The weather ?

bristolman

16 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

???...nice yesterday...not in Scotland iam afraid

and what you have to take into account ...a lot of those lovely u.s courses ,have 1000s of gallons of water poured on them everyday ...to keep them alive

the green you see in those pictures is natural

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

The weather in central and west Scotland yesterday was bad. Pretty heavy rain all day. But today my wife is walking from the village to the town and wont even need a jacket. Warm sunshine.

I'm not sure I would call 6 degrees warm lol.

3 minutes ago, bristolman said:

It was I think 15c here, plenty warm enough for shorts. 

Yes, some people don't feel the cold at all.  My younger son doesn't own a coat and the heat doesn't bother  him either.  I've turned into a proper namby pamby.  Most doesn't bother me that much here though I don't like when it's very cold and rainy.

Edited by Toots

3 minutes ago, Toots said:

Yes, some people don't feel the cold at all.  My younger son doesn't own a coat and the heat doesn't bother  him either.  I've turned into a proper namby pamby.  Most doesn't bother me that much here though I don't like when it's very cold and rainy.

The cold has never bothered me, the heat is a different matter, I hate it which is weird as I grew up with it. Our kids are the same. 

The correlation between UK winters and the interest in migration is always interesting. We find this to be the case on the forum as well.

Below is the search traffic on Google from people in the UK searching for 'Moving to Australia'. Winter time and twice as many people in the UK are seemingly researching about moving to Australia / hotter climates. 

seasonal.png

• Like 1

On 11/4/2017 at 00:01, Cerberus1 said:

The correlation between UK winters and the interest in migration is always interesting. We find this to be the case on the forum as well.

Below is the search traffic on Google from people in the UK searching for 'Moving to Australia'. Winter time and twice as many people in the UK are seemingly researching about moving to Australia / hotter climates. 

seasonal.png

All those people must be from 'Up North' where winters are far from hot and shorts are rarely seen that time of year..lol

Cal x

1 minute ago, calNgary said:

All those people must be from 'Up North' where winters are far from hot and shorts are rarely seen that time of year..lol

Cal x

That's true enough, the weather in those parts is pretty special lol. There seems to be a disproportionate number of expat from the frozen North. I was in shorts and t-shirt at the National Motorcycle Museum Open Day yesterday. 

Just now, VERYSTORMY said:

Stunning Autumn day here in Scotland today. Cold and crisp but crystal blue skies. Just about to take the dog for a walk in the park. 

It's beautiful, isn't it!  Not a single cloud in the sky.  We're just heading over to Linlithgow for a walk round the loch and a look at the palace.  Once I can persuade the kids to get dressed, that is!

3 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Stunning Autumn day here in Scotland today. Cold and crisp but crystal blue skies. Just about to take the dog for a walk in the park. 

Yes same here, beautiful isn't it ? They are predicting a long hard winter..AGAIN. One year they might get it right. 

1 minute ago, LKC said:

It's beautiful, isn't it!  Not a single cloud in the sky.  We're just heading over to Linlithgow for a walk round the loch and a look at the palace.  Once I can persuade the kids to get dressed, that is!

It was good yesterday as well. Went to a park in Hamiton with the dog. Just going to the local one this morning. The trees are all still covered in frost here and very pretty. Then home to cook Sunday lunch. A nice slow cooked lamb shoulder.