Guest guest36187

My son moved to Aus in November last year, 2012, with his Aus wife and Aus children. I think he has permeant residency. When can I apply to move there as a parent with a 173 or 143? I have a "friend" who would not pass the balance of family test even though he hasn't seen his children for twenty years. At present we have no plans regarding our future. If I applied as a parent and then we decided to stay together would I be able to apply for a fiancé visa at a later date?

i hope someone can give me some advice. Thank you.

You still don't pass the BoF as your partner has 3 children, (I remember you asking earlier in the year so I checked back :)) He's still "got" children even though he hasn't seen them for however long. So that's 4 between you & only one in Aus? Plus you've presumably got a living history together by now such as shared finances, so there's not going to be an easy way of calling him a "friend" instead of "partner" unfortunately! Nice try though!

There is a roundabout way of sponsoring a partner later- but it's discouraged by the fact that you couldn't sponsor him for 5 years after you got a Parent visa anyway- so you'd be apart all that time. But it's a no-go anyway since you don't satisfy the BoF..sad but true. I take it you couldn't get around the Business type Visas?

You still don't pass the BoF as your partner has 3 children, (I remember you asking earlier in the year so I checked back :)) He's still "got" children even though he hasn't seen them for however long. So that's 4 between you & only one in Aus? Plus you've presumably got a living history together by now such as shared finances, so there's not going to be an easy way of calling him a "friend" instead of "partner" unfortunately! Nice try though!

There is a roundabout way of sponsoring a partner later- but it's discouraged by the fact that you couldn't sponsor him for 5 years after you got a Parent visa anyway- so you'd be apart all that time. But it's a no-go anyway since you don't satisfy the BoF..sad but true. I take it you couldn't get around the Business type Visas?

Actually we have separate finances and separate homes. I'm not sure about the business visa. He works as a limited company over here.

Does anyone know anything about the online parent's visa queue? I got a queue date of 13/08/13 ages ago and a link to enable me to look at the queue. Its a 103 application so I'm not expecting speed (!) but I would like to just see that we are on it. I've waited the ten weeks I was told to wait but everytime I try to access it I get an error message ... anyone shed any light?

Thanks in advance.

Quick question.

Parents applied for a 173 in Aug 2012 and are yet to get a CO.

Flying to Australia in December with a return booked for August (just a random return date, they'll change it later).

Their intention is to travel for 6-9 months whilst waiting for the visa to come through and will fly out for it to be granted.

Which tourist visa should they come to Australia on in December? Dad's worried if they come on the 3 month one immi might question their return date.

Quick question.

Flying to Australia in December with a return booked for August (just a random return date, they'll change it later).

Their intention is to travel for 6-9 months whilst waiting for the visa to come through and will fly out for it to be granted.

Which tourist visa should they come to Australia on in December? Dad's worried if they come on the 3 month one immi might question their return date.

Hi Nocilac34,

Your parents can go to Australia on long visitors visa for parents. On this visa they can stay up to 12 months at a time. http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/amendments/2012/121124/lc24112012-02.htm. refer to this link. This visa is given for 3 yrs or 5 yrs.

Edited by Blueray
additional info

Quick question.

Hi Nicolac34,

Your parents can go to Australia on long visitors visa for parents. On this visa they can stay up to 12 months at a time. http://www.immi.gov.au/legislation/amendments/2012/121124/lc24112012-02.htm. refer to this link. This visa is usually given for 3 yrs or 5 yrs. If you need any further info please post a query. I will assist you.

Edited by Blueray

Hi all

I did this youtube video on the CPV a couple of years ago.

It is still relevent though and the current visa prices are in the description.

Hope you get your visa. Mine took a while but I believe it is quicker these days.

Peewit

This would be very useful indeed if the waiting times were up to date.:biggrin: Does anyone know what the wait is on the 804 currently please?

Caro - the link to the queue calculator is still showing unavailable- so no it's not just you :)

Hi,

Our 143s were granted in August and we will soon be leaving.

The visa grant notice states that the visa is valid for 5 years and in that time we are allowed multiple entries, with 'Conditions: Nil'.

My question to the forum (I guess addressed to those who have gone through the process and are now in Australia, or advisors) is:- are there any limits on the amount of time you are allowed out of Australia in that 5 years? (Not that we are intending to leave Oz for extended periods, but it would be nice to know if there are any limitations.) I have searched the immi website with no success.

