Guest guest36187

At the risk of sounding really stupid:err:the amount per person if there are two people applying is $37,000 (or near enough) that is not the price for a couple is it???

We just paid $68660 for a couple at last years rate.

We have nothing left to change.......

Yesterday the sale of our house fell through...

Today our shipping is just getting loaded from Lock and Store...and off

We are sleeping on an airbed...got one table and three chairs...

My family are all arriving in dribs and drabs and staying in the area...final meal on Sunday for around 20 ....

Now we dont know what to do regarding house...do we let again....i have spent two days getting blackened curry off the hob...and cannot remove using neat domestos..the yellow staining on the loo floor...or do we try to sell again...

Today my stomach is churning..,my heart is breaking...and im an emotional wreck...

We fly out Monday....

I can understand what you must be going through having been through the trauma of house sales in the past more times that I care to remember.

Hi chudleighval,

I always refer to the rate to buy at, not the mid price, and I normally quote for modest amounts of $25,000, of course if you are moving house buying money you will get a better rate.

If you was offered AUD $s at $1.62 today I hope you bought some. :wubclub:

What a volatile currency the Aussie is. Now back at around 1.55 after the relative calm on world stockmarkets.

We have nothing left to change.......

Yesterday the sale of our house fell through...

Today our shipping is just getting loaded from Lock and Store...and off

We are sleeping on an airbed...got one table and three chairs...

My family are all arriving in dribs and drabs and staying in the area...final meal on Sunday for around 20 ....

Now we dont know what to do regarding house...do we let again....i have spent two days getting blackened curry off the hob...and cannot remove using neat domestos..the yellow staining on the loo floor...or do we try to sell again...

Today my stomach is churning..,my heart is breaking...and im an emotional wreck...

We fly out Monday....

So sorry for you, and les who seems to be in the same boat. Hope it works out for you and that this week soon becomes just a blip on the journey....

Fiz

I have mentioned in an earlier post about my surprise at the variation of the volume estimations from various shipping companies.

In my case, i had one of 500 and 3 of 700. I went with the company who provided the lowest volume estimate though did worry that it might have been a sales pitch and that i would get a nasty shock when it actually got to the warehouse measuring stage

Today i got the email telling me that all my worldly goods sail on Friday-just 10 days after collection- and that the volume was 460. The packers were very attentive to the volume issue, using up spare spaces in boxes etc so a slight decrease in volume was not a surprise.

I do wonder however how the other companies would have explained a difference of 460 against 700. Is it cynical of me to think that i would have ended up paying for a bigger volume than i had?!

Happy to provide names-good and bad- by pm

I have mentioned in an earlier post about my surprise at the variation of the volume estimations from various shipping companies.

In my case, i had one of 500 and 3 of 700. I went with the company who provided the lowest volume estimate though did worry that it might have been a sales pitch and that i would get a nasty shock when it actually got to the warehouse measuring stage

Today i got the email telling me that all my worldly goods sail on Friday-just 10 days after collection- and that the volume was 460. The packers were very attentive to the volume issue, using up spare spaces in boxes etc so a slight decrease in volume was not a surprise.

I do wonder however how the other companies would have explained a difference of 460 against 700. Is it cynical of me to think that i would have ended up paying for a bigger volume than i had?!

Would love to hear the good names and the bad please, hoping to be packing myself next year. Good luck with the move Ann

G'Day

We had a reverse experience a few years ago, when we bought our Sydney pad (after downsizing in London), and wanted to send some stuff – nowhere near a homeful – over, including quite a number of books (probably 2/300+, some for daughter). (We're both book adicts, having worked in publishing.)

I had carefully packed them in RKive boxes – pretty strong ones – but despite my protests the packers insisted on repacking them in their own (flimsier) boxes, and not filling these completely. As a result, I guess, they made up the volume to the estimated amount (admittedly there was no surcharge), but the books were able to move around in the boxes.

Now, you can't 'break' books, but they were certainly bashed around, and the boxes damaged. Needless to say, we won't use those shippers when we send all the rest of our stuff, next year.

So do, please, PM me the name of your 'good guys', Fiz.

All the best, Mike

Guest BeeJay
Vron

If you don't go for the CPV and end up on the normal parent visa your life will go on hold for a good few years waiting for that one to come through.

I know it's a lot of money for the CPV but we did it and moved here 19 months ago and we are 60 and 59.

