Guest guest36187

Since arriving over here, we have been trying many different types of gravy granules trying to get the same flavour as Bisto. I think that Gravox Supreme Gravy mix....is like the original Bisto powder. We have also used Green's Gravy Granules....that was fine. The one we really don't rate are Massel Gravy Mix or "beef style" stock powder - that are actually suitable for VEGETARIANS!! Yuk.

Julie

I'm with you Julie, Gravox Supreme does it for us and I will perhaps whisper this - I prefer it to Bisto. I also rather like the Campbells stock paste.

Cath

I'm with you Julie, Gravox Supreme does it for us and I will perhaps whisper this - I prefer it to Bisto. I also rather like the Campbells stock paste.

Cath

I agree with you on that one too Cath. We have a box of 8 sachets of Campbells' Stock and decided that was another successful buy.

Well i did discover that i can make fab gravy ..the old way...bit of flour in my pan first...oxo or stock...but for ease and to add a bit of instant thickenning ...its gravy granuals if i have them....on a similar note ...sams warehouse ..fake pringles taste very very close to the real thing and alot cheaper than the real thing in coles etc...

Guest Cakey

Just wanted to say that after a really hectic couple of weeks of shippers coming for furniture, and completing on our house we are now sitting in our hotel at Manchester airport ready for our flight on Singapore Airlines tomorrow morning. It's been a long and sometimes heart searching journey to get here, but I know it will be worthwhile when we see our family waiting for us at Brisbane Airport Monday night.

Cheers Cakey

Just wanted to say that after a really hectic couple of weeks of shippers coming for furniture, and completing on our house we are now sitting in our hotel at Manchester airport ready for our flight on Singapore Airlines tomorrow morning. It's been a long and sometimes heart searching journey to get here, but I know it will be worthwhile when we see our family waiting for us at Brisbane Airport Monday night.

Cheers Cakey

Best of luck will be joining you in Brisbane in just 10 weeks time all things being equal have a safe flight.

Cheers. Mike.

Cheers Cakey

You lucky people. Looks like our sale is about to fall through as we'll have to start all over again!

Accepted an offer a month ago and had all the searchs done, papers drawn up and signed but the buyers haven't had a survey done yet! They say they're waiting for their buyers to do theirs first.

Cheers Cakey

Lucky you Cakey. :yes:

P.S. You need the family to pick you up as the public transport shuts down at 7.50pm and the flight from Singapore touches down at 7.30pm. :shocked:

Early to bed and early to rise these train drivers. :rolleyes:

Cheers Cakey

Congratulations ...have a good flight...i need step by step details re singapore airlines...we fly with them in three weeks time...need to know if hand luggage is weighed...thinking about you on your grand adventure....

Congratulations ...have a good flight...i need step by step details re singapore airlines...we fly with them in three weeks time...need to know if hand luggage is weighed...thinking about you on your grand adventure....

Yes they weigh hand luggage and people, very strict, :policeman:

:twitcy:

You lucky people. Looks like our sale is about to fall through as we'll have to start all over again!

Accepted an offer a month ago and had all the searchs done, papers drawn up and signed but the buyers haven't had a survey done yet! They say they're waiting for their buyers to do theirs first.

So sorry to hear this, Jane & Clive.

It must be heart-breaking after all the long wait for a CO.

Hope your luck changes soon.

John & Eirian

How frustrating for you. Fingers crossed it will all work out fine for you.

This is such hard luck. We really commiserate with you. Let's hope their buyers get a move on and you suddenly find them champing at the bit.

Scary times....my heart goes out to you...we have sold...but as to where we are with the sale i have no idea...as we dont live in the property...its still being let...we dont know if a survey has been done...were just expecting things are ticking along...perhaps we should give our agent a call tomorrow...we do know our tenants move out on the 1 st....and we were hoping to settle everything on the 12 th and then fly off on the 15 th...thats all in a perfect world...which we know its not...

At present we are living on a narrowboat...heading for the boat yard..but still hoping to sell it before we get there...we have had no interest shown in the boat....we can leave it with the boat yard for free for 20 weeks...while they sell it...after this time it starts to cost us...

Of course we really need to sell the boat asap..otherwise we will not be in a postion to buy even a shed in oz...

Just when you think life is running smooth.....a volcano erupts ...taking everything youve worked for with it....but hopefully once at the otherside...life will be more settled...our home might belong to us...but it will be a home...or the house we can afford might not be as big ..,in as nice an area...but it will be a home and a home thats full of the sounds of our families...who wants a big house...anyway...more to dust...as long as my grandchildren can come and stay with us...it will be a home...a warm...loving ...fantastic...home...and we do all love beans on toast ..so we are sorted...

