SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hello! Taken a while to update as we are in Bali at the moment but we got our visa on September 18th! Our co was SV and we originally applied on April 4th, cant remember other dates off hand (our dates are wrong on the spreadsheet as it says we applied in May, cant change it now as it all appears in Indonesian). We used a migration agent, unsure if that made any difference to timing. Good luck to others waiting, we arrive in Darwin on the 23rd September.

Guest jane2010

Hi congrats to those who have had their visas granted.

I've been told i'm getting the permanent visa....I'm a little anxious as I applied on April 11th and still not been granted.

I'm looking at flights for C - Pacific and they go up and down all the time - sometimes £1500 EACH! then £620 each.....

Should I call up SV?

Hi Nic,

I am sure it will be fine, if worst comes to worst, a quick trip to NZ over xmas is on the cards lol. LG did advise me that to expect my visa between mid Dec to Jan & to let her know when my flights are booked, I haven't told her yet that my flights are booked for the 6th Dec as I'm scared she will shout at me haha!! I will notify her mid Nov & if she says that it will not be granted than I will apply for a tourist visa to fill the stop gap at this time.

I have been told that once you receive the email advising that ''no more info required at this time'' that your visa has actually been approved it then has to wait in a big pile of others visa's to be linked to your passport & due to the monthly quota, this is what takes the time.........oh well!!!

Good luck everyone :-)

W

HI Wil,

He just said that he would be taking over our file and it can still take up to 6 months from 13/06/2012

No more info needed

Will let you know if I hear anything else.

We are on the exact timeframe with regards to flights etc.....

Nic

To all you March/April lot still waiting - don't fret. I applied on 19 March and my visa (PR) was granted last week on 14 September! Mine was a very straightforward case but it still took almost the full 6 months they were quoting, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet. Am so relieved to finally have it though! (Although I must say, a bit of an anti-climax - all you get is an email to show for all the expense and hard work!)

Hi congrats to those who have had their visas granted.

I've been told i'm getting the permanent visa....I'm a little anxious as I applied on April 11th and still not been granted.

I'm looking at flights for C - Pacific and they go up and down all the time - sometimes £1500 EACH! then £620 each.....

Should I call up SV?

It depends when you want to travel..if you want to go ASAP, then yes go ahead and call. If you don't plan on travelling for a few months, then it probably makes no difference if you wait a week or two. If the processing time was 5-6 months when you applied, then you are right in the middle of that period, so go for it! Tell her you are keen to make travel plans so if she knows when your visa is due to be granted it would be really useful if she could tell you. If the processing time was 6-8 months, then you might need to sit tight for a bit still, she might not have an exact date for you.

The way I looked at it...I'm sure staff at DIAC have stats tehya re measured against...if you are gently reminding your CO of you approaching the longer period of the processing time and you help them process your application in the expected timescale then that's probably a good thing for your CO.

Is that correct that when they say "no further information required" they have accepted and 'granted' (for want of a better word) your visa but are just waiting for it to go through the obligatory processing period before the 'official' grant? Would be good to know that so that we can start making travel plans for the later part of our processing time (9 mths)...

Edited by littlekitty

Spoke to my CO on Friday (JC) as we have flights booked for 21st October and she confirmed that my visa would be approved next week. She is on leave this week but said she would make it a priority upon her return.

Only four weeks to go! Have to say I am sick of autumn already :biggrin:

Is that correct that when they say "no further information required" they have accepted and 'granted' (for want of a better word) your visa but are just waiting for it to go through the obligatory processing period before the 'official' grant? Would be good to know that so that we can start making travel plans for the later part of our processing time (9 mths)...

Yes, your application is now sitting in the 'Statutory Waiting Period Before Grant' pile. You don't need to do anything more, just wait. You'll get the visa around the processing time you were originally told, not before unfortunately.

Guest jimmythebeak

21/06/12 application delivered with police clearance to AH & monies taken

27/06/12 case officer assigned

04/07/12 medical completed

Nothing since then... I wish they'd tell us something so we could plan our next moves :(

Hi all, New to the forum and forums in general. We applied for our Pmv 300 visa in Early May 2012. Have flights booked for late november to return to australia and are now approaching the final stage of the wait hopefully. It all gets very stressful , not hearing nothing and playing the waiting game. We are just hoping we have the visa by the start november as we have a wedding to plan and hooneymoon for early next year. Being in the UK i havnt had a chance to do much planning at all.

Great to see all the visa approvals on this thread, and im sure you will all enjoy Australia. Dont listen to everything you read on these forums about people returning to the uK. After spending my whole life in Australia, I really dont understand where some forum members are coming from. Its a great country with a great lifestlye. I think some that return , should have never left the Uk in the first place.

Does anyone know if you get a pre warning before they issue the visa maybe the week before, or is it a case of you just get a email and you have your visa ? We do have a migration agent which we used just for the purpose that it was all a bit overwhelming to us ( even tho it proved a very straight foward case) but our agent has been terrible when we have had simple questions we have just wanted answers too. After they get your money they dont seem to want to be bothered after that helping much.

