SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

My husband just rang to say our son just got granted his citizenship by descent! Woohoo! Just me to get sorted then, and med results and another stat declaration will be going in this week. Fingers crossed!

Can anyone fill be in on the citizenship by descent stuff, husband said son needs to be in Oz within a year or something? That shouldnt be a problem!

I haven't heard anything about a first entry for citizenship by descent. My girls got it around Christmas time and we won't be going to Aus within the 12 months. Surely you either have it or you don't?

ETA: How old is your son? If he's over 18 and has had to have police checks then he may have to enter before they expire. My girls are 5 and under so didn't need the checks.

Edited by mng75

My son is eleven, so its not to do with police checks! I dont have any further info, but my husband definitely said something about him having to enter within a year! I suppose the next step is to apply for his passport, or can we enter Australia on his Irish passport? any advice much appreciated!

He'll have to enter Australia on an Australian passport.

Australian citizens have to enter and leave the country on Australian passports, no matter what other passports they hold.

I've had a google and can't see anything and the docs we got don't say anything about it, I'm sure.

He'll have to enter Australia on an Australian passport.

Australian citizens have to enter and leave the country on Australian passports, no matter what other passports they hold.

I've had a google and can't see anything and the docs we got don't say anything about it, I'm sure.

Ok, sorry I was wrong, he doesn't have to be there within a year, no idea why I thought my husband said that! Next step is apply for his passport, anyone know how much it costs? I did google, honestly!

Its all starting to get a bit more real now!

Next step is apply for his passport, anyone know how much it costs? I did google, honestly!

Its all starting to get a bit more real now!

I did all this for my 5 girls about 2 yrs ago. I got their 5 passports and mine all done together, and don't recall it costing too much, I think I thought it was cheaper, or at least easier than getting them Irish passport.

Check out http://www.ireland.embassy.gov.au/dubl/Passports.html

We are just completing the application form for my wife's spouse visa. Is our son considered to be part of this application even though we are in the process of getting him Australian citizenship by decent and will then get him an Australian passport?

He needs mentioning in the visa app but as he's already Australian by descent (assuming you get that before you apply) then he's already Australian and therefore doesn't need a visa. This is what we did, our visa is due to be granted anyway now....

Guest nimhug

Hi all,

My heart is in my mouth reading all these posts about visas. I have not had a chance to check in since arriving in Melbourne 3 weeks ago. Dave S and Wardie77 - any luck yet????? I REALLY hope your day comes soon!

Settling into life in Melbourne so well. I love it! The big job hunt is on at the moment and there is plenty on offer.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting - it's so worth the wait!

Thanks Nimhug - fantastic that you are settling in.

New certified passport copy is en route to Australia House as of this morning. Will be there tomorrow.

Dave

Hi all,

My heart is in my mouth reading all these posts about visas. I have not had a chance to check in since arriving in Melbourne 3 weeks ago. Dave S and Wardie77 - any luck yet????? I REALLY hope your day comes soon!

Settling into life in Melbourne so well. I love it! The big job hunt is on at the moment and there is plenty on offer.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting - it's so worth the wait!

Hi Laura,

How did you send your stuff over? Who did you use? Just wondering cos I need to start doing that.

By the way, I emailed LG and told her when my flight was booked for and she replied today to say remind her 2 weeks before I fly and she'll grant my visa.

Yippee :jiggy:

Hi Laura,

How did you send your stuff over? Who did you use? Just wondering cos I need to start doing that.

By the way, I emailed LG and told her when my flight was booked for and she replied today to say remind her 2 weeks before I fly and she'll grant my visa.

I just went to the post office and asked for shipping, their cheapest service was with Parcel Force which apparently takes 6 weeks to get there but they gave me a few different options depending on how and when I wanted the parcel to arrive. They charged £88 for a 7kg box of clothes which is about what I expected. I've one or two more boxes to send over but thankfully I don't own very many things so the rest will fit in my normal suitcase. I'm going to pack up my DVDs and books now but don't want to send them off until I'm completely sure there won't be any customs/tax type problems.

I start a new job tomorrow so even though I've been packing stuff and working towards my move, it seems like everythings taking a big step backwards with settling down into work life over here. Ever since I finished university I've just been waiting to start my life in Aus while simply wasting my days over here, does anyone else feel like they're living in a very large waiting room with not enough magazines to read?

Guest jubjub87

Hey guys,

Congratulations on all of the recent visa grants!!

Just wanted to ask...i have been granted my tourist visa and intend to fly back to aus in 2 weeks and spend the rest of the time(2-3 months) with my partner, then fly out to new zealand and back in etc. But my question was..Is it ok to book a one way ticket there as i wont need it to come back to the uk as ill be flying to new zealand for my pmv to be granted. Has anybody had much trouble with immigration when doing this. Its not a huge issue and i could just buy a return ticket but its a waste of money! I will be carrying evidence of funds for a couple of thousand and a letter of invitation from my fiance stating he will be supporting me fully, also proof that weve lodged a pmv application. Do you think it will cause any problems?

Thank you

Guest guest72634
Hey guys,

Congratulations on all of the recent visa grants!!

Just wanted to ask...i have been granted my tourist visa and intend to fly back to aus in 2 weeks and spend the rest of the time(2-3 months) with my partner, then fly out to new zealand and back in etc. But my question was..Is it ok to book a one way ticket there as i wont need it to come back to the uk as ill be flying to new zealand for my pmv to be granted. Has anybody had much trouble with immigration when doing this. Its not a huge issue and i could just buy a return ticket but its a waste of money! I will be carrying evidence of funds for a couple of thousand and a letter of invitation from my fiance stating he will be supporting me fully, also proof that weve lodged a pmv application. Do you think it will cause any problems?

Thank you

I am also flying out in 2 weeks (2-3 months before my visa is due). I bought a one way ticket. Was told by my CO that was fine to do. Lets hope it is.

Guest guest72634
Hi Laura,

I am going to be shipping my stuff over with Pickfords. 4 boxes are costing me £220 plus insurance. Only trouble is they can't ship things until your visa is granted so I have to leave them with family for a few months as I am flying over early. Check out their website I think they are reasonable. I am using them as they have a depot a few miles away.

Glad that it seem pr is likely straight off! We have been together 7 years, married 2 and have a 10 month old. And my Aussie husband has been granted pr status in the uk as my spouse so hoping all this goes in our favour of a smooth application?? Haven't started form filling yet though. Seems like such a mountain of evidence required when it's quite obvious we are a real couple!

I am going to be shipping my stuff over with Pickfords. 4 boxes are costing me £220 plus insurance. Only trouble is they can't ship things until your visa is granted so I have to leave them with family for a few months as I am flying over early. Check out their website I think they are reasonable. I am using them as they have a depot a few miles away.

We are using seven seas to ship our things, they have quoted us £240 for 8 boxes but hopefully we won't need to use all 8. Same as Pickfords though they require a copy if my visa which thankfully I got last week so looking to send the boxes off next week as they'll take 2.5 months to get there