Guest guest36187

Hi

Uk (Oz) forex trade via offices in Sydney, London and New York??. They trade from first office open on Monday to last office to close on a Friday. You will get transferred to the office that is open when you call. I rang to change to my daughters account at 11.00 at night and spoke with a nice guy in Melbourne. Good service.

regards

Why do you phone them Pete, have you not tried the direct online booking?

Do they give you a better rate?

Why do you phone them Pete, have you not tried the direct online booking?

Do they give you a better rate?

Hi Les

Phoned them because I had done deal on line, phoned my Oz bank to find out how to arrange daughter to pick up bank cheque for PVC, they said difficult, better transfer money to daughters account but be difficult/long time due to amount per day limit, So other option to change beneficiary of currency transaction to my daughter's account, hence call to Ozforex and they did it while I was on the phone, and sent new confirmation. Truly brilliant,:jiggy: much easier than dealing with the UK banks. And all done at 11.30 at night, well, it was in UK:biggrin:.

Just a few more days to getting that all important stamp, just wish we could have afforded the full 143 from the start.

Hi Moira

You can open an Oz bank account at any time. Apply online or pick one and email contact centre, they will all help you do it. You can then transfer money into it at any time (more on that later), but you cannot remove money until you have been to Oz to verify the account. When you do, get the bank to set up an investment account which will pay interest so you will transfer money to your savings account and then to the investment account so you get interest till you move it back to savings to withdraw via your bank card etc. That how mine works at NAB, other banks may vary slightly.

When I transfer money, I do a deal with Ozforex, (thats who I use), transfer the money to their bank account in london, and they put the money into the account I specify in Australia. As the meerkat says "simple". I say nearly.

regards

Last week I went on line and opened a NAB ordinary account (Classic) and also a internet account (iSaver). The iSaver account pays 4.75% interest but if opened before the 11th August you receive 5.75% for 4 months. With NAB you can not transfer money between accounts, don't know about other banks, until you you have been to Oz to verify your account so you transfer any money across straight into the iSaver. You must verify your account within 1 year of opening it. If you require any help you can always ring the London office who are very helpful.

David

Hi out there

I have been following the posts about money with interest. Do some people get their money over to Oz via UKForex and then pay the visa from an Oz account. I am thinking that allows you get it over when the exchange rate is good! ha ha Although I remember that Aus Immi has a set rate for the year so it would go at that rate and my bank charged me 25gpb for putting some money in d-i-l's account. This is all new to me so I am thinking out loud here. If the money is in an Oz account do you just send a cheque for the big amount at the end? My money is in ISAs getting 2.something at the moment. I am going over to Oz for christmas and will open a bank account when over there. Would be glad of any suggestions about different banks

thanks for a great site.

I miss Sirmat

Moira

Like the other replies, i also sent the money for my visa etc via ukforex to my cba account in Sydney. I opened it a couple of years when out on avisit and it couldn't have been easier. When i actually paid for the visa i had to phone cba to raise the limit allowable for a payment but again, straightforward. The interest rate paid is very generous too and they allow you to open new accounts whenever they have a new product on offer- I'm currently getting 6% gross on the the money I've transferred ready for my move - makes up a little for the dreadful exchange rate!

Last week I went on line and opened a NAB ordinary account (Classic) and also a internet account (iSaver). The iSaver account pays 4.75% interest but if opened before the 11th August you receive 5.75% for 4 months. With NAB you can not transfer money between accounts, don't know about other banks, until you you have been to Oz to verify your account so you transfer any money across straight into the iSaver. You must verify your account within 1 year of opening it. If you require any help you can always ring the London office who are very helpful.

David

Hi David

When I opened mine only did the basic account and my banker/account manager? opened the other when we got to Oz to verify. Your info would have helped but it was only a short time before we holidayed and verified. However like a dumbo took me nearly 12 months to realise I could put money into the "investment" account and gain some interest. Overall there was not much money in either account so only lost about 30 $ in interest. He ho

Brilliant info for anyone else. Thanks

Like the other replies, i also sent the money for my visa etc via ukforex to my cba account in Sydney. I opened it a couple of years when out on avisit and it couldn't have been easier. When i actually paid for the visa i had to phone cba to raise the limit allowable for a payment but again, straightforward. The interest rate paid is very generous too and they allow you to open new accounts whenever they have a new product on offer- I'm currently getting 6% gross on the the money I've transferred ready for my move - makes up a little for the dreadful exchange rate!

That sounds like a very good rate compared to here

Thanks Moira

Morning all, the AUD $ has continued to drift against the £ after it's weekend rest and is moving through $1.577 in an upward tread (at the moment).

