I know its going to be 7-8-9-10-20 years (who knows really) but I'd like tobe able to just see my name on there! So I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't access it. Just hoping our names really are on there.

Hi Genie1,

I am from Toronto which is more colder than London.Days are getting shorter colder and darker but seems very longer. As you said probably bigger,brighter and warmer days are in our way after dec 21.

Thanks

Kind regards

Edited by Boss2468

Whoooooooooooooo finally got the acknowledgement today !!! X

Congrats Tabitha. Are you going to join the sherry drinking clan now. I think Veronique and I probably are, or is it a gin and something. Are we really looking at December 2014, my daughter being the eternal optimist, thought we'd be out in Aus for a birthday in September!!?

Keep in touch. C

Hi Mamarock

We applied last February and were given a queue date in August this year, got the letter via email at the end of August telling me to wait ten weeks before tryint to look on the web page. Obviously it's way past ten weeks but I cant get the site to recognise my info - it just tells me there is nobody queued on that date - given what you have said, it seems to me there is some sort of malfunction with the site?

Hi Fisher1

Yes that's correct - I think they have suspended the queue date calculator and had a notice to say it was under construction or something - Finally a notice after all this time.

I guess it going to be the waiting game until we see it back up and running. Are you guys on the 103? Hopefully you will know your place in the queue - good luck

Hi Tabitha,

I am new to this, but I have been told to be as accurate and as honest as you can. It is impossible to remember the exact dates, especially as they don't stamp the passports anymore and haven't done for many years. Good luck!