Regards

Rowley

ps good luck to all of you still in the process.

Hi,

The visa grant notice states that the visa is valid for 5 years and in that time we are allowed multiple entries, with 'Conditions: Nil'.

My question to the forum (I guess addressed to those who have gone through the process and are now in Australia, or advisors) is:- are there any limits on the amount of time you are allowed out of Australia in that 5 years? (Not that we are intending to leave Oz for extended periods, but it would be nice to know if there are any limitations.) I have searched the immi website with no success.

Regards

Rowley

I can understand the real question behind your post. I would suggest that you read Returning resident visa provisions in detail in immi gov au website.If you stay for a cumulative period of two years during the currency of 5 year visa then you will get RR Visa for three years. If stay is less than two years then one has to establish permanent ties with Australia also. It will be better if you read it yourself, that will give you total picture.One never knows when Australia would toughen citizen ship acquisition rules like it has been done here in UK. Once 143 visa has been obtained then prudence lies in getting Australian citizenship at the earliest unless one is keeping the option of testing the Australian waters open so as to move back.For a middle income applicant like me it is going to be one way street. I am neither hard pressed for money nor awash with money. But for my age I do not wish to make any more experiments in settling here and there. Settling in Australia, God willing, shall be my last relocation in life.

Happy relocation to you.

Oh Rowley Rocket, another 'wobbly'. I thought the 143 granted PR, where has the valid for 5 years come from, I'm sure I haven't read anything in the immi.info?

Useful reply mmant like you we are 'middle income' are you there already?

Freesia, is this the Chireckles site you are talking about, or is there another one for 143 applicants? Guess that Fisher1 is also Kath, and yes that is not me, I'm Caro :wink:

Hi,

Regards

Rowley

G'day Rowley, and congratulations on getting to the finishing line!

I think that the answer (to yours and subsequent questions) is that there are no restriction per se. After 5 years, however, you'd need to get a Resident Return visa before going overseas, unless you have meanwhile become an Oz citizen. And that's where there's a catch. In order to get citizenship, you have to have been physically resident in Oz for 5 years, without having spent more than certain periods outside the country in that period and in the past year. (I forget the exact figures, but you can find them easily on the DIAC website.)

Hope that helps.

Good luck with the move, Mike

I think you have to be a permanent resident for 4 years not 5.

Quote from Citizenship web site

If you became a permanent resident on or after 1 July 2007 the residence requirement is:

• You must have been living in Australia on a valid Australian visa for 4 years immediately before applying, including 1 year as a permanent resident, and
  • You must not have been absent from Australia for more than 1 year during the 4 year period, including no more than 90 days in the year immediately before applying.

hi Caro- no not Chireckles- DIBP have their own Parent Visa Q calculator- I think I just googled & came across it- you put your own acknowledgement date in & presumably it gives you your position in the queue-

Sorry to be vague but every time I check it I'm not queued yet...on the 103 it now takes about 6 months to get queued apparently & only 7 years to process.(despite this 16-20 year figure that keeps being bandied about.) so I'm hopeful of joining the queue in the next couple of months. Then I'll be able to test this system myself.

Hi,

Many thanks Mmant, Mike and Durhamlad. Between you all you have clarified the situation. Key is to get citizenship within the five years that the CPV13 is valid to avoid the faff of the Returning Resident visa and the citizenship qualification is on the DIAC website (as quoted by Durhamlad).

(Carob - CPV143 grants permanent residence and multiple re-entry into Australia for five years from date of issue. After five years, if you wish to leave Australia for any reason, eg hols or visiting UK rellies, then to get back into Australia you need a Returning Resident visa for which you need to have spent a cumulative 2 years in Australia out of the previous 5, unless, as stated above, you have citizenship, in which case you can come and go as you please.)

Regards to all

Rowley

ps we are now at the stage where anything not bolted to the floor is getting de-cluttered.

Oh Rowley Rocket, another 'wobbly'. I thought the 143 granted PR, where has the valid for 5 years come from, I'm sure I haven't read anything in the immi.info?

Useful reply mmant like you we are 'middle income' are you there already?

Freesia, is this the Chireckles site you are talking about, or is there another one for 143 applicants? Guess that Fisher1 is also Kath, and yes that is not me, I'm Caro :wink:

My turn for CPV 143 is expected sometime in middle of 2014. Right now I am on west side of English channel in between Isle Of Dogs and Canada Waters.

Regards