The weather ?

bristolman

20 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

I beg to differ ...i have a dog , luckily the fireworks don't scare him ...he goes all " Sid vicious " when they start going off .

last night. Was like al alemein by us ....from about 6-9pm .

it used to be one night a year ....now its weddings ...diwhali ...bloody all sorts ?

Suppose depends where you live, very few except for friday sat sunday in stratford

5 hours ago, Parley said:

The amount of kids with horrific burns from fireworks speaks for itself really.

not forgetting the animals,, every year there are reports of cruelty to animals due to fireworks. This was on facebook yesterday - https://www.itv.com/news/central/2017-11-05/cat-killed-after-fireworks-are-strapped-to-it-and-set-off/

It should be organised displays only IMO

Cal x

• Like 1

I remember those awful fireworks I think called jumping jacks? They went everywhere.

Idiots used to light them and throw them near people, I remember being terrified of them,  I loathed home bonfire nights and used to hide indoors and watch from the safety of the window.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bristolman said:

Well this weather is still confusing, we had a few frosts in the last couple of weeks but again back to very mild, lovely blue sky today.. Still don't need to get the long trousers out just yet. 

I had an email from a friend in Garstang Lancs today and another from a friend in Preston.  The weather there is foul.  Lashing with rain and flooding.  It's 5 degrees and drizzling in Edinburgh according to my sister so you are lucky where you live.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toots said:

I had an email from a friend in Garstang Lancs today and another from a friend in Preston.  The weather there is foul.  Lashing with rain and flooding.  It's 5 degrees and drizzling in Edinburgh according to my sister so you are lucky where you live.

yes , I was shocked to hear of the flooding in Cumbria as well ....still nothing like the winter I should be ....16c here yesterday ( oh yes it was )

colder today though

WP_20171123_09_45_01_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, calNgary said:

Good to see your little area is basking in glourious shorts weather ,these poor sods arent doing too well , flooded out after such heavy rain

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2017-11-23/clear-up-begins-after-flooding-in-lancs-and-cumbria/

Cal x

Yes that's a real shame, that is a considerable distance from us of course. I was taking our boys into college today and my eldest said the weather shouldn't be like this, it's winter lol. It's not 'our little area' to be fair, it's just not the North. 

28 minutes ago, Toots said:

Yes, we are lucky for many reasons not least of which is the fact that we don't have Northern weather lol.

We had snow this morning, it settled on the hills but not in the valley where our village is.  It was pretty cold, about -1° when I took the kids to school, but it was fine as we wrapped up warm.  We have bright blue sky now.  Gorgeous!

IMG_2476.JPG

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LKC said:

We had snow this morning, it settled on the hills but not in the valley where our village is.  It was pretty cold, about -1° when I took the kids to school, but it was fine as we wrapped up warm.  We have bright blue sky now.  Gorgeous!

IMG_2476.JPG

That's very similar to where we are, we often see snow on the hills across in Wales. 

This thread has made me laugh

Of course the UK has some good weather, but it's not generally known for it.

I much prefer the weather here in NSW. I expect sunshine and it's odd to see grey skies.

Its not that the UK has severe weather, it's more the heavy, low grey sky and dreariness.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Kapri said:

I much prefer the weather here in NSW. I expect sunshine and it's odd to see grey skies.

Its not that the UK has severe weather, it's more the heavy, low grey sky and dreariness.

the weather is getting less and less dreary iam afraid ...this is within the last hour....

WP_20171124_12_23_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20171124_12_40_25_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kapri said:

Good for you but we don't all see it like that at all. 

Another glorious day today, chilly but not a cloud in the sky. 

• Like 1