SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Sadly, still seems July, August and September applicants, including myself, are caught in the 8-9 months turnaround time...

That means another winter in England... oh joy...

As mine is submitted on 3 September it's not likely to come through until April/May 2013..

Hey GreatDane, looks like we will be together in that wait, we submitted on the 4th Sept :) just wish they overestimated that wait and it turns out to be a bit shorter!! I wish!

Hi everyone, I’m a bit late in posting this as we applied a while ago, but wanted to share our info. I’m the Brit and my wife is an Aussie who has been in the UK for over 5 years (currently waiting for her UK citizenship to come through). We’ve been living together for nearly 4 years and married for 18 months. The plan is to move to Melbourne in the new year, hopefully around 20th Jan. We still have loads to do like sell our flat, book flights, organise shipping etc so it’s going to be a busy 3 or 4 months!

27/06/12 Application 309/100 submitted

30/06/12 Payment taken

02/07/12 CO Assigned (AB). Advised 5/6 month wait from 28/06/2012. Requested medical, police checks and single page of application (forgot to complete it despite double checking the form at least 10 times in the days leading up to sending it off – duh!)

11/07/12 Health checks done

19/07/12 Police check and missing page submitted

23/07/12 CO confirmed that all documents received except health results and that I was being assessed for 100 visa J

09/08/12 CO confirmed that health check results received and no further info required

Hi off to Aus.

my co was SV and I emailed her a couple of weeks ago advising that I was flying out on the 27th sept. she replied advising to send her a reminder email on the 25th saying she would then grant it.....a bit close for comfort....! But it came through on 13th thankfully!!

So happy that my visa has finally arrived.

However, the BIG question is, who has to buy the beers? DaveS DID get his visa before me but he also flew before me, so technically that's blatant cheating right? :wink:

Uh huh. After seeing how expensive the beer is - maybe we should get our respective partners to buy the beer. ;-D

Guest marvinthecat

Nice to see that people are getting their visas.

Worried about the time scale for us..had not idea that it would take 6-8 months.

We lodge my OH application on the 2/9/12 case officer assigned (AB) police check done and medical asked for and sorted, attended additional information sent.

We have booked flights for the 28th on November and have read that others have entered on tourist visas while waiting for visa to be granted..how does this work? Any advice would be great.

I start my job on the 7th Of Jan 2013 and we do not want to be in the situation of being apart for months on end.

Has anyone had their visa granted quicker? We do not have any children and have been married for 3 years and I can see no other reason to hold up the application

Fingers crossed

Nice to see that people are getting their visas.

Worried about the time scale for us..had not idea that it would take 6-8 months.

We lodge my OH application on the 2/9/12 case officer assigned (AB) police check done and medical asked for and sorted, attended additional information sent.

We have booked flights for the 28th on November and have read that others have entered on tourist visas while waiting for visa to be granted..how does this work? Any advice would be great.

I start my job on the 7th Of Jan 2013 and we do not want to be in the situation of being apart for months on end.

Has anyone had their visa granted quicker? We do not have any children and have been married for 3 years and I can see no other reason to hold up the application

Fingers crossed

Unfortunately no matter how simple the case is they stick to the time indicated so if they said 6-8 months it will be granted within that timeframe, not earlier. You can go on a tourist visa but then you can't work and can only stay in oz for 3 months at a time so would need to go off somewhere for a few days and then come back. you would also need to be offshore when the visa is granted. So if you can afford all the flights and live on one persons wage it's definitely the way to go if you don't want to be apart! Good luck.

Guest niknak78

Hey all,

Congrats to all visa grants recently :)

Just received an email from AB to say he is taking over my file (previously LC) I must say I was relieved as nobody on the spreadsheet seemed to have LC as their CO.

He advised me that its still up to 6 months wait from date of application received - 13/06/12

I told him that I had booked my flight for 7th December to bali one way and will book flight to Sydney once visa approved (awaiting a response)

Less than 12 weeks wait yaaaaay

N

Hi All,

Congrats to all that have had there visas granted recently:-)

Could you please let me know what AB advises in his email to you. We also applied for the 309 Spouse visa on the 12th June & are planning to fly to Seoul on the 6th Dec, one-way.........we are really hoping that my visa will be granted in the run up to our departure:-) We still have LC as our CO.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

W

Hey all,

Congrats to all visa grants recently :)

Just received an email from AB to say he is taking over my file (previously LC) I must say I was relieved as nobody on the spreadsheet seemed to have LC as their CO.

He advised me that its still up to 6 months wait from date of application received - 13/06/12

I told him that I had booked my flight for 7th December to bali one way and will book flight to Sydney once visa approved (awaiting a response)

Less than 12 weeks wait yaaaaay

N

Hi everyone

Another newbie adding to the waiting list! We applied on the 13th June (309/100) and are hoping we get the visa granted by early December so we know we are good to go and can start getting organised to be out there by Feb at the latest.

Is it me or does the wait seem to actually get longer the closer you get?

Hi All,

Could you please let me know what AB advises in his email to you. We also applied for the 309 Spouse visa on the 12th June & are planning to fly to Seoul on the 6th Dec, one-way.........we are really hoping that my visa will be granted in the run up to our departure:-) We still have LC as our CO.

W

I applied on the 13th June and am planning on going over there to see my partner asap, either waiting if it's still 5 months or going on a tourist visa a month earlier if it's the 6 months. Trouble is, my CO (AB) unlike others, will not give me a rough timeframe yet. I think it's to do with the change in processing times but he did say for those who applied in June it looks like it may be nearer the 6 months than 5. Very vague and uncertain answer which I can understand, but at the same time it makes things very difficult to organise. I'm going to wait a bit longer and keep asking.

Guest niknak78
Hi All,

W

HI Wil,

He just said that he would be taking over our file and it can still take up to 6 months from 13/06/2012

No more info needed

Will let you know if I hear anything else.

We are on the exact timeframe with regards to flights etc.....

Nic

Wow, you're actually getting responses from SV then - we're in the same boat, our flight to Oz is about 7 days after the estimated 5mth processing time and we've emailed SV 3 times to make sure they are aware that OH will possibly be in Oz if the processing time goes beyond 5mths but not getting any response yet... Here's hoping we've not dropped into the 8-9mth processing timeframe otherwise it will be OH living it up and me working my butt off since i'm the Aussie!!!

Hi off to Aus.

my co was SV and I emailed her a couple of weeks ago advising that I was flying out on the 27th sept. she replied advising to send her a reminder email on the 25th saying she would then grant it.....a bit close for comfort....! But it came through on 13th thankfully!!

Guest jane2010

Hi

I've not been on this thread for a while

Here are my stats: (from memory!)

Applied for Spouse Visa - 11th April

Case Officer assigned - SV

Medical done - 15th April

Email from SV stating have everything they need and that i'm being assessed for the permanent visa. - 19th April..

Still waiting for the Visa - 5 months now?

Hoping it won't be much longer.....hoping not longer than 19th October!

I want to book flights...

any other APRIL applications out there waiting/been approved??

Wow, you're actually getting responses from SV then - we're in the same boat, our flight to Oz is about 7 days after the estimated 5mth processing time and we've emailed SV 3 times to make sure they are aware that OH will possibly be in Oz if the processing time goes beyond 5mths but not getting any response yet... Here's hoping we've not dropped into the 8-9mth processing timeframe otherwise it will be OH living it up and me working my butt off since i'm the Aussie!!!

I had SV too. You won't get anywhere emailing her. Don't take it personally, she's probably very busy and gets loads of these emails every day. If you haven't already spoken to her, give her a call. Tell her you want to make sure she has all teh info she eneds and explain your travel pland. If she can give you anything concrete then and there I'm sure she will. If she knows it won't be possible to get your visa by that time, hopefulyl she'll tell you then too, so at least you can plan for that an cahnge flight plasn if possible. Don't wait till the last minute to make changes, it gets really expensive doing it that way.

You might not get her...but be persistent. I spoke to her a couple of times, briefly. And in both isntances she gave me the info I needed...yes I was getting approved, and then closer to the time she told me exactly when she would approve it (OK I had to remind her, but it did coem throguh when she said!)