Guest guest36187

9 hours ago, mongapine said:

Hi there,

Quick question on the sponsor requirement, does anyone know if the sponsor need to be considered 'settled' at the time of application or at time of assessment? Can the sponsor be living overseas during assessment? 

Thank you!

This is a time of application requirement.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

On 10/08/2021 at 09:28, Parley said:

I said by December not now.

I do hope so, last saw our day old grandson in November 2019, now there is another on the way. We have rebooked our flights for April 22. Praying we can get out there to see the first and then newest grandchild. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karl D said:

I do hope so, last saw our day old grandson in November 2019, now there is another on the way. We have rebooked our flights for April 22. Praying we can get out there to see the first and then newest grandchild. 

We might get lucky by spring 2022 but I think it will start with Australian citizens/PR’s  being allowed holidays first and tourists will come later.  I hope not but at least that means your family (and mine) can come and visit us.   I don’t suppose it matters too much were we all meet up as the most important thing is us all getting together.  I’m dying to get out there too but we’ve all said whatever is the first way we can get together we will make happen and I think that will mean them flying back to the U.K. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bre said:

And how much was the flight cost? if you dont mind me asking...

Huh! More than our first mortgage!  We were originally booked with Qatar (business class) then they cancelled the flight when they were added to the UK's red list.  We managed to re-book with Singapore for just over a week later but it cost twice as much as the original flight which had been nearly £5k for both of us.  We had no choice but to pay it because we had sold our house and our belongings had already been shipped.  We had been visiting Australia for the last 10 years and normally paid between £600 and £700 each for economy return!  Those days are sadly long gone at the moment.  Good luck to you with your arrangements.

• Sad 1

Hi 

Thanks for you help suggesting an international shipper for my stuff.

Seven Seas will only take my stuff to Melbourne or Sydney, they won't bring it to Lavington, I'm on the Vic/NSW border.  So I'm looking for recommendations for getting my stuff from either of the capitals to Lavington.

Has anyone used a reliable removalist to do this please?

Tbh I can't see why Seven Seas can't do it as they pass by my door, taking it from Melbourne to Sydney!!

Thanks in advance for any help 

Cheers

Angela

43 minutes ago, Flangela100 said:

Hi 

Seven Seas will only take my stuff to Melbourne or Sydney, they won't bring it to Lavington, I'm on the Vic/NSW border.  So I'm looking for recommendations for getting my stuff from either of the capitals to Lavington.

Tbh I can't see why Seven Seas can't do it as they pass by my door, taking it from Melbourne to Sydney!!

Cheers

Angela

That's really weird, they delivered ours to Canberra and would have had to have come right past Albury/Lavington on the way up.  I wonder if it is a covid thing though ours arrived during covid last April.  Are you speaking to the English help line? Might be a case of trying them again to see if you get someone who has some knowledge of the geography. They certainly unload at either Melbourne or Sydney - our ship called in at Sydney but our cube was offloaded in Melbourne.

Edited by Quoll
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quoll said:

That's really weird, they delivered ours to Canberra and would have had to have come right past Albury/Lavington on the way up.  I wonder if it is a covid thing though ours arrived during covid last April.  Are you speaking to the English help line? Might be a case of trying them again to see if you get someone who has some knowledge of the geography. They certainly unload at either Melbourne or Sydney - our ship called in at Sydney but our cube was offloaded in Melbourne.

I've asked several times but they just say no.  It does seem quite strange, as they'll be going by the door!   I'll try the UK helpline.  Thanks 👍

4 hours ago, Flangela100 said:

I've asked several times but they just say no.  It does seem quite strange, as they'll be going by the door!   I'll try the UK helpline.  Thanks 👍

remembering the recent issues with removalists crossing borders and triggering covid outbreaks, you may well be out of luck.

16 hours ago, Flangela100 said:

@Flangela100, how do you know they'll be taking anything from Melbourne to Sydney overland?   It's more likely the ship docks in Melbourne, unloads partially there, then continues on to Sydney, or vice versa. 

They have arrangements to deliver to Canberra because it's a major population centre and chances are, they'll have several jobs in the city at one time. That means they can use their time efficiently, dropping off and picking up cubes around the city. If they make stops in the country, they've either got to pay staff to hang around, or pay them to make another trip to get the empty cube - not cost-effective. 

You could try this mob and see if they'll drop off on the way:

https://www.thebluemexican.com.au/

We used them for a move from Sydney to Melbourne and they were outstanding.  However, I'd also check with Movecube to understand what the arrangements would be when the cube arrives in Melbourne.  Will there be somewhere where your removalists can unpack the cube and move the stuff to their truck?  I'm guessing they won't be allowed to do that on the dock, so it might have to be moved to the Seven Seas depot, which means you'll end up with storage charges too. 

I suspect it's going to be cheaper for you to go with another shipper.  You can book a shared container. 

• Thanks 1

On 13/08/2021 at 16:41, Alan Collett said:

A subject of relevance to me at the moment!

All being well I'll be in hotel quarantine in Adelaide 2 weeks from yesterday ... see the details here:

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/covid-19/covid-19/covid-19-re-entry-and-quarantine-measures

Best regards.

How long did you leave for @Alan Collett and how did you get exemption? (I'm trying). Wishing you safe travels. 

On 16/08/2021 at 17:49, Flangela100 said:

Hi 

Cheers

Angela

If you watch the tracker of the ship’s progress you will see it docks in Sydney and Melbourne! Don’t think they use roads 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

If you watch the tracker of the ship’s progress you will see it docks in Sydney and Melbourne! Don’t think they use roads 

Our ship called at Sydney then Melbourne and our cube was off loaded in Melbourne and driven up (by road!) - logic would have said that was silly but I'm no logistics expert.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Quoll said:

Our ship called at Sydney then Melbourne and our cube was off loaded in Melbourne and driven up (by road!) - logic would have said that was silly but I'm no logistics expert.

Well, there was no way it could get from either Sydney OR Melbourne by ship, so it had to go by road!   

I know what you mean though - you'd think that given the choice of Sydney or Melbourne, they'd choose Sydney because it's so much closer.  Who knows, maybe they couldn't reach your shipment in Sydney because there were too many other containers in the way, or something.

Edited by Marisawright

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2021 at 23:54, LBee said:

Does anyone have a current email address for home affairs re Visas - thanks in advance

The email is parents@homeaffairs.gov.au. However, I haven't been able to receive the auto generated email for a while now.

On 08/09/2021 at 16:06, Dandan said:

Hi. I sent in application for 143 slightly more than 3 weeks ago but have not received any acknowledgment. How long does it normally take and is it sent via email? Thank you for your time. 

They sent an acknowledgement within a week for my parents by email. Could take longer at this time. Don't worry