G'Day – one small correction: the 12 months runs from the earlier of their medicals or their police checks.

In our case, it runs from 16 May, even though we didn't have our meds until 22 June and visas granted 18 July.

Mike

Sorry am confused. Our second VAC letter arrived and said initial entry must be by 7th June 2012 but our meds were done on 25th May.

Guest Cakey

We are sitting in Singapore Airport waiting for our flight to Brisbane, after a l............ong flight from Manchester. We had a refuelling stop at Munich that nobody had told us about. You get double baggage allowance with Singapore Airlines but get them to e mail you to confirm this and tell them as soon as you check in. I knew we were overweight evn with the double allowance and tried to get rid of some of the weight by throwing away all the packaging from things and bought a big bag which I crammed with things and even left the shoes I was travelling in at the hotel and put on a pair of sandals, but was still worried sick about what they may charge excess baggage. At check in they just asked how many caseds were being checked in weighed them and didn't even weigh the carry ons! Perhaps we were extremely lucky. Not looking forward to the next seven hour flight but almost there now so the long journey is nearly over. I am so sorry for jtct that was my worst fear that my house sale would fall through. We have been extremely lucky

and I know what everyone is going through to get to the stage that I am now at.

Cheers Cakey

We are sitting in Singapore Airport waiting for our flight to Brisbane, after a l............ong flight from Manchester. We had a refuelling stop at Munich that nobody had told us about. You get double baggage allowance with Singapore Airlines but get them to e mail you to confirm this and tell them as soon as you check in. I knew we were overweight evn with the double allowance and tried to get rid of some of the weight by throwing away all the packaging from things and bought a big bag which I crammed with things and even left the shoes I was travelling in at the hotel and put on a pair of sandals, but was still worried sick about what they may charge excess baggage. At check in they just asked how many caseds were being checked in weighed them and didn't even weigh the carry ons! Perhaps we were extremely lucky. Not looking forward to the next seven hour flight but almost there now so the long journey is nearly over. I am so sorry for jtct that was my worst fear that my house sale would fall through. We have been extremely lucky

Cheers Cakey

ENJOY when you get there....it is a wonderful feeling after all the battles and worries that we have all experienced.

I'm really sorry to hear that you may have lost your buyers Jane & Clive, hopefully it may just be a blip & all will be well

my thoughts are with you & my fingers are crossed

Katie xx

Cheers Cakey

Enjoy Brisbane & good luck with the rest of your lives. I managed to get 56 kgs (40 kgs & 7kgs for hand luggage) through at the airport, the guy booking me in didn't bat an eyelid really although I was in panic mode

Katie x

Katie x

Enjoy Brisbane & good luck with the rest of your lives. I managed to get 56 kgs (40 kgs & 7kgs for hand luggage) through at the airport, the guy booking me in didn't bat an eyelid really although I was in panic mode

Katie x

Katie x

is your math correct 40 plus 7 equals ??.

cheers

We had a refuelling stop at Munich that nobody had told us about.

Hi Cakey, You`ll be there by the time you read this and I`m really glad everything is now all in place for your new life.

Singapore Airlines have been stopping at Munich en route from Manchester for ages now - its to pick up more passengers because Singapore and Lufthansa are codeshare partners. Slap on the wrist for your travel agent for not pointing this out to you. To avoid Munich last time we went, we thought we would give Heathrow and the new A380 a try but that airport is the PITS as far as I`m concerned and will avoid it now at all costs. At least you wont have all the worry of all that flying again.

I`m sure your new adventure will be wonderful for all of you. Enjoy!

Val x

is your math correct 40 plus 7 equals ??.

cheers

Hi there,

that's what you were allowed 40 + 7 & I managed to take approx 56kgs. My brain has turned to mush since I've not been working - I need to get a job !!!

Katie x:arghh:

Hi there,

that's what you were allowed 40 + 7 & I managed to take approx 56kgs. My brain has turned to mush since I've not been working - I need to get a job !!!

Katie x:arghh:

You were lucky, when our son and his wife went out they had about 10 kgs between them over weight and Singapore would not let them take the extra without paying, it cost them approx £200 to send 1 of their suitcases from Heathrow which they thought was bad enough but then they had to pay approx $170 to pick up from Brisbane airport. :shocked:

As they had decided to say their good-buys at our home and not at the airport they were on their own with very little choice, the total cost exceeded the value of the goods sent. :cry:

Be careful out there. :wubclub:

Might be OK but our buyers had to put their house back on the market but found another buyer immediately. Now 4 in the chain but they are getting the survey done on our property this week and seem keen to move. May take a couple of weeks more than hoped but looking better than it did a week ago. Still in with a chance of completing by the end of September!