Guest guest36187

Veronique, congratulations, you are now on the list. Thank goodness DIAC didn't take the time they originally said to find your application. So only a few days behind me now, just waiting for Tabitha to come on the listing with us. Are you still ploughing on with Form 80?

carolyn x

Hi carob - we started form 80 after we read your last post it's a bit of a pain but it is ready to go. So thanks for the advice cheers Ronnie

Guest guest72525
Hi can anyone advise whether it is worth getting our medicals & police checks done now. We applied for 173 July 2012 so am hoping to hear anytime soon. I just want to get things moving so if this will speed things up it will be great. Am going from excited and can't wait to go to being terrified and are we doing the right thing! Am sure you can all relate to how we are feeling. Thanks.

I would do the police clearances and medicals now. My parents' date of acknowledgement was 19 June 2012 and they recently got a case officer. They had already done their medicals and police clearances and that helped the process move faster. I would also start doing the Form 80 in case - it is VERY long and will keep you busy until you get a case officer :smile:

What's the best route to get my parents out here? There is 4 of us here 3 of which have pr/ citizenship on a 457. Can my parents get a bridging visa while waiting for a visa to go through eg; if on the non cpv waiting list visa. Any advice which is the best route?

Do you mean 3 have PR or Citizenship & the 4th has a 457?

The parents need to pass the Balance of family test which you seem to be aware of -get them to read the Parent Booklet 3 from http://www.immi.gov.au/parents which will give you an overview of the Parent/Aged Parent visas. If one of your parents is over 65 & onshore visiting you, they are allowed to apply for the appropriate visa yes.

If not, they will have to sit it out offshore & use the longer visas for visiting family while they wait.

Guest Cathwotherspoon
Operation rescheduled & takes place tomorrow (Friday) been a long time coming!!

Phoebe x

Thinking of you Phoebe and hope all goes well.

Cath x

Hi Everyone

We have just been granted permanent residency which means my mum and her husband can now apply to live in Australia. Does anyone know if they can lodge their application and add their documents at a later as they are still collecting documents to be certified and waiting for police certificates? We were hoping they could lodge and at least be in the queue and add their documents as and when they get them.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Julia

My parents have been told to 'provide their itinerary' (as they are currently in Australia) so their case officer can plan when to grant their visa while they are off-shore. They did their medicals and police clearances before getting a CO. It has taken 15 days from getting the case officer to do the AoS and for the 2nd visa payment to be processed. We did fulfil each new request within 24 hours of being asked, and I stayed in touch with the AoS contact at Centrelink, but it's amazing how quick it has been! My parents are feeling rather stunned at the speed, after more than 14 months of anxious waiting. They leave on Sunday for 3 days in Bali and will hopefully re-enter Australia as permanent residents!

Hi Learjet,

Would you please tell me how do PVC communicate with you or your parents? Do they communicate through postal mail and ask you to send hard copies through postal mail or they communicate through email?

I am really facing challenges ever since I had applied for my 173. I applied in Jan'13. The money was taken from credit card in Feb'13. I sent query for acknowledgment March'13 end. The day I sent query...next day i received a reply in mail that my acknowledgment has been sent today(the day after my query) by post. I never received it. Now when i sent a 1022 form for correspondence address change, they say they can not open the PDF file and asked me to send it by post. I again sent jpeg, png, word document and PDF file attachments along with the scanned images of the form pasted in the email and also mentioned that I have sent the hard copies by mail. Still they sent me a mail asking to send them hard copies of 1022 form.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTANDING THIS. I am really confused as why PVC is always sending me documents through mail and asking me to send them documents through mail when both of us are actually communicating through email for all these information.

Allen please if you can guide me.

Guest Cathwotherspoon
Hi Everyone

We have just been granted permanent residency which means my mum and her husband can now apply to live in Australia. Does anyone know if they can lodge their application and add their documents at a later as they are still collecting documents to be certified and waiting for police certificates? We were hoping they could lodge and at least be in the queue and add their documents as and when they get them.

Thanks

Julia

Hi Julia

If you are in Australia yourself, you have to be 'settled' for at least 2 years before parents can apply. When their application is acknowledged they wait for a case officer to request all other necessary paperwork, - medicals, police clearance etc. Your mum and her husband also have to pass the 'balance of family' test, and stepchildren are also taken into account. Have a look at booklet 3 on the immigration site for more info. Hope this helps a little.

Cath

Hi Learjet,

Would you please tell me how do PVC communicate with you or your parents? Do they communicate through postal mail and ask you to send hard copies through postal mail or they communicate through email?

I am really facing challenges ever since I had applied for my 173. I applied in Jan'13. The money was taken from credit card in Feb'13. I sent query for acknowledgment March'13 end. The day I sent query...next day i received a reply in mail that my acknowledgment has been sent today(the day after my query) by post. I never received it. Now when i sent a 1022 form for correspondence address change, they say they can not open the PDF file and asked me to send it by post. I again sent jpeg, png, word document and PDF file attachments along with the scanned images of the form pasted in the email and also mentioned that I have sent the hard copies by mail. Still they sent me a mail asking to send them hard copies of 1022 form.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTANDING THIS. I am really confused as why PVC is always sending me documents through mail and asking me to send them documents through mail when both of us are actually communicating through email for all these information.

Very difficult to answer questions such as this when I am not directly involved with the application.

Suggest you send an email to the case officer, asking him/her to telephone you.

Good luck!

Hi Everyone

Thanks

Julia

Yes, as Cath says: be aware of the need for a "settled" sponsor. There's lots of discussion on this forum about this subject.

Applications can be lodged with DIAC, with documents to follow once you have a file reference - but I suggest deferring the lodgment of the application if the supporting docs are not too far away.

In most cases the docs comprise (for the applicant) birth certificates, marriage certificate, passport ID pages, and (for the sponsor) evidence of Aus citizenship or permanent residence and documentation confirming residence => these ought to be close to hand, and I recommend including these with the DIAC application forms.

Best regards.

Hi Phoebe

That is great news after all this time!!

I'm sure you are as excited/nervous as if you were going to Oz to see your new grandchildren?!

Hope your recovery is speedy and you are soon planning your trip back to Oz.

Be thinking of you tomorrow.

Cheers, Pam

Thanks Cath & Kev................was cancelled again half hour before was due to go down totally sick :-(

Phoebe x

Oh Phoebe.........aaarrgghh!

Looks like I jumped the gun again...........what an absolute **** thing to happen!

Next time it's scheduled, I'm not sending you good wishes, maybe then it will all go ahead ok!!

Thinking of you sunshine!

Oh Phoebe.........aaarrgghh!

Looks like I jumped the gun again...........what an absolute **** thing to happen!

Next time it's scheduled, I'm not sending you good wishes, maybe then it will all go ahead ok!!

Thinking of you sunshine!

Rang me later in the day given me 1st October at different hospital....never know 3rd time lucky but not holding my breath!!

Phoebe x

Yes, as Cath says: be aware of the need for a "settled" sponsor. There's lots of discussion on this forum about this subject.

Applications can be lodged with DIAC, with documents to follow once you have a file reference - but I suggest deferring the lodgment of the application if the supporting docs are not too far away.

In most cases the docs comprise (for the applicant) birth certificates, marriage certificate, passport ID pages, and (for the sponsor) evidence of Aus citizenship or permanent residence and documentation confirming residence => these ought to be close to hand, and I recommend including these with the DIAC application forms.

Best regards.

My brother will be the sponsor, he is a citizen of Australia. We were waiting for our PR so we meet the balance of family test.

Guest guest72525
Hi Learjet,

My parents go their letter of acknowledgement by post, although they asked for all communication by email. From reading this thread, I gather that everyone gets the letter of acknowledgement by post.

All other communication (by the PVC) has been by email. My parents did a form 1022 to let the PVC know that they were currently in Australia (they are from South Africa but are here on a tourist visa). They sent this as a hard copy to the PVC. They also sent their original police clearances by post to the PVC. They phoned the general migration number to check that all their documents had been received, and this was confirmed.

So it seems all forms and documents must be sent as hard copies from our side, but all communication from the PVC's side (except for the letter of acknowledgement) has been by email!! Also to note that my parents heard absolutely nothing from the PVC between getting the letter of acknowledgement and getting an email announcing that they had a case officer more than 14 months time. Scary, as you hope you aren't lost in the system! The good news is once you have a CO, everything is very efficient and it is easy to communicate.

Hope this helps!

Guest guest72525

My parents are in Bali and their visa was granted this morning! Mass rejoicing from Perth to Denpasar... 15 and a half months from date of lodgement (6 June 2012) and just over 15 months from date of acknowledgement (19 June 2012). We couldn't have done it without the help from this thread so thank you to everyone.

Hi - My apologies if all the answers to my question(s) are in this thread already - But i sadly don't have the time to read and digest the previous 633 pages.

My wife and i are currently going through the process of EOI with the aim being a skills based state (SA) sponsored permanent residency VISA.

However my 'mother-in-law' has expressed that she would like to also move to SA (for obvious reasons) on a permanent basis. This has got my wife incredibly excited, but i am concerned (for my wife's mood) because, as far as i was aware there are only two options for someone of her age (early 60's) and neither are realistic.

1. She can apply for a certain type of VISA specifically for parents - but this VISA has incredibly limited (annual) spaces and as a result it can take years, maybe a decade to be given the green light.

2. The can explore an other VISA - But this option costs several tens of thousands of pounds (which she does not have).

Am i incorrect? are there other options?

Kind regards,

Richard.

You've got that about right actually, though it's obviously not what you want to hear ! Additionally though- the sponsor will need to be a "settled" permanent resident (generally assumed to be around 2 years after grant /arrival in Aus) before she could even apply. There are visitor visa options of course.

Hi - My apologies if all the answers to my question(s) are in this thread already - But i sadly don't have the time to read and digest the previous 633 pages.

My wife and i are currently going through the process of EOI with the aim being a skills based state (SA) sponsored permanent residency VISA.

However my 'mother-in-law' has expressed that she would like to also move to SA (for obvious reasons) on a permanent basis. This has got my wife incredibly excited, but i am concerned (for my wife's mood) because, as far as i was aware there are only two options for someone of her age (early 60's) and neither are realistic.

1. She can apply for a certain type of VISA specifically for parents - but this VISA has incredibly limited (annual) spaces and as a result it can take years, maybe a decade to be given the green light.

2. The can explore an other VISA - But this option costs several tens of thousands of pounds (which she does not have).

Am i incorrect? are there other options?

Kind regards,

Richard.

The best place to start is here which gives all the visa options:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/visa-options.htm

and Booklet 3: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf

If your mother-in-law is over 65 then she may be eligible for the 804

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/131621-aged-parent-residence-visa-subclass-804-a-2.html

although this is risky as she will have limited access to Medicare and will still have to pass the medical after a long wait. I think Alan Collett has a leaflet on this. You may be able to send him a PM.

And of course, to be eligible for a parent visa she needs to pass the Balance of Family test, ie she needs to have at least half her children in Australia as permanent residents.

Parents of permanent residents can apply for a long visitor visa in the meantime:

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/whats-new.htm

Sadly, for most of us the only option is to cough up the huge visa charge.

Edited by Linday