SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

hi all

i have been told a mid october grant and nothing else given away (despite my begging) - do people normally get their visas on time and when do they give the hints?? I really want to book my flight :-)

Hey Vixenpops, I applied 25th May so due end of October. I emailed my CO who is LG and said can I book flights for 10th November, replied saying yes I can apply for dates after this date and they will make sure my visa is granted in time, but to let her know the details. I have now booked flights for the 12th November, which I confirmed with LG and was told this is fine and visa will be granted!! wooooo just to get everything else ready now! Thats only 9 weeks away!!

Guest guest72634
I am also flying out in 2 weeks (2-3 months before my visa is due). I bought a one way ticket. Was told by my CO that was fine to do. Lets hope it is.

Arrived in Melbourne today on E-visitor and one way ticket. No problems at all. I was up front with customs saying I was visiting fiancé and was waiting on spouse visa being granted. He was fine and agreed they do take a long time to be granted. So anyone thinking about traveling out early, Go for it!

Arrived in Melbourne today on E-visitor and one way ticket. No problems at all. I was up front with customs saying I was visiting fiancé and was waiting on spouse visa being granted. He was fine and agreed they do take a long time to be granted. So anyone thinking about traveling out early, Go for it!

All the best with your move to Melbourne. I am following you at the end of next month!

Hopefully my visa will be granted by mid November, so i can do a quick dash across the Tasman and then come and start a job (hope i land one quickly!)

Hi guys, I know my post isnt grant-related, but my fiancee has been told to go have his medical, feel good to have contact with the CO and have her reply so quickly saying it was OK to get the medical. I feel like once that's out of the way we can relax and just sit back and wait! Congrats to the people who have had recent grants :wink:

Hi all. I have a quick question, although not directly related to getting our spouse visa, it's connected.

What's the story with centerlink payments, particularly parenting payments, rent assist, and the child tax A and B payments??? From filling out the visa application form I have some recollection of reading that the applicant can't receive any payments for 2yrs, but can the sponsor??? After having read some threads about failed migrations I've begun to freak out a bit that we won't make it, and don't fancy returning to Ireland broke with 5 kids. So I have spent the evening looking through the payments available, and with them there as back-up I know we'll do it, but just wondering has anyone any experience of claiming any payments???

Thanks for all the help :confused:

Hi all. I have a quick question, although not directly related to getting our spouse visa, it's connected.

What's the story with centerlink payments, particularly parenting payments, rent assist, and the child tax A and B payments??? From filling out the visa application form I have some recollection of reading that the applicant can't receive any payments for 2yrs, but can the sponsor??? After having read some threads about failed migrations I've begun to freak out a bit that we won't make it, and don't fancy returning to Ireland broke with 5 kids. So I have spent the evening looking through the payments available, and with them there as back-up I know we'll do it, but just wondering has anyone any experience of claiming any payments???

Thanks for all the help :confused:

Don't quote me on this but I read somewhere the other day (on a govt site) that the 309 visa allowed you to claim for family payments etc as your'e a partner of an Australian and not there specifically for work purposes etc...

How exciting for everyone who has had their granted!! Gives me butterflies!

I love seeing the planning/organising from the people who are in the UK, as I am the fiance in Aus waiting for my man to come back! I'm lucky enough to already live in this beautiful country, but now I can picture how excited my fiance will be when he gets his grant.

I hope you all enjoy your new lives in Oz!

Thanks, I booked my flight a while ago, travelling 4 Oct to Bangkok, 2 weeks in Thailand before going on to Sydney. Coming back in June 2013 via a HK trip on the way back. At least I can start applying for work now :) Leave my job here in London on Friday next week but its been hectic, I'm keeping hold of my flat here and letting it via an agency, trying to get rid of stuff, shipping and trying to finish work, say goodbye to family, have a number of leaving do's also. will also have time to fit in my birthday :) in London.

Sadly, still seems July, August and September applicants, including myself, are caught in the 8-9 months turnaround time...

That means another winter in England... oh joy...

As mine is submitted on 3 September it's not likely to come through until April/May 2013..

Edited by TheGreatDane