In practical terms you now now buy $25,000 for less than £16,000 (it touched £17,000 a few weeks ago).

Can't give any advice but in February when we paid our second vac we had to top up our Oz funds at this rate which happened to be the lowest rate of exchange in almost 3 years that we used.

It has gone from bad to worse and is now back to bad but getting better.

I have always felt the best option is to go for the best average you can hope to get, so now maybe a time to dip a toe in the troubled waters, unless you feel lucky and wait for a few dollars more, well do you feel lucky? :wink:

Morning all, the AUD $ has continued to drift against the £ after it's weekend rest and is moving through $1.577 in an upward tread (at the moment).

In practical terms you now now buy $25,000 for less than £16,000 (it touched £17,000 a few weeks ago).

Can't give any advice but in February when we paid our second vac we had to top up our Oz funds at this rate which happened to be the lowest rate of exchange in almost 3 years that we used.

It has gone from bad to worse and is now back to bad but getting better.

I have always felt the best option is to go for the best average you can hope to get, so now maybe a time to dip a toe in the troubled waters, unless you feel lucky and wait for a few dollars more, well do you feel lucky? :wink:

We changed some on Friday at £1.54, using UKforex for the first time, very efficiient, we have a buy in at £1.64, you can always hope!!!!

Today is the first day of three with Bishopsmove, and it is going remarkabley well, going much faster than I expected, will try and give a progress report as we go!!

Re visa payment: We transferred money (via UK Forex) to our sons bank acct. He then paid our visa bill with his credit cards. A double whammy...he has a mortgage tracker acct so our lump sum in his acct offset his mortgage and by paying with his cc he earned enough to "pay for" a plane ticket back to the UK for his daughter. You can use a multiple amount of cc's to pay the bill ( he used 4 ) I don't know if that helps anyone.

Re visa payment: We transferred money (via UK Forex) to our sons bank acct. He then paid our visa bill with his credit cards. A double whammy...he has a mortgage tracker acct so our lump sum in his acct offset his mortgage and by paying with his cc he earned enough to "pay for" a plane ticket back to the UK for his daughter. You can use a multiple amount of cc's to pay the bill ( he used 4 ) I don't know if that helps anyone.

We did the same building up funds in our son's off-set mortgage account, I don't remember him ever thanking us. :twitcy:

Just bought some more $s that will end up in his off-set account as $1.584 is a whole lot better than last week, plus internet talk of the UK getting a credit rating down grade like the USA may not keep this trend going (which probably means it will be $1.60 tomorrow).

P.S. sounds like a very generous C.C. who issues it?

Just bought some more $s that will end up in his off-set account as $1.584 is a whole lot better than last week, plus internet talk of the UK getting a credit rating down grade like the USA may not keep this trend going (which probably means it will be $1.60 tomorrow).

Well I missed the $1.60 in the wee small hours but it's $1.599 at the moment for those who are feeling lucky.

:wubclub:

Moving all the time (of course). Now just nudging 1.61

Some months ago, on someone`s (Steve?) recommendation, i started following Daily Fx. Its totally addictive, especially at the moment.

Sadly, I have no more money to change at the moment.....!

Was at ....1.62 ...at just after 7 am

today ....

Hi chudleighval,

I always refer to the rate to buy at, not the mid price, and I normally quote for modest amounts of $25,000, of course if you are moving house buying money you will get a better rate.

If you was offered AUD $s at $1.62 today I hope you bought some. :wubclub:

We have nothing left to change.......

Yesterday the sale of our house fell through...

Today our shipping is just getting loaded from Lock and Store...and off

We are sleeping on an airbed...got one table and three chairs...

My family are all arriving in dribs and drabs and staying in the area...final meal on Sunday for around 20 ....

Now we dont know what to do regarding house...do we let again....i have spent two days getting blackened curry off the hob...and cannot remove using neat domestos..the yellow staining on the loo floor...or do we try to sell again...

Today my stomach is churning..,my heart is breaking...and im an emotional wreck...

We fly out Monday....

We have nothing left to change.......

Yesterday the sale of our house fell through...

Today our shipping is just getting loaded from Lock and Store...and off

We are sleeping on an airbed...got one table and three chairs...

My family are all arriving in dribs and drabs and staying in the area...final meal on Sunday for around 20 ....

Now we dont know what to do regarding house...do we let again....i have spent two days getting blackened curry off the hob...and cannot remove using neat domestos..the yellow staining on the loo floor...or do we try to sell again...

Today my stomach is churning..,my heart is breaking...and im an emotional wreck...

We fly out Monday....

Know how you feel, 3rd day for us the that the exchange on our house has not gone through. :wubclub: