StevieF8

Nope, it doesn't seem like there are any expected standards of behaviour.

Seems not Andy which saddens me. Wonder if the Labour party will be using these celebration pictures as promotional material at the time of the next election (said tongue in cheek of course).

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems not Andy which saddens me. Wonder if the Labour party will be using these celebration pictures as promotional material at the time of the next election (said tongue in cheek of course).

Why would. They use them in an election campaign :eek:

Why would. They use them in an election campaign :eek:

Labour supporters? (won't be Tories will they)... maybe the slogan .. The Labour Party knows how to throw a party or Labour .. The next generation.

I've been a little disgusted at the pictures of the 'celebrations' that i've seen this morning on the news, irrespective of peoples views about her, surely there are expected standards of behaviour in society, I don't believe anti-social behaviours can be condoned.

Wait til next week....

The coverage of the rioting will probably get as much coverage of the funeral

The media ave obviously picked out the one or two over the top celebrations, the vast majority of the celebrations were low key amongst friends.

Over the top? I'd call it anti-social behaviour. How do you know that the vast majority of celebreations were low key and amongst friends ...was there somewhere to register your 'celebration'

But ... the 'over the top' celebrations have been reported and on the world stage it's going to do very little for Britains reputation abroad

I've been a little disgusted at the pictures of the 'celebrations' that i've seen this morning on the news, irrespective of peoples views about her, surely there are expected standards of behaviour in society, I don't believe anti-social behaviours can be condoned.

Actually, they are just demonstrating why democratic capitalist societies are THE best places to live. This is why we fight wars whether with Nazi Germany or Argentina. We treasure our rights to free speech.

The fact that so many of these Thatcher haters are themselves ANTI democracy and capitalism is irrelevant.

Actually, they are just demonstrating why democratic capitalist societies are THE best places to live. This is why we fight wars whether with Nazi Germany or Argentina. We treasure our rights to free speech.

The fact that so many of these Thatcher haters are themselves ANTI democracy and capitalism is irrelevant.

Not sure if you're saying its acceptable to damage property, injure police men and throw fire bombs in order to express free speech?

Does 'free speech' extend to smashing up shops, starting fires, painting graffiti on walls and fighting with the Police?

I just think it is so sad really to see so much vitriol, like her or loathe her she was a mother .... even though her children weren't very close to her, it must upset them to see idiots celebrating her passing.

I am not the type of person who would celebrate someone's death, and wouldn't lower myself to these standards no matter how much I hated someone, my lack of love or respect towards Gordon Brown has never been disguised, but I can honestly say that if he pops the bucket before me, I won't be celebrating, I won't be upset, but I wouldn't disrespect his family ... tempting as it might be .... There is I am afraid a certain sector of people who will always be there to start riots, or incite riots, and these people should be ashamed of themselves, It's very often the same with the lunatic lefties .....

If you are really saying these two pieces of "journalism" means Thatcher is in the same league as Bin Laden or Hussein maybe you should lay off the hard stuff :unsure:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2003/feb/28/iraq.politics1

http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2013/04/09/magaret-thatcher-deserves-no-tears-in-death-the-ladys-rot-is-now-burning/

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/index.php/united-kingdom/2371-margaret-thatchers-true-legacy-was-the-war-criminal-tony-blair

I could go on - but the point is she was a political animal, and she would support those who advanced her political ambitions. She'd no better or worse than many other figures out there.

I don't approve of having street parties celebrating her death. A quiet drink at home, either for or against is a better way. I certainly don't approve of rioting (by the extreme left or the extreme right). But I clearly can't stand this woman being made into a saint when she clearly wasn't.

But that's my last word on the matter. I'm getting a bit bored tbh. She wasn't that important.

Not sure if you're saying its acceptable to damage property, injure police men and throw fire bombs in order to express free speech?

Just shows the mentality of some of these idiots - half of them wont have a clue about Thatcher its just an excuse to cause trouble!

Far fewer outward celebrations than could have been expected from the looks of things. Brixton,an area I once knew well, only several hundred. Years ago there would have been many thousands. The suss laws in place at the time,where the police could stop and search and looking in their mind suspicious caused massive resentment and dislike of the government.

Up North it all appeared pretty much low key. I guess there is no better healer than time along with the ageing of a lot of the hotheads of the time.

Billy Bragg, a long time Thatcher hater gave the right response. Don't celebrate, organise.

Wait til next week....

The coverage of the rioting will probably get as much coverage of the funeral

Yep, all the shops in town centers will be boarded up and the great unwashed who just love a riot and have probably never heard of Thatcher will be out throwing petrol bombs attacking police and nicking tellys

http://news.sky.com/story/1076078/margaret-thatcher-mps-recalled-after-death

A couple of things struck me on this report, firstly mp's are cutting their spring break short :err:, how nice to be able to have a spring break, i wonder if they will be booking out overtime.

Also the photo of the people burning the newspaper are i suspect the sort of people who will be rioting next week, none of them look older than 20.

http://news.sky.com/story/1076078/margaret-thatcher-mps-recalled-after-death

A couple of things struck me on this report, firstly mp's are cutting their spring break short :err:, how nice to be able to have a spring break, i wonder if they will be booking out overtime.

Also the photo of the people burning the newspaper are i suspect the sort of people who will be rioting next week, none of them look older than 20.

Those poor mp's, feel so sorry for them having to come home from their break early.

Unfortunately there will definitely be idiots joining in just for the sake of it. I wont be watching on tv or listening to the radio, it'll only make me cringe.

The only good thing she did was to break the 'glass ceiling' for women in the UK, although its yet to be repeated and some counted her as a man anyway.

Id better put 'IMO' before someone asks for a google link, daily mail article, message from God . . .

Thatcher disliked women and only promoted one female politician to a senior position in her eleven years as PM. When questioned on this she'd reply she couldn't find any that were good enough. Surrounded herself with subservient males. Died alone with no family present. Speaks volumes. Wouldn't wish anyone dead but public opinion continues to be divided. Anyway she's up there with Ronnie and Regie now.

Over the top? I'd call it anti-social behaviour. How do you know that the vast majority of celebreations were low key and amongst friends ...was there somewhere to register your 'celebration'

But ... the 'over the top' celebrations have been reported and on the world stage it's going to do very little for Britains reputation abroad

Media

blows everything out of proportion as you well know, she was a hated figure but as usual the paper need their story...it was a couple of isolated incidents that ain't really a big deal.

Yep, all the shops in town centers will be boarded up and the great unwashed who just love a riot and have probably never heard of Thatcher will be out throwing petrol bombs attacking police and nicking tellys

Ohhhh dear...daily fail alert.....the great unwashed......would you call all the former miners who live in ravaged villages unwashed because they celebrated? You really are a daily fail top man.

Guest guest76088

Following their comments on the Thatcher story, I have lost respect for the opinions of a number of posters on PIO. Which I'm sure won't bother them in the slightest unless they are writing sob stories.

BigD

Guest chris955

My wife put it well yesterday, she said that Maggie grabbed the country by the boot straps and made it great again. The UK had been pushed so far down by the Labour incompetence it was going to take a massive effort to get it back up.

I just think it is so sad really to see so much vitriol, like her or loathe her she was a mother .... even though her children weren't very close to her, it must upset them to see idiots celebrating her passing.

I am not the type of person who would celebrate someone's death, and wouldn't lower myself to these standards no matter how much I hated someone, my lack of love or respect towards Gordon Brown has never been disguised, but I can honestly say that if he pops the bucket before me, I won't be celebrating, I won't be upset, but I wouldn't disrespect his family ... tempting as it might be .... There is I am afraid a certain sector of people who will always be there to start riots, or incite riots, and these people should be ashamed of themselves, It's very often the same with the lunatic lefties .....

Archived