Hi AussieinEngland,

We are in the same position as you. (I'm the Aussie) We applied in May and have been told to expect my partner's visa in late October (CO is LG). We are booked to fly out on the 23rd Nov. My son is getting married in Oz so we have to be back for that! Our wedding is April next year and I will start planning that when I get back to Oz...too much to do here before we leave, than worrying about that. My rule is to do one thing at a time and cross it off the list before I get worried about the next thing that needs to be done.

I would contact your CO and let them know when your flights are so they can try to make sure your visa is granted before you leave. If it isn't your partner can fly out on a visitor visa but they will have to leave Oz in order to validate the PMV visa when it is granted.

Best of luck.

Lol...same date... don't tell me you are flying Singapore airlines as well. We are flying into Adelaide (that is where my son is) but then we head to Melbourne where we are going to live (and hopefully find jobs).

If I was you I would contact LG and let her know your flight dates if your agent won't. It gives her further information and when I have talked to her she was very nice and understanding of our situation.

Yes, your application is now sitting in the 'Statutory Waiting Period Before Grant' pile. You don't need to do anything more, just wait. You'll get the visa around the processing time you were originally told, not before unfortunately.

Hi GeorgeD, thanks for clearing this up. I should have been a little more specific cos I meant to ask this regarding a possibly refusal. I have this crazy idea in my head that there may be some issues with our application (conviction from ten years ago that needed to be explained and previous overstaying on a visa - from a sponsor giving my fiance the run around and eventually he cancelled his sponsorship application because the company was dodgy) and am really worried he will get refused, even though I'm sure these are minor problems. I was just wondering if this "no further information required" means yes, he has been approved (pending grant).

Obviously left alone in Australia I am stressing over these things!!!!

I've never heard of anyone being told they had all the info they needed to decline a visa! They would probably give you a few goes at explaining yourself...if they don't then they are looking at appeals, etc. I wouldn't worry about the previous visa stuff. As for the convitcion side of things...as long as he doesn't have a substantial criminal record then it's going to be fine:

[h=2]Substantial criminal records[/h]A person is deemed to have a substantial criminal record if they have been:

• sentenced to either death or life imprisonment
  • sentenced to a term of imprisonment for 12 months or more
  • sentenced to two or more terms of imprisonment (whether on one or more occasions), where the total of those terms is two years or more
  • acquitted of an offence on the grounds of either unsoundness of mind or insanity and, as a result, the person has been detained in a facility or institution.

Even if he does have a substantial record as defined above...you can still provide evidence to be granted a visa.

The waiting is the worst bit. You imagine problems which really aren't there...I've been in your shoes and totally understand the crazy amount of stress involved...and you have no control over it! I'm currently experiencing it again, I'm waiting on my 2nd stage application being processed. I filled in a few pages of forms in late April and have heard nothing since...is this good or bad??? I'm sure it's good (I know they have received it at least!), but there's a tiny voice in my head saying...what if that's a bad sign???

Oh GeorgeD the crazy scenarios I have come up with! I've even looked into moving to England and our application only went in in September. I queried my fears with an Agent who works with my friend and they seem to think all will be fine. I know I'm just imagining the worst, but in the back of my mind I know things will work out. I think partially these issues bug me because I dont have my other half living with me to voice my concerns....

Good luck with everything, I'm sure your application is running along fine!!

Thanks for the reply. We have the same case officer and ironically my Fiance and myself are flying out of heathrow on the same date as you.

Our migration agent knows what date we are flying out and has confirmed that they will chase up our visa after the 5mnth mark is upon us. We have been tossing up whether to send our CO a message ourselves as our migration agent will not contact them for us until we reach the 5 month mark. I understand where the migration agent is coming from with no contact, but some answers would just be great. We did tick the box on the application to say that our migration agent will be the person of contact with the embassy. I am thinking though it wouldnt hurt for us to send LG a message to let her know our flights are booked. It is a week over the 6mnth mark for us the flights are booked for.

Hopefully it all works in our favour. I am really not looking foward to having to get a visitor visa if we had too. Although a quick trip to Fiji could be fun.

Hey AussieinEngland and dianaos, I also filed in May (25th) and have LG. I have been in touch as have booked flights for the 12th November, and she says she will ensure my visa is granted on time. She's been great everytime i've contacted her, and so quick to reply so i'd send her an email AuusieinEngland just sp you can relax a bit. Good luck!

Hey AussieinEngland and dianaos, I also filed in May (25th) and have LG. I have been in touch as have booked flights for the 12th November, and she says she will ensure my visa is granted on time. She's been great everytime i've contacted her, and so quick to reply so i'd send her an email AuusieinEngland just sp you can relax a bit. Good luck!

I agree Maisem. That is exactly what she said to us and she seems very nice and is very reassuring because I think we all worry about whether it will be approved and when it will be approved. :unsure:

Another LG applicant here. She is very helpful - when I paid for our visa in Perth I was treated like a piece of dirt by the woman beind the counter...all I could think was "imagine if my case officer is like this!!!' haha I was giving the woman two grand for god's sake she could have been a bit more pleasant!

Good to know you guys are getting some good responses with her regarding your flights.

Hi all.

