The weather ?

bristolman

2 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

I know and have been there many times as I have relatives there, just showing that although it has been very mild over the last few winters it still can get very cold and frosty in the mornings.

Most people would post there own photos up surely, not search the Daily Mail for a photo of where they've walked, still each to there own

22 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Having lived there for 45 plus years I know English weather 

Its getting warmer though.

The Met Office said last year was 0.5°C warmer across the UK than the average between 1981 and 2010. 

There was also four per cent more sunshine.

Mark McCarthy, Head of the Met Office's National Climate Information Centre, said: 'Although 2016 may not be regarded as remarkable for temperature, it does feature within a notable decade for temperature records.

'The trend towards warmer temperatures is clear, but of course natural variation in our climate will always mean that increases are not always even year on year.'

Last summer was the hottest on record in Sydney, for 6 weeks it was over 40 at least one day a week and got up to 45. As air con is the exception the advice was to go to malls and libraries to keep cool. It was literally standing room only in the local library, all seats were taken. People  were on the news going to the beach for a swim at 2 in the morning as it was too hot to sleep.

My biggest problem was the dogs. Had to stand them in the bath at regular intervals to cool them down. At one point the boy who hates water sank down into it of his own accord.  Could almost see the steam rising off him!

Edited by ScottieGirl
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ScottieGirl said:

Last summer was the hottest on record in Sydney, for 6 weeks it was over 40 at least one day a week and got up to 45. As air con is the exception the advice was to go to malls and libraries to keep cool. It was literally standing room only in the local library, all seats were taken. People  were on the news going to the beach for a swim at 2 in the morning as it was too hot to sleep.

My biggest problem was the dogs. Had to stand them in the bath at regular intervals to cool them down. At one point the boy who hates water sank down into it of his own accord.  Could almost see the steam rising off him!

Thats global warming...aussies have per person the biggest footprint in the world, you reek what you sew.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NicF said:

That was one of the winters I was talking about.  PB said the UK had mild winters for the last 10 years, but we had two bad ones before we moved in 2012.  Can't comment on winters from 2012 on as we haven't been there, although very few comments about snow on my Facebook feed from the UK friends.

it was actually 10-11 , because I was in the thick of it....xmas day evening last year 12c....

right now ...11am ...13c

3 hours ago, ScottieGirl said:

That would be horrible and I don' care what anyone says far worse than cold. 

4 hours ago, ScottieGirl said:

did anyone see Baghdad last year .....bloody hell ..it was that hot, in the 50s ,the people became nocturnal ....

1 hour ago, bristolman said:

1st of November tomorrow, still in shorts and in fact in t-shirt today and no real end in sight. 

yes , I have just back home , and the decorator is outside in a t shirt - barmy ?...its unseasonably mild ...but not that bloody mild ?

not for me thanks ....3 layers ?

55 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

yes , I have just back home , and the decorator is outside in a t shirt - barmy ?...its unseasonably mild ...but not that bloody mild ?

not for me thanks ....3 layers ?

Well its not unseasonably mild when looking at recent years, I couldn't even function in 3 layers, just too restrictive and sweaty for me. When it finally gets cold perhaps a padded shirt but that's it lol

5 hours ago, ScottieGirl said:

That's never right ..i like a bit of sunshine , but not that ?

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 14:21, Gbye grey sky said:

I agree.

But would also add that I personally much prefer the warmer, sunnier springs and autumns in SE Qld over SE England.

Presumably pterygiums can be avoided by wearing sunnies with UV protection.

Yes sunnies are essential wear in Australia! However, many still don't realise that UV is still doing damage to your skin in even in the shade or in the car with the windows down as much can be reflected. Having done some experimentation with a basic UV, I have found this to be indeed the case. It is astounding how powerful the sun is in certain parts of Australia.

Myself, I try to avoid exposure to the sun from 10-4pm. It seriously ages you. It is important to protect children especially as that is when the damage is done. I have seen many cases of skin cancers in all manner of strange areas of the body such as the backs of legs or on a foot. Most often it results from damage during childhood. The sad thing is that I have seen state schools make young kids go out in the midday sun to clean up the school yard. Caps are worn, but backs of legs are often left unprotected...

Personally I find cooler weather more enjoyable. And look forward to a white Christmas!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starlight7 said:

Freezing here- huddled up by the fire, sick of it and dreaming of Queensland.

It's warming up nicely here,lol, albeit we have had some storms this last few weeks.

Is it raining where you are ? I was back there a few weeks ago and it rained half the time we were there,lol, i think i brought it back here with me,lol

Cal x

1 hour ago, starlight7 said:

Freezing here- huddled up by the fire, sick of it and dreaming of Queensland.

Apparently you just need to go to England...it's warmer there.  ;)    Actually,   we've had between 19 and 25 the last week in Hobart ....and Melbourne is normally a couple of degrees warmer so surprised you feel freezing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Skani said:

Apparently you just need to go to England...it's warmer there.  ;)    Actually,   we've had between 19 and 25 the last week in Hobart ....and Melbourne is normally a couple of degrees warmer so surprised you feel freezing.  

Poorly insulated houses? 

5 minutes ago, Skani said:

Yeah it's bizarre, the world's gone mad ?

Screenshot_20171101-114128.jpg

• Haha 1