Guest guest36187

What is the email address you use before you get your CO?

It's all about someone you can talk to before the CO, n'est pa?

John

:idea: You should have a file ref number from your acknowledgement receipt, quote this and use the general parents@immi.gov.au

We just asked would we get a 'CO' for our Christmas present or should we expect to wait until the new year ( it was 20th Dec 2010 when we emailed) and we got a reply saying they would pass it on and then on 23rd Dec we got a CO, who then went on 6 weeks holiday :shocked: but that's another story. :twitcy:

The visa was validated in the May half term week so we have almost 5 years to sell our house (and it feels like we might need it:wacko:) and move out to Oz.

Or....we could all sing.....are you ready .....

THE ONLY WAY IS UP !!!!!!!!!

Accept the things you cannot change and courage to change the things we can...

We have moved our money for our visa..,the sale of our house is still going through...we will move the money asap....we can do nothing to change the rate of our raf pension...thats all we have to live on...so perhaps our next song should be ....

I WILL SURVIVE......

And then ....because we will be in OZ...

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE ..,,

Almost there ..,,Val x

We have got our second VAC request today:err::cry: that's what's probably strengthened the Oz $ nothing to do with the US possibly defaulting on it's debts.:Randy-git:Now it's time to make up our minds properly:confused:

We have got our second VAC request today:err::cry: that's what's probably strengthened the Oz $ nothing to do with the US possibly defaulting on it's debts.:Randy-git:Now it's time to make up our minds properly:confused:

G'Day Mates!

And congratulations.

It must be a great relief after the extra meds questions. We know what it's like to wait and wonder along those lines...

Mike and Sue

Ah my fellow long-suffering CPV applicants.

The crystal ball has been consulted and the indications for Australian interest rates are now upwards rather than downwards. Be fair, a week has gone by. It's probably the only remaining currency in the world that has any attraction for investors. They're now happily talking about 1.40 to the US Dollar (currently 1.10). This bodes ill for the sterling rate. I've also seen comments that the Aussie is perhaps no longer regarded as a risk currency. That would seem to mean that the volatility which saw it yo-yoing around early in the financial crisis is a thing of the past.

As for Australia, the two speed economy is well and truly established. I see reports that huge investment (mining of course) underpins the resources boom; that part of the economy is firmly pinned to China's growth at the moment.

We all want Australia to do well, but of course if your income is not dollars you suffer.

I look forward to the next set of pronouncements from the economists which will probably reverse all of the aforesaid.

:wacko:

Ah my fellow long-suffering CPV applicants.

I look forward to the next set of pronouncements from the economists which will probably reverse all of the aforesaid.

:wacko:

I am looking forward to the reversal but .......

Charlie

:cry:

We got our grant letter today. Just can't believe it is actually happening. We have things to do, family weddings so plan to go next May.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum who have kept me sane at 3.00am in the morning when I have woken with "what happens if" in my mind. I could always find the answer on this site.

But also....this high exchange rate...is not good for exports...so ...perhaps the goverment will need to do something....well that gets my vote...and if it could happen in the next two weeks..,that would REALLY help ....

Sadly most of their exports are priced in US Dollars...

Good luck to you Cakey! We're due to fly out next Thursday (4th August) and it's an absolute NIGHTMARE trying to sort goods out ready for the shippers, giving stuff away, deciding what clothes we can take and what we need to ship separately - as well as letting the house (as we can't sell) and all that paperwork! I know all the stress will disappear as soon as we start our journey - but I'll tell you something, we're NEVER emigrating again! For better or worse, we're staying in Oz!!!

Best wishes .............

Good luck to you Cakey! We're due to fly out next Thursday (4th August) and it's an absolute NIGHTMARE trying to sort goods out ready for the shippers, giving stuff away, deciding what clothes we can take and what we need to ship separately - as well as letting the house (as we can't sell) and all that paperwork! I know all the stress will disappear as soon as we start our journey - but I'll tell you something, we're NEVER emigrating again! For better or worse, we're staying in Oz!!!

Hi Sue, good luck with the journey and so pleased you are now on your way to living the dream, like you i am going to let my house if i am successful with my application, if poss could you give me some info on the process of letting, are you using an agency to let the property and are their fee's high? i hear you have to have a landlords inspecton and every gas appliance checked. I imaging when you contact an agent they inform you on all you have to do and have inspected. Believe it or not letting my home is stressing me out more than the migration process. I wish you all you hope for and more..... best of luck. Ann :jiggy:

Oh I do empathise!!! My shippers come at 9am on Monday and I am in chaos! I've resorted to putting everything I'm taking with me on the plane in the bathroom so that it doesn't get inadvertently packed. I'm not actually flying until Sept 4th so I'm having to keep a few things here like a kettle and a bed etc which I will just give away once I go...the charity shops and the local tip are overflowing...

I am lucky in that I'm renting so that's one less worry but your mention of paperwork concerns me-what paperwork? Should I've done something that I haven't?I've got insurance and the tax form 85......

Good luck for next week anyway...I wish I was going then too but Sept 4th will come around soon enough I guess. Who are you flying with?

Best wishes

Fiz

I am lucky in that I'm renting so that's one less worry but your mention of paperwork concerns me-what paperwork? Should I've done something that I haven't?

Best wishes

Fiz

We were quite surprised how much paperwork we had to supply to obtain a rental. Copies of passports, visas, driving licences, banking details, references etc.

Basically you have to be able to prove who you are and that you are a suitable/trustworhy person to rent. It was also surprising that we were actually competing with other people to acquire the rental.

Best of luck

Charlie

An update on the journey to retirement and spending time with our only daughter in the Central Coast NSW,

We were granted our CPV143 visa’s on the 20th May 2011 but with the house not sold we were reluctant to go, but the thoughts of another winter in the UK focussed the mind, so a change of agent a drop of 35K and a total of 11 months on the market, the property has sold with completion on the 11th August.

We have had quotes from four movers, PSS, Britannia, Pickford’s and Bishop’s Move, we chose Bishop’s move, not the cheapest but they came across well and offered 4 weeks free storage in Sydney should we need it. I think we might as we will need to go some to find the property we want and buy prior to the container arriving in 8 to ten weeks.

The movers arrive on Tuesday next week for three days of wrapping and packing with the 40’ container being loaded on the drive on the third day hopefully finishing around 4pm, then a night in a local hotel and the journey up to Heathrow on Friday the 12th. Total cost of the container with delivery in Australia to the Central Coast is £6,880 excluding insurance. Be careful as they charge 3% fee for credit card transactions, cheques and debit cards are free.

One car has gone and the wife’s car goes on departure day, as a courtesy I called the insurance company to inform that we would be leaving the country on the 12th and with the policy expiring in November I thought that I should tell them, they then asked for a cancellation fee to cancel the policy, we agreed to disagree with the final words being ” I have not called you and I am not cancelling my policy” !!!

The next task was the air tickets, one way tickets!! So online and using the web found WWW.skyclub.com and talking to Mary Brown who is very helpful we are booked on the Emirates 20.40 fight out on the 12th. We have never flown with emirates before, it has always been Singapore Airlines or BA/Qantas, in fact we both hold KrisFlyer silver cards on SIA but with the unbelievable price from Skyclub we are on our first Emirates flight, I am keen to see the difference as we are on the A380 all the way and we have done three trip on the SIA A380, should be interesting.

So the next adventure begins, retirement and quality time with daughter,

For all those still waiting, it does move very quickly in the last month!!! Good luck and if you can enjoy the journey and yes we were also up talking about it at 3am in the morning!!!

Keith & Margaret

:jiggy::jiggy::biggrin:

Great update, thank you Keith and Margaret!

The drop in your house price must have hurt, but the end justifies the means!! You are on your way, enjoy!

Whereabouts are you heading on the CC?

We will be there November and December, but sadly we will have to return to UK in January. (Haven't been able to convince other half yet)

Have a brilliant new life, I'm sure your daughter is excited. Mine is and we are only going for a holiday.

Cheers pam