Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, thomas1965 said:

Yeah - those 7 children would be a drag on any AoS application. Maybe sell a couple of the children ;)

The 7 children don’t add a massive amount in the great scheme of things it’s the fact that their mum isn’t working but still gets included in the calculation.  We might need to go to in-laws or friends or friends of friends/in-laws/family!!

3 hours ago, kimboslice said:

Has anyone’s been affected by the new aos ruling, looks like we are going to have to get a third assurer ?

Lets hope that the ruling gets overturned for those of us already in the queue. 

2 hours ago, thomas1965 said:

Just a reminder to consider all the permutations ... A 3rd asurer might not help, because their children/partners are also considered in the calculation. It might be enough to remove the lowest income person from the AoS, leaving the 2 highest income earners on the AoS.

Our third assurer is single, and definitely need a third as our son and daughter in law don’t meet the required amount just coming up short 

In my situation, it is hard to find an assurer as i have no family relative here! My friends are all young with family. Also, it will be a challenge as assurers have to take responsibility and liable for assurees’ debts to government. 

It is funny that eventhough my partner is working full-time, i still have to prove my income enough to cover his costs as he is not pr here. 

Does anyone know when they will have a result on whether they disallow this rule?

1 hour ago, Suzy123 said:

In my situation, it is hard to find an assurer as i have no family relative here! My friends are all young with family. Also, it will be a challenge as assurers have to take responsibility and liable for assurees’ debts to government. 

It is funny that eventhough my partner is working full-time, i still have to prove my income enough to cover his costs as he is not pr here. 

Does anyone know when they will have a result on whether they disallow this rule?

Edited by Alan Collett

16 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

The 7 children don’t add a massive amount in the great scheme of things

7 children would 70% of the adult income requirement. ~20k ... compared to 28k for an adult. They're weighing down the application almost as much as the non-working daughter.

16 hours ago, kimboslice said:

Our third assurer is single, and definitely need a third as our son and daughter in law don’t meet the required amount just coming up short 

16 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

it’s the fact that their mum isn’t working but still gets included in the calculation

Exactly - Using your daughter and son-in-law as assures (assuming 2 assurees), they would need to show an income of ~138k/year. Adding a 3rd assurer (who has a partner) would increase this to 188k.

If you got rid of your daughter and son-in-law and found a single assurer, the income requirement drops to 84k. Time to start trawling the personal ads for a widower who wants to be an assurer!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ray and Geri said:

Tell us your secret Thomas..... with an application date a month after ours you seem to be flying through the red tape.

No secret ... just waiting like everyone else. I only have 1 person on the application, if that's any consolation.

I'm stuck at waiting for my AoS approval, after lodging the bond ... which really sucks, because the feels like the AoS is going to turn into an 11 year bond, instead of a 10 year bond :(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Thank you for the info Alan.

So this motion is going through next week at the same time as the budget.

It could be an important week for parent visas.

Any thoughts on this budget?

Do you think we will see a price hike or changes to the cap?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, thomas1965 said:

Time to start trawling the personal ads for a widower who wants to be an assurer!

Humor aside ... it seems like there should be an optimal way to allocate assurers to assurees in this forum and mitigate the risk faced by becoming the assurer for a unknown person.

For example, Family A (2 adults, 2 children sponsoring 2 grand parents) who don't have enough income swap with Family B (single brother, single sister assuring 2 parents) and become assurers for each others parents. Maybe family A pays something to family B for the favor ... just thinking aloud ... not sure of all the details yet.

On 25/04/2018 at 10:57, nyorksgrannie said:

Congrats Gafuk - your patience has certainly been put to the test,  wonderful news! Enjoy!

Had "PSS " removals come today and packed our stuff into a van to be shipped as we arrive in Australia 8th June. 

They were brilliant and the two men put us at complete ease as they packed everything into boxes. The sofa suite and other large items fully wrapped too.  Pulled us on a couple of no no's  which we would not have known about and especially checked our shoes  and the bike to ensure they should be ok at customs.  Anyone undecided I would definitely recommend PSS .  There are  cheaper options I'm sure but we are pleased with the all round deal ( so far ).

• Like 5

Had "PSS " removals come today and packed our stuff into a van to be shipped as we arrive in Australia 8th June. 

They were brilliant and the two men put us at complete ease as they packed everything into boxes. The sofa suite and other large items fully wrapped too.  Pulled us on a couple of no no's  which we would not have known about and especially checked our shoes  and the bike to ensure they should be ok at customs.  Anyone undecided I would definitely recommend PSS .  There are  cheaper options I'm sure but we are pleased with the all round deal ( so far ).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Thank you for the info Alan.

So this motion is going through next week at the same time as the budget.

It could be an important week for parent visas.

Any thoughts on this budget?

Do you think we will see a price hike or changes to the cap?

It would never surprise me to see a hike in Visa Application Charges for Contributory Parent applications - particularly if the ALP gets on board with the Disallowance Motion.

The number of family visa applications lodged - partners and parents - and subject to lengthening waiting times is an increasing problem for the Government.

If the Government is frustrated in its efforts with the AoS income requirement it can seek to curtail demand by raising VACs.

Watch this space!

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

It would never surprise me to see a hike in Visa Application Charges for Contributory Parent applications - particularly if the ALP gets on board with the Disallowance Motion.

The number of family visa applications lodged - partners and parents - and subject to lengthening waiting times is an increasing problem for the Government.

If the Government is frustrated in its efforts with the AoS income requirement it can seek to curtail demand by raising VACs.

Watch this space!

Best regards.

Retrospective again?!!!!

Hi all,

I've just found this forum after Centerlink introduced the new income requirement. Lots of useful information here. Thanks a lot.

For AoS interview, could you share what sort of questions are asked?

Thanks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ramot said:

Retrospective again?!!!!

Surely any increases should be done on a smaller yearly basis in line with inflation say.... Then all future applicants know where they stand when they apply for their visa ( like we thought we did )....whacking on a big increase every few years is bound to cause uproar. But I suppose if say every May the increases were applied the immigration service would be inundated with applications in March and April to avoid the increase.

Edited by Ray and Geri

2 hours ago, Peter2 said:

For AoS interview, could you share what sort of questions are asked?

Basically just asking whether you understand your responsibilities as an assurer, ie repay any money that the assuree claims from centerlink.

They might also ask about information to clarify your income, ie the proof you've attached, etc.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

Surely any increases should be done on a smaller yearly basis in line with inflation say

Lol - inflation has nothing to do with the cost of the visa. The pricing is set at what the market will bear, so that they meet their immigration and revenue target. The blowout of 143 visa processing times indicates that the pricing is probably too low. I can easily see the government increasing the cost of the visa by 20-30% to achieve their targets.

22 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

whacking on a big increase every few years is bound to cause uproar.

Only among the people that can no longer afford the visa.

22 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

But I suppose if say every May the increases were applied the immigration service would be inundated with applications in March and April to avoid the increase.

I think this already happens - new immigration policies come into effect in July (?) and there's always a rush of applications to meet the old fee schedule or old processing rules.