StevieF8

Fair points...

John Bhoy wrote: "Thatcher died pampered at the Ritz hotel london..whilst many pensioners died cold hungry and alone this winter due to her legacy."

S.P. Harrison joked: "Why is it sad news, she was 87, a great age and she lived in the Ritz Hotel. No bedroom tax for her to worry about!"

Eddie Skeggs fumedL "So thatcher got to die in the ritz hotel? typical. our elderly get to die in freezing cold houses on there own! or poorly run care homes."

Julian Doyle simply said: "Margaret Thatcher spent last of her days at The Ritz Hotel. I don't think you need to say anything else."

Tom Chivers asked: "How many stroke sufferers will spend their final days in the 'more convenient' Ritz Hotel? Not under Thatcher, not under this government."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/margaret-thatcher-dead-twitter-outrage-1818555#ixzz2Pusk0eO6

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Why should shouldn't she die in comfort, she held a high office and earned big money as well as making plenty after her leadership ended so the money would have been hers and not anyone else's, what is wrong with spending it staying in a nice hotel. Typical lefty bullshit again, and lets be honest Tom Chivers point is correct most people could not afford to stay there under this government but if it were under the last one maybe we could have all stayed there and put it on tick and worried about it later.

Haven't read all the posts on here but I'm just wondering whether all those condeming the celebration of her death also expressed simliar views at that death of Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Laden and offered condolences to their families. If not, why not? They were strong leaders who stood up for what they believed in and were prepared to die for it - the kind of qualities people admire in Margaret Thatcher...

If you condemed the celebration of their deaths too then hats off to you, I admire your morals, you are a better person than I can be.

I did not realize that Thatcher was a terrorist who murdered anyone who stood in her way.

There is blood on her hands - which she used for political gain.

So are you saying Thatcher is no better than Bin Laden or Hussein?

I did not realize that Thatcher was a terrorist who murdered anyone who stood in her way.

Whether someone is consider a terrorist depends purely on which side you are on - just as some consider Thatcher a hero, some consider Bin Laden and Hussein hero's.

My point is not to compare them but to say they are all human beings with families and loved ones, supporters and detractors. At what point does it become okay to celebrate a death?

As Newjez said there is blood on her hands and it is impossible to know the true extent of the deaths caused through poverty and despair.

Whether someone is consider a terrorist depends purely on which side you are on - just as some consider Thatcher a hero, some consider Bin Laden and Hussein hero's.

My point is not to compare them but to say they are all human beings with families and loved ones, supporters and detractors. At what point does it become okay to celebrate a death?

As Newjez said there is blood on her hands and it is impossible to know the true extent of the deaths caused through poverty and despair.

Yes but Bin Laden and Hussein were clearly mass murderers of the worst kind i really do not think Thatchers biggest critic could label her with them. You are right with your last point but to be fair you could say that about a lot of governments terms in office, there has been plenty of poverty and despair over the last 10 years.

Guest guest74886
You need to do some research. The biggest deregulation of the banking sector in the UK was the massive amendments to the Financial Services Act. Which was done under Blair.

I agree but she legitimised it as an acceptable lever of policy making that everyone subsequently tugged on harder and harder to try and make the merry go round go ever faster.

It was exactly the same way that she cut income taxes so that all subsequent taxation increases have been either NI or VAT increases which are the most unequal regressive forms of taxation , hitting the poorest harder rather than hitting the richest.

Edited by guest74886

read she was pretty cozy with Hussein?

Indeed.Actually gave support to him in the Iran/Iraq war...And called Mandela of South Africa a terrorist while selling out Rhodesia/Zimbabwe under Soames. Falklands sounded to me an act of desperation. Few I think at the time imagined it would have gone so far.

Her order to sink the Belgranno made sure not peacful solution would/could be reached. It turned out in her favour but could have been very different.

Was watching the Aussie Q and A and the news broke while was be aired and Germain Greer said sinking of begrano war crime and Al-Yamamah arms deals link below:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-09/reassessment-to-be-done-on-margaret-thatcher-says-greer/4617830

To many the sinking of the Belgrano was indeed a war crime. It appeared that the vessel was steaming away from the exclusion zone when sunk.

My ever lasting memories of the 70's are racing around the streets on my Raleigh Chopper....going to school in a pair of platform shoes and flares....My grandad making animal shadows on the walls using his hands to calm me, my brother & sister because we were all scared in our dark living room due to another powercut.....10 years old and going to the local corner shop for my mum and tutting "inflation" to the shop keeper, but not having much of an idea what it was and seeing rows of cars parked up outside the petrol station......ahhhhh great days!

I think thatcher was created out of a labour government that was just for one reason or another unable to run the country.....dictated by the unions?.....thats why she privatised everything.....she was trying to take control away from the unions that had been throttleing these companies and give the tax payer the chance to be a shareholder and earn money themselves.....there was also the cost and investment that was required to keep these huge organisations profitable....it worked for the telecoms industry (the 1st to go) prices came down, faults were repaired quickly and waiting lists for phones vanished.....the funny thing was that with labour so anti privatisation.....Blair succeded in ammending clause IV of the parties constitution so he didnt have to reverse privatisation and then with much fanfare won the 97 election.....the lengths some will go to, to get their hands on power.

The unions were slowly destroying the country and something had to be done, she did it.

Crap......she made so many villages into ghost towns with her pathetic hatred of the unions, she was a useless leader and only interested in her own importance.

Indeed.Actually gave support to him in the Iran/Iraq war...And called Mandela of South Africa a terrorist while selling out Rhodesia/Zimbabwe under Soames. Falklands sounded to me an act of desperation. Few I think at the time imagined it would have gone so far.

Her order to sink the Belgranno made sure not peacful solution would/could be reached. It turned out in her favour but could have been very different.

The Falklands was an act of desperation . By a military dictatorship that was having riots on its streets . There were two Exocet destroyers accompanying the belgrano , they could have saved the men in the water but chose to do a runner. There had already been air battles and fighting on South Georgia . After she was sunk the Argie navy stayed clear . I for one am glad we had a leader with more balls than some of the posters on here .

Guest Ptp113
The Falklands was an act of desperation . By a military dictatorship that was having riots on its streets . There were two Exocet destroyers accompanying the belgrano , they could have saved the men in the water but chose to do a runner. There had already been air battles and fighting on South Georgia . After she was sunk the Argie navy stayed clear . I for one am glad we had a leader with more balls than some of the posters on here .

Stick to what you know china, and it isn't military strategy or history.