Guest guest36187

:cool::cool:Hi Everyone.

Finally our wish come true.Today we got email from case officer.He ask us for AOS,Medical and PCC. Our acknowledgement date was 13/08/2012. Good luck to everyone else.

Fantastic news Boss!! My parents are 3 weeks behind you.... so given we've got Christmas in the way fingers crossed they hear something by the end of January!!

:cool::cool:Hi Everyone.

Finally our wish come true.Today we got email from case officer.He ask us for AOS,Medical and PCC. Our acknowledgement date was 13/08/2012. Good luck to everyone else.

Wow Boss, what a lovely Christmas present for you. We are exactly twelve months behind you, so it is interesting (and slightly depressing) to see what the current time lines are, as knowing what to do and when to do them is not exactly that clear.:cool: Wishing you all the best of luck, Carob

QUOTE=Boss2468;1936393215]:cool::cool:Hi Everyone.

Excellent News. Best Christmas present ever ? Same as Carob we are a year behind you - hope IMMI get a move on but we can only wait and wait .................

Best wishes for Christmas and Good Luck to everyone waiting for their visa.

Hi Boss2468. Am so pleased, you must be so excited. Santa obviously hasn't got my letter cos our date was 27/7/2012. I am thinking 143 gets priority over 173. Of course we now have Christmas and New Year which will delay things even more. Anyway merry Christmas to all of you and good news for all of us in 2014.

Regards Nuttynan.

I would like to wish anybody connected with go matilda a very very happy xmas and new year top agent

That is very kind - many thanks!

A very Happy Xmas to all parent visa applicants and visaholders, whether in Australia or intending to be in Australia in the near future.

Let's all hope for a rewarding 2014, in all respects!

Yay ! THE EAGLE HAS LANDED !! (Well, the case officer has at last). After almost 18 months of waiting we have now been allocated. Great Christmas pressie .

Now the next stage begins. Good job we have the next week off work as now have to do the dreaded form 80 ! More beaurocracy and brain damage. Medicals booked for 10th Jan. Getting closer and that's the main thing. Hoping we can get there by end of Feb. Have tickets for the Stones in March so better be.

Good luck to those still waiting. Suddenly the reality kicks in :)

Wow, Genie 1, what an excellent Christmas present. Immi don't seem to have much time off do they, in view of when your Case Officer came through? Best of luck with THE FORM!! It took me the best part of two days to assemble and complete. We were requested to complete it ASAP when we got our acknowledgement in August this year, so things have changed with the schedule it would seem.

All good wishes for the New Year.

:cool::cool:Hi genie1,

Congratulation for case officer,medical,PCC etc. I got all this on 18/12/2013. Applied for PCC on 21/12/2013. Medical done on 30/12/2013. Waiting for the results.Hope everything is fine.

Wish you good luck and happy new year to everyone on this board.

Kind regards

Edited by Boss2468

Thanks Boss2468 and everyone who has wished us well. We are still ploughing through form 80. What a chore! Having to account for every job and every place I've travelled to over the last fifty years is mind blowing ! and we have to get friends and family to verify our relationship of twenty years! They don't make it easy do they !

Happy New Year everyone!!!

I have a question, we received the acknowledgement letter in April 2013 for contributory parent visa, and was asked to commence prepare police check 10 months after, health certificate and assurance of support 12 months after, ie before a CO is allocated. Is it the new process?

I know with applications 2 years ago the health and assurance of support usually asked to prepare after a CO is allocated. That would make more sense wouldn't it? I mean what happen if you prepare everything and they just decline your visa?

I have a question, we received the acknowledgement letter in April 2013 for contributory parent visa, and was asked to commence prepare police check 10 months after, health certificate and assurance of support 12 months after, ie before a CO is allocated. Is it the new process?

I know with applications 2 years ago the health and assurance of support usually asked to prepare after a CO is allocated. That would make more sense wouldn't it? I mean what happen if you prepare everything and they just decline your visa?

I would think that the results of your health, police checks and assurance of support would determine whether you will get your visa or not. They need this information before they ask you for the final payment. Your are correct though, the rules do seem to have changed since we applied in 2010. When a CO was allocated to us all we got was 28 days to get everything together - not easy when Centrelink seem quite slow in some cities.

You will get there in the end, good luck with everything!

Ps had our visa since Nov 2012 but still living in the UK.........somebody please buy my house!

I would be sending an enquiry email to the Parents Visa Centre a year post lodgment to ask them to confirm they still want you to arrange medicals, police clearances, etc.

Processing times have been slipping towards 18 months of late, so I'd be maintaining a watching brief on parent visa processing times. The last thing most will want is a short window to enter Australia to validate their visas.

Best regards.

I would be sending an enquiry email to the Parents Visa Centre a year post lodgment to ask them to confirm they still want you to arrange medicals, police clearances, etc.

Processing times have been slipping towards 18 months of late, so I'd be maintaining a watching brief on parent visa processing times. The last thing most will want is a short window to enter Australia to validate their visas.

Best regards.

Dear Alan, I will definitely contact the Parent Visa Centre as you suggest. Apparently I have sent you a messege regarding my case. If you have time please help me to have a look at it and see if we still stand any chance to get the 143 visa.

Thank you very much and wish you a Happy New Year!!!

Hi. Can anyone tell me the difference between an acknowledgement date and a lodgement date? My lodgement date was 27/12/2012 & acknowledgement date 27/8/2012. Do we go by the acknowledgement date? Am confused. Thanks. Happy New Year to you all and to all at Poms in Oz. Regards Nuttynan.

Hi. Can anyone tell me the difference between an acknowledgement date and a lodgement date? My lodgement date was 27/12/2012 & acknowledgement date 27/8/2012. Do we go by the acknowledgement date? Am confused. Thanks. Happy New Year to you all and to all at Poms in Oz. Regards Nuttynan.

Hi Nuttynan, I think you got your dates the wrong way round! 27/08/2012 would be when you lodged your application and 27/12/2012 was when it was acknowledged. The time it takes to get your case officer (in our case 18mths!) is taken from the date of acknowledgment. Welcome to confused.com ! Lol

Hi Genie1. I typed the wrong date - der!!! Our lodgement date was 27.7.2012 and acknowledgement date 27.8.2012. So we are a bit behind you and of course we have had Christmas and New Year. I have already completed form 80. Good fun isn't it? Shame the UK aren't as fussy. I think I will start a new club called very very confused.com!!!

Hi Genie1. I typed the wrong date - der!!! Our lodgement date was 27.7.2012 and acknowledgement date 27.8.2012. So we are a bit behind you and of course we have had Christmas and New Year. I have already completed form 80. Good fun isn't it? Shame the UK aren't as fussy. I think I will start a new club called very very confused.com!!!

Hi Nuttynan, with reference to your quote "Shame the UK aren't as fussy" I happen to think that Australia is too fussy ! We will both soon be immigrants !