Guest guest36187

Hi Sandipops

It sounds as though your parents are in the same boat as us - parents of only child settled in Oz, elderly grandparents (in our case grandparent) still alive. I just wanted to say, we waited eight years to put in our 103 application, mainly because my husband wasn't convinced. He finally agreed to at least get the application in last November and our 103 was lodged in February. We now have a queue date of August 13th 2013. The letter that came with the queue date warned of a possible wait of twenty plus years which, as you can imagine, pleased me no end, especially when I read about the new increase in fees for the 143. When we retired four years ago it was $30,000 a head. Now it's $48,000 each. I really wish I had browbeaten my OH into applying for a 103 years ago - after all what is there to lose - a couple of thou. dollars if you eventually don't go, or switch to a 143, which in the grand scheme of things is not a lot to pay to know you are at least in the queue.

It's incredibly frustrating and makes you feel so torn, wanting to look after your own parents but also wanting to be with your 'child' Good luck!

Thanks Rowley

That puts my mind at rest. Have just waded through both of our employment records and what we have done since retiring. (Typically I had thrown away my CV as I didn't think I would ever need it again!). Details of where we had travelled to we less difficult to access.

Hope all is going well for you. Carolyn

Hi I lodged our visa 173 which was acknowledged 27.7.2012. It seems that 173 are slower than 143?? still waiting to hear. Can anyone tell me if you can obtain an Oz driving licence with a 173 or have you got to be a permanent resident? We have done it this way to spread the cost! Thanks.

Hi I lodged our visa 173 which was acknowledged 27.7.2012. It seems that 173 are slower than 143?? still waiting to hear. Can anyone tell me if you can obtain an Oz driving licence with a 173 or have you got to be a permanent resident? We have done it this way to spread the cost! Thanks.

Hi Nuttynan, yes you can do most things on the 173 visa, we are on this type of visa and had no issues changing our driving licences, bought a property, medicare cards etc.

Val

Guest guest72525

Hi Nuttynan - They seem to be allocating COs for the 143s which were acknowledged in May and June 2012, so you may have a few more weeks to wait....

Does anyone know what has happened to the parent visa tracker website (http://www.chireckles.com/cpv/tracker.php).

Has the domain name not been renewed?

I'm happy to host this site on our server and to pay for the domain if the forum owner wants to contact me directly.

Best regards.

This was originally started by Steve - username Sandch - I don't think he has posted on here for a while, but you might be able to contact him through a private message.

Guest piramida

Hello friends, I did not have internet, but we was so busy to find flat, job, open bank account and many other things. I was lucky and I start working in QVB Anthea Crawford. I wish all of you everything the best, and i hope you will come soon in AU. I know how is hard to waiting to be with children together. Best regards

Sorry Folks, the domain is moving between providers - by rowing boat I think. It should be available now.

Thank you Alan for alerting me to the broken link. And it's a good excuse to catch up on ... oh no ...several hundred posts.

Steve

Hi Steve, seems to have stopped at me then on August 27th when I put on my acknowledgement date. No changes so far as I have seen.

Very interesting site. Carolyn

Hi all, I arrived in Brisbane in January 2013 on my temporary 173 visa. To all of you waiting for the visa, I went through the highs and lows and it is worth it all, I love it here. The hardest part is making friends but I was so lucky to have hooked up with two of your members who arrived around the same time as me, Angie and Val and they have made it so much easier for me. I am asking for a bit of information, I am going to apply for the 143 permanent visa in the not too distant future (when I have earned enough money to get it) but am a bit confused, I heard the fee had gone up in July but from what I can see it on the Govt website it is still $16,995 or thereabouts. Could anyone throw any light on this. Thanks in advance.

hi summerdaisy- the Visa Pricing Table takes some studying! but from what I can see your payments so far have been in the region of 2370 & 16885? (might have been upped slightly following the July changes since you paid). you 2nd installment as far as I can see is going to be $£29130...go into the immi website & have a check yourself, but it looks as though going the 173/143 route costs around 4k more than the straight 143. Anyone chip in if I've read this wrong :wideeyed:

Veronique, congratulations, you are now on the list. Thank goodness DIAC didn't take the time they originally said to find your application. So only a few days behind me now, just waiting for Tabitha to come on the listing with us. Are you still ploughing on with Form 80?

carolyn x

Hi all, I arrived in Brisbane in January 2013 on my temporary 173 visa. To all of you waiting for the visa, I went through the highs and lows and it is worth it all, I love it here. The hardest part is making friends but I was so lucky to have hooked up with two of your members who arrived around the same time as me, Angie and Val and they have made it so much easier for me. I am asking for a bit of information, I am going to apply for the 143 permanent visa in the not too distant future (when I have earned enough money to get it) but am a bit confused, I heard the fee had gone up in July but from what I can see it on the Govt website it is still $16,995 or thereabouts. Could anyone throw any light on this. Thanks in advance.

Hi Summerdaisy

I recently applied to convert my 173 to a 143 permanent visa. I believe the second instalment is $16,885. I agree with Freesia the visa pricing table takes some studying! I think we come under 19j (i) on the table which reads... The second instalment (payable before grant of visa) "Applicant who was the holder of a subclass 173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)visa) at the time of application" it then gives the price of $16.885...I'm praying it isn't $29130... good luck!

Veronique, congratulations, you are now on the list. Thank goodness DIAC didn't take the time they originally said to find your application. So only a few days behind me now, just waiting for Tabitha to come on the listing with us. Are you still ploughing on with Form 80?

carolyn x

yeah, congratulations Veronique, please let it be us next,pleeeeaaassseeee lol lol

tab x

Hi Summerdaisy

I recently applied to convert my 173 to a 143 permanent visa. I believe the second instalment is $16,885. I agree with Freesia the visa pricing table takes some studying! I think we come under 19j (i) on the table which reads... The second instalment (payable before grant of visa) "Applicant who was the holder of a subclass 173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)visa) at the time of application" it then gives the price of $16.885...I'm praying it isn't $29130... good luck!

What have you paid so far ? the thing is, the 143 is well over $40k now, so the 173/143 is going to be at least this amount.

Guest guest72525

My parents have been told to 'provide their itinerary' (as they are currently in Australia) so their case officer can plan when to grant their visa while they are off-shore. They did their medicals and police clearances before getting a CO. It has taken 15 days from getting the case officer to do the AoS and for the 2nd visa payment to be processed. We did fulfil each new request within 24 hours of being asked, and I stayed in touch with the AoS contact at Centrelink, but it's amazing how quick it has been! My parents are feeling rather stunned at the speed, after more than 14 months of anxious waiting. They leave on Sunday for 3 days in Bali and will hopefully re-enter Australia as permanent residents!

My parents have been told to 'provide their itinerary' (as they are currently in Australia) so their case officer can plan when to grant their visa while they are off-shore. They did their medicals and police clearances before getting a CO. It has taken 15 days from getting the case officer to do the AoS and for the 2nd visa payment to be processed. We did fulfil each new request within 24 hours of being asked, and I stayed in touch with the AoS contact at Centrelink, but it's amazing how quick it has been! My parents are feeling rather stunned at the speed, after more than 14 months of anxious waiting. They leave on Sunday for 3 days in Bali and will hopefully re-enter Australia as permanent residents!

That's great news! Are they doing the 143? My parents are at the 13 month mark and we've everything crossed something will happen with their 173 in the next couple of months!

Guest guest72525

Hi Nicolac34

We "nudged" the DIAC by sending a query to the PVC about the AoS payment a few days after the 14 month mark. It was a 143 but shouldn't be any different timewise? I spent so long trying to work out why some people got case officers sooner than others on the tracker (sometimes 2 months difference with the same date of Acknowledgement!) I'm couldn't find a pattern but you get so desperate you try to work out everything....

Hi Freesia, I paid $24,010 for my 173, and I'm really hoping that you are right that its $16,885 to change to the permanent visa. The table of fees is a bit confusing so I think I'll email DIAC and just ask. I'll have to think very carefully if its alot more. Thanks for the reply, will let you know if I get an answer. Fran.

Hi can anyone advise whether it is worth getting our medicals & police checks done now. We applied for 173 July 2012 so am hoping to hear anytime soon. I just want to get things moving so if this will speed things up it will be great. Am going from excited and can't wait to go to being terrified and are we doing the right thing! Am sure you can all relate to how we are feeling. Thanks.

Hi Nuttynan, can really relate to that, used to have sleepless nights waiting for a CO and half afraid at the same time. Am here 8 months now and its just great, you do get the odd day when you'd think about home. I have no regrets whatsoever and I was really worried cos I had no husband or partner so was doing it alone. Best of luck hope you get a CO soon and all goes well for you.

What have you paid so far ? the thing is, the 143 is well over $40k now, so the 173/143 is going to be at least this amount.

Hi Freesia - I paid the initial deposit of $1995 then $24.010 for my 173. I recently paid the $280 application fee for my 143 and I've got everything crossed that the second vac will be $16.885.... the pricing table isn't that clear but I think the $16.885 is the fee for converting from 173 to 143.....time will tell! has anyone just been through this process?