The weather ?

bristolman

3 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

and what is this referring to ? ...i was referring to the PREVIOUS 6 winters ...dec - Jan - Feb

winter starts December 1st

regardless of how this winter pans out we have had a fantastic MILD run recently

Yes I was wondering about the relevance of the little table myself lol. 

5 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

and what is this referring to ? ...i was referring to the PREVIOUS 6 winters ...dec - Jan - Feb

winter starts December 1st

regardless of how this winter pans out we have had a fantastic MILD run recently

well its  winter at midnight and minus 2 predicted overnight, feels like -6

1 minute ago, bunbury61 said:

i will be asleep then - what is it during the day ?

nothing like the winters of old

No nothing like them at all, even when I lived here in the 80s winters were harsh. The last 5 winters since we have been here have been 95% mild with the odd frost and a tiny bit of snow. 

2 hours ago, bristolman said:

The long range forecast seems to more of the same, mild. Although the Daily Excess has once again forecast the coldest winter for 6000 years there seems to nothing to support that. 

Yes, where you live bristolman.  Just got this photo from my sister when she was down in south west Scotland.  

snow1.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bristolman said:

The long range forecast seems to more of the same, mild. Although the Daily Excess has once again forecast the coldest winter for 6000 years there seems to nothing to support that. 

yeah , I have just had a look at accuweather for January .....6-9c .....if that's right ,that will do me ? ..fingers crossed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Toots said:

Yes, where you live bristolman.  Just got this photo from my sister when she was down in south west Scotland.  

snow1.JPG

thing is toots , thats nothing , a dusting of snow ....check out previous bad winters to get n idea of what it used to be like ( we have short memories ) ...even i can remember 6 ft of snow up th door .....football mad wgen i was a kid ,running around the local park on xmas day , in my new kit ...with a foot of snow on the ground ( well i was only 10 ?) ....79 was the last really bad one .

2010 -11 was the last bit of snow

it's desperately trying to be winter ....but its about to go mild again

4 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

thing is toots , thats nothing , a dusting of snow ....check out previous bad winters to get n idea of what it used to be like ( we have short memories ) ...even i can remember 6 ft of snow up th door .....football mad wgen i was a kid ,running around the local park on xmas day , in my new kit ...with a foot of snow on the ground ( well i was only 10 ?) ....79 was the last really bad one .

2010 -11 was the last bit of snow

it's desperately trying to be winter ....but its about to go mild again

just been on to accuweather .com - the extended forecast fir ABERDEEN ....expecting some real bad numbers for Dec - Jan ....take a look