I know we certainly would not put our lives on hold for the normal parent visa.

Good Luck with whatever you choose and Good Luck to everyone else on here

Caz

Hello, could we ask a bt of advise: We are considering selling the house first to pay for the CPV - what would you advise.

Hi Everyone

Well after all the trauma, doubts, fears, we got the e mail we all are striving for.

Your Visa is granted.:jiggy:

We got our visa,:jiggy:

We got our visa,:v_SPIN:

We got our visa,:notworthy:

We got our visa,:smile:

Oh the joy of having the chance to go and hope it all works. Now the bump back to earth, just the house to sell. Any one want to buy a house in Rotherham, VERY close to a shopping mall????

Best wishes to all still waiting

Hi Fiz. We will be looking at quotes next year so I would really appreciate the information please by PM. Many thanks. Angie

Hi Everyone

Well after all the trauma, doubts, fears, we got the e mail we all are striving for.

Oh the joy of having the chance to go and hope it all works. Now the bump back to earth, just the house to sell. Any one want to buy a house in Rotherham, VERY close to a shopping mall????

Great News - we completely understand your joy as we too had medical worries but it all came good in the end. I still look at the Tracker (Visas Granted) as I still cannot quite believe it. Sue

Wanda and I are please to announce that we will be homeless from the 1st September and will be forced to roam the streets until a suitable flight can be arranged.

I thought we would fly right through to Brisbane but it appears Wanda wants to stop off at a place called Bali (without the sugar) so I just hope there are no connections left. :jiggy:

So much to do and so little time. :twitcy:

Les

Wanda and I are please to announce that we will be homeless from the 1st September and will be forced to roam the streets until a suitable flight can be arranged.

I thought we would fly right through to Brisbane but it appears Wanda wants to stop off at a place called Bali (without the sugar) so I just hope there are no connections left. :jiggy:

So much to do and so little time. :twitcy:

Les

Glad its worked out for you with house etc. Tell Wanda i hope she gets her stop off in Bali-its beautiful!

Great news les ....its all happening for so many all of a sudden...we only have 4 more sleeps ...

Sleeps, now that is a luxury.

Thanks for your thoughts at a stressful time for all.

Have to say we are glad we did this while in the UK, the questions asked now about property are maddening to answer even while we are here let alone if had left the house and tried to do it from Oz.

We supply planing permission for building work, they want building regs, we say they were not needed when the work done, they offer insurance, they say the land 'may' be contaminated can we prove otherwise? They offer insurance. We prove it's not so :Randy-git: them.

....and why do solicitors email at 4.50pm and are then 'out of the office' when you reply? :arghh:

Good news Les.

We are no where near selling our house yet and would love to be moved before Christmas but looking unlikely at the moment.

Have faith, we thought the same and booked to go out in the May half-term to validate, the person who 'popped round' to view in 10 minutes the night before we flew out to Oz turned out to be the person who bought it.

:idea: Return in May is as cheap as one way in September. :yes:

The bit that gets you down are the questions and the time in between replies plus in our case 7 different exchange dates coming and going and 3 different completion dates before a new final one.

And how do solicitors manage to write an email that reads like something will happen and then ignore that when it does not?

Best of luck with the sale. :wubclub:

Hi Fiz. We will be looking at quotes next year so I would really appreciate the information please by PM. Many thanks. Angie

I would also appreciate names of best companies...thank you !

Great news Pete and Marge, many congratulations!

And you too Les, that's a significant obstacle removed. The streets which you may have to roam might be a bit quieter in September when the wild animals go back to school to continue their impressive education.

Best wishes all

Steve

Hello, could we ask a bt of advise: We are considering selling the house first to pay for the CPV - what would you advise.

We put our house on the market before getting the visa and were pleased we did. We moved into rental accommodation, the original idea was that any money on deposit would pay the rental, but because of interest rates disappearing this in fact did not happen. The money was then there to pay the visa and pay the shipping company. However it was a relief to have it sold, one less thing to worry about once we got the visa. We had decided if for any reason a visa was refused we would downsize into a small apartment so we could come to Australia and lock up and leave.

If I had to make the choice again I would do the same. The cost of houses over here is still less than that in the UK as long as you do not choose to live in Terrigal or on the Northern Beaches etc.

Hi Everyone

Congratulation hope everything works out for you.

Wilma