Guest guest36187

Wow, this is turning into a bit of a nightmare for everyone. Having recently sent an email asking if our forms 180 have been received yet, I won't be holding my breathe for any response soon! I really don't want to do them again.

How are you greeting on Phoebe? Improving every day I hope.

So, onwards and upwards then. Carolyn

Can any one please tell me that for character check : we need to give it for any country we lived in for 12 months or more. Does that 12 months mean accumulated 12 months in past 6 or 7 years or 12 months in one year? I mean total 12 months in several years or 12 months in one years time?

As for me I lived in Australia 1 month or a little more every year for past 6 years and now going to live for another 6 months. So in total it is going to be more than 12 months. Do I have to give the Federal police check too?

Allan please if you kindly let me know so that I can apply for federal police check up while staying in Australia.

Guest guest72525
Can any one please tell me that for character check : we need to give it for any country we lived in for 12 months or more. Does that 12 months mean accumulated 12 months in past 6 or 7 years or 12 months in one year? I mean total 12 months in several years or 12 months in one years time?

As for me I lived in Australia 1 month or a little more every year for past 6 years and now going to live for another 6 months. So in total it is going to be more than 12 months. Do I have to give the Federal police check too?

Allan please if you kindly let me know so that I can apply for federal police check up while staying in Australia.

It is 12 months accumulated over years not 12 months in one year.

You have to do a federal police clearance for Australia if you have been here for a total of 12 months or more in the last several years at the time you get a case officer. My parents applied for theirs in Australia when their total visits added up to more than 12 months. However it is very quick to get (it took a week when they applied in Perth) so it may be worth delaying applying until you get a case officer

I have now received a reply from the parent visa centre.

It takes approximately 18 months from the date of lodgement of your contributory Parent subclass 173 to be allocated to a Case Officer. Once a Case Officer has been allocated, they will contact the Authorised Recipient in writing requesting further information. We are currently processing visa applications for subclass 173 that were submitted on 11 June 2012.The electronic queue date calculator does not apply to Parent subclass 173. Your parent visa application has not been allocated yet.So, for everybody waiting, looks like we continue being patient ! Frustrating!

It takes approximately 18 months from the date of lodgement of your contributory Parent subclass 173 to be allocated to a Case Officer. Once a Case Officer has been allocated, they will contact the Authorised Recipient in writing requesting further information. We are currently processing visa applications for subclass 173 that were submitted on 11 June 2012.The electronic queue date calculator does not apply to Parent subclass 173. Your parent visa application has not been allocated yet.So, for everybody waiting, looks like we continue being patient ! Frustrating!

Thanks for updating genie, please come back and let us know when you get a case officer, my parents shouldn't be far behind then!

Hello Genie, this info is really useful, and received just when you were about to give up on a reply no doubt. Do you think this would also apply to parent subclass 143 visas as well? I had a feeling that the 173's were done quicker, but don't know why!

Thanks, C:cute:

Carob... To be honest, your guess is as good as mine ! I see from the tracker that you have only just applied. Quotas and timelines appear to change over the waiting period. Which makes it nigh on impossible to accurately predict when you will get a case officer.

I am now resigned to the philosophy of "What will be will be" and of course hoping that I will win the lottery while I am waiting !!:daydreaming:

It is 12 months accumulated over years not 12 months in one year.

You have to do a federal police clearance for Australia if you have been here for a total of 12 months or more in the last several years at the time you get a case officer. My parents applied for theirs in Australia when their total visits added up to more than 12 months. However it is very quick to get (it took a week when they applied in Perth) so it may be worth delaying applying until you get a case officer

Thank you very much Learjet. Yes I will be waiting for the request from the case officer and then I will go ahead for Federal check.

Carob... To be honest, your guess is as good as mine ! I see from the tracker that you have only just applied. Quotas and timelines appear to change over the waiting period. Which makes it nigh on impossible to accurately predict when you will get a case officer.

I am now resigned to the philosophy of "What will be will be" and of course hoping that I will win the lottery while I am waiting !!:daydreaming:

Yes Genie1 we are exactly a year behind you, as is Veronique, but I thought you would be a good reference point.

We have both had acknowledgement letters which give us timelines. eg 10 months from June 2013 do police checks, and 12 months from June 2013 medicals, then other instructions. So I was optimistically thinking September/October 2014!!:twitcy: Lottery win sounds good.

Not sure if there is a tracker for the 143's, had a feeling not. When I am in the mood for trawling through the website I will have a look. Thanks for the update.

Carolyn

I just obtained quotes from migrationagentquotes.com and I got like 3 quotes from agents wishing to complete my parents application for $45,000.ie $42,000 for immi fees and $2k agents fees.Does anyone know any other way of calling my parents to Aussie ?

What subclass of visa was it please?

Best regards.

Thanks for that Genie 1. Our 173 was lodged 27th July 2012:arghh: so looks like we still have a long wait. It is so frustrating. Wanted to get our medicals done but seems like we need a HIP I.D for that. Lets hope this is all worth it in the end.

Edited by Nuttynan
sorry meant 2012 not 2013!

Guest THEGOLDMANS

Hi,

I have a question regarding the CPV. My husband and I are on a 457 visa and my only other sibling is here to but on a permanent 175 visa - he's been here nearly 3 years. He is sponsoring his in-laws on a cpv. Now, my parents are wanting to come as we are their only 2 children - they currently in the UK.I know I won't be able to sponsor them as we are on the temporary visa but would my brother be able to sponsor them? Are you limited to the amount of prople you can sponsor?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have a question regarding the CPV. My husband and I are on a 457 visa and my only other sibling is here to but on a permanent 175 visa - he's been here nearly 3 years. He is sponsoring his in-laws on a cpv. Now, my parents are wanting to come as we are their only 2 children - they currently in the UK.I know I won't be able to sponsor them as we are on the temporary visa but would my brother be able to sponsor them? Are you limited to the amount of prople you can sponsor?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I'm not sure if you are limited on how many people you can sponsor, but my daughter & SIL went on a 457 applied for PR after 2 years and got it by proving they were 'settled' (job, house etc) they were then eligible to sponsor us.

Hope this helps.

Phoebe

I have a question regarding the extension of 2nd final payment for CPV. Can we ask CO for extension/delay payment and does Case Officer make a decision or give up the visa place to someone else? please advise. Thanks

Hi Manzoor- I'm pretty sure I read of someone getting a short extension to pay under very particular circumstances- but I don't think they'd give you long- after all they expect that you know the payment is due once your PCC & Meds are in order.. Is it possible that your children can help you out with this rather than risk losing your visa?

Hi Folks We are around the 13 month mark with our 173 application ,has anyone recently arranged their medicals prior to the allocation of a Case Officer.If so could you possibly share the process.I have read that this cant be done without a HAP number (whatever that is) .

If this is possible we are considering arranging this prior to the Christmas holidays,could possibly shave off a few weeks off this increasing wait period. Thanks Kev

Hi Folks We are around the 13 month mark with our 173 application ,has anyone recently arranged their medicals prior to the allocation of a Case Officer.If so could you possibly share the process.I have read that this cant be done without a HAP number (whatever that is) .

If this is possible we are considering arranging this prior to the Christmas holidays,could possibly shave off a few weeks off this increasing wait period. Thanks Kev

Hi, I am here now on the temp visa since January, I had my medicals and garda clearance done before I got a Case Officer and I didnt have a HAP number, as far as I remember you only have that number if the agent sends in the details electronically, my agent went thro the postal system, I could be wrong but I definately did have my medicals and clearance done way before I got my Case Officer. Best of luck. Fran.

Parents have been told the same, even phoned the Manchester Medical center (or where-ever it's done) and they said if they didn't have a HAP ID then they couldn't do it.