E-mailed my CO a few days ago (CO is PS) to remind him that I would be going to Thailand on Tuesday for 10 days for a friends wedding.

He responded saying he is now in a position to grant my visa.

Whoohooo!!

So... applied May 10th 2012 visa granted September 27th 2012 (but need to leave Aus before I get it!)

Edited by greeneyes

I also have LG . i applied around 14 June and was told 5 -6 months which would mean mid Nov-mid Dec for a grant. I emailed her the other week informing her that due to my partners' work situation ( he has to relocate to Melbourne in just over a month ) we would probably be going out together at the end of Oct , with me on a tourist, visa , before grant of my 100.

She told me that the wait time is still nearer 6 than 5 months, not really what i wanted to hear, but nevermind. So i will need to arrange to be out of the country whilst she grants. she said she would contact me just before they are ready so i can go away, which in it's own way is as good as confirmation that the visa IS on it's way.

I have to say, LG has always been so courteous and helpful with my enquiries, it has really put my mind at rest. I will let her know shortly before we go that we are off, in order to flag myself up with her once more, and hopefully things will then go smoothly. And fingers crossed we can get a slightly earlier than 6 month grant date!

Getting exciting now - only just over a month til i am scheduled to leave for Melbourne!

Oh my a May one approved! we applied in May too so maybe ours will soon be here :)

Hi all.

E-mailed my CO a few days ago (CO is PS) to remind him that I would be going to Thailand on Tuesday for 10 days for a friends wedding.

Whoohooo!!

So... applied May 10th 2012 visa granted September 27th 2012 (but need to leave Aus before I get it!)

Hi everyone and congrats to everybody who has received their visas!

Not really posted on here before but have been keeping a close eye on timelines so thought I should add my own....

I am the ''Aussie'' (I use '' '' because I am actually only a Permanent Resident myself from being a dependent on my parents' skilled migrant worker visa from when I was 18/19 and in uni when they applied.) I got my visa through in March 2009 and made my initial entry as a holiday to visit my aunty and uncle in Perth in April 2009. To cut a long story short, for many different reasons my parents only went permanently in April this year.

My husband and I applied for his 309/100 visa in April. We have been together since college (going on for 6 years) and have been married since February but have been living together de facto since 2008 and had lots of evidence of financial dependency etc, contracts for our rentals etc. We've been friends since we were 11/12ish so also had lots of embarrassing teenage photographs which added some comical relief to our application!! We also had statements from my Aunty and Uncle who are now Australian citizens. We enquired about when we could book flights a few weeks ago as we had found a reasonable deal for October 22nd and CO told us that we were fine to book this. We emailed yesterday only to ask a question regarding paperwork for shipping and received an email back with two very pleasant surprises - number one: the visa!! and number two: it was a permanent visa!!!

Payment taken / CO assigned (LG): 17th April

Medical: 10th May

Police check: End of May

No further info required: 1st June

Told 5-6 months (between 17th sept - 17th oct)

spoke to LG about booking flight on 22nd Oct: 7th september

Visa subclass 100 granted: 26th september

Absolutely cannot wait! I must also add that LG has been fantastic - everytime we have had contact with her she has been so helpful and reassuring about it.

Now comes the next long process of getting registered as a teacher with WACOT... another load of forms, certified copies and, of course, money!

Best wishes to everybody,

CGM x

Hi all.

Whoohooo!!

Congratulations, that is fantastic news.

Hi everyone and congrats to everybody who has received their visas!

Not really posted on here before but have been keeping a close eye on timelines so thought I should add my own....

I am the ''Aussie'' (I use '' '' because I am actually only a Permanent Resident myself from being a dependent on my parents' skilled migrant worker visa from when I was 18/19 and in uni when they applied.) I got my visa through in March 2009 and made my initial entry as a holiday to visit my aunty and uncle in Perth in April 2009. To cut a long story short, for many different reasons my parents only went permanently in April this year.

My husband and I applied for his 309/100 visa in April. We have been together since college (going on for 6 years) and have been married since February but have been living together de facto since 2008 and had lots of evidence of financial dependency etc, contracts for our rentals etc. We've been friends since we were 11/12ish so also had lots of embarrassing teenage photographs which added some comical relief to our application!! We also had statements from my Aunty and Uncle who are now Australian citizens. We enquired about when we could book flights a few weeks ago as we had found a reasonable deal for October 22nd and CO told us that we were fine to book this. We emailed yesterday only to ask a question regarding paperwork for shipping and received an email back with two very pleasant surprises - number one: the visa!! and number two: it was a permanent visa!!!

Payment taken / CO assigned (LG): 17th April

Medical: 10th May

Police check: End of May

No further info required: 1st June

Told 5-6 months (between 17th sept - 17th oct)

spoke to LG about booking flight on 22nd Oct: 7th september

Visa subclass 100 granted: 26th september

Absolutely cannot wait! I must also add that LG has been fantastic - everytime we have had contact with her she has been so helpful and reassuring about it.

Now comes the next long process of getting registered as a teacher with WACOT... another load of forms, certified copies and, of course, money!

Best wishes to everybody,

CGM x

Congratulaions.

All these visas being approved means ours is coming around soon. :biggrin: