Guest guest36187

I've just called the Immi Office to double check if they have received my documents submitted in Jan and Feb. After waiting time of more than 1 hour, I can finally reach them. The only answer they can say to you is "You have to wait and we will call you" X2 X3 X4 Xn, same answer for every single question I asked. 

I'm speechless now. :nah: We are working so hard and paying so much tax for the Government,  now paying for very high visa application fee and we ended up getting very unpleasant experience when dealing with them. They are not helpful at all. If anyone here wants to know how my feeling is like now, you can give it a try. :confused: 

Edited by TinaH

19 minutes ago, TinaH said:

I've just called the Immi Office to double check if they have received my documents submitted in Jan and Feb. After waiting time of more than 1 hour, I can finally reach them. The only answer they can say to you is "You have to wait and we will call you" X2 X3 X4 Xn, same answer for every single question I asked. 

I'm speechless now. :nah: We are working so hard and paying so much tax for the Government,  now paying for very high visa application fee and we ended up getting very unpleasant experience when dealing with them. They are not helpful at all. If anyone here wants to know how my feeling is like now, you can give it a try. :confused: 

Tina

Have you contacted PVC team 1 by email? A phone call is useless

I sent an email a few days ago to request a feedback on the progress and got a reply Saturday saying it is currently assessing up to 20/4/2015 and asked to wait until ours is due.

I personally reckon you should shoot them an email instead to calling hotline,

Your case is overdue now

Good luck and hope all going well with you very soon

25 minutes ago, whataday said:

Tina

Have you contacted PVC team 1 by email? A phone call is useless

I sent an email a few days ago to request a feedback on the progress and got a reply Saturday saying it is currently assessing up to 20/4/2015 and asked to wait until ours is due.

I personally reckon you should shoot them an email instead to calling hotline,

Your case is overdue now

Good luck and hope all going well with you very soon

At the beginning I thought call would be faster than email. They did say the processing time is 38-39 months, so if we are within that time frame we have to wait for them to contact us, full stop. No further answer they would give. 

I sent them 2 emails. One was in Jan and another one in Feb, I didn't get any response, not even auto reply email. 

Your reply on Sat was merely an auto reply from the system coz no one works on weekend???

6 minutes ago, TinaH said:

At the beginning I thought call would be faster than email. They did say the processing time is 38-39 months, so if we are within that time frame we have to wait for them to contact us, full stop. No further answer they would give. 

I sent them 2 emails. One was in Jan and another one in Feb, I didn't get any response, not even auto reply email. 

Your reply on Sat was merely an auto reply from the system coz no one works on weekend???

That reply was not auto one because there was a person's name and position number listed at the bottom of the email.

It was Saturday, which surprised me a bit.

Almost another 2 weeks since lase update from PVC team 1 on 13/03/2018

What is going on at the moment?! 

11 minutes ago, whataday said:

That reply was not auto one because there was a person's name and position number listed at the bottom of the email.

It was Saturday, which surprised me a bit.

Almost another 2 weeks since lase update from PVC team 1 on 13/03/2018

What is going on at the moment?! 

I don't really know what is going on now. There would be useless if the Immi update the processing date and application lodged before should not be assessed. 

5 minutes ago, TinaH said:

I don't really know what is going on now. There would be useless if the Immi update the processing date and application lodged before should not be assessed. 

I think the processing date is out of order now

Tina, keep it up and be positive and hope your parents will come to Australia very soon

Cheers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TinaH said:

Thanks @whataday  same to you. I'll keep you posted once I hear from the immi. 

TinaH and Whataday.... at least you have submitted docs etc.... our lodgement date is more or less the same as yours and we have heard nothing in 35 months, despite being told Visas are issued in lodgement date order (which we know is untrue) we have seen others get their visas issued with lodgement dates later than ours. One thing I have learned during this process is not to try and second guess immi...... It's a government department.... it is what it is and it will take as long as they want and we can't do a thing about it.

On a lighter note....Does anybody watch " Nothing to Declare "....... Am I the only person to shout at the TV when somebody tries to smuggle  a case load of dried food into Oz and they only get a $200 fine.

On another track...

I'm sure everyone from England is aware that when they move to Australia their UK state pension will be frozen. For those of you who think this is unfair there is a petition at https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-freezing-overseas-state-pensions you can sign..... not too sure if it will do any good but at least you would have done something to let the UK government know how you feel.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

TinaH and Whataday.... at least you have submitted docs etc.... our lodgement date is more or less the same as yours and we have heard nothing in 35 months, despite being told Visas are issued in lodgement date order (which we know is untrue) we have seen others get their visas issued with lodgement dates later than ours. One thing I have learned during this process is not to try and second guess immi...... It's a government department.... it is what it is and it will take as long as they want and we can't do a thing about it.

On a lighter note....Does anybody watch " Nothing to Declare "....... Am I the only person to shout at the TV when somebody tries to smuggle  a case load of dried food into Oz and they only get a $200 fine.

On another track...

I'm sure everyone from England is aware that when they move to Australia their UK state pension will be frozen. For those of you who think this is unfair there is a petition at https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-freezing-overseas-state-pensions you can sign..... not too sure if it will do any good but at least you would have done something to let the UK government know how you feel.  

What you mean by not hearing from them in 35 months? Did you receive the Preparation of documents email? Maybe the email address is incorrect or it went to Junk Mail?

We are living in Australia not some communist countries. We have the right to ask. I know Government is Government but Government staffs are still human and still can make mistake. As long as we don’t corrupt the system, it shouldn’t be a problem.

I suggest you should send them an email to ask about your situation. It will take at least 3 months for you to complete the AOS and other docs. 

9 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Well, that would include me, too!   I don't see why anyone should get offended about something that's a straight statement of fact.  We work all our lives and pay taxes to support the welfare system, then when we get old, we draw out of that system - because we've earned the right to do so.   That's how it works in both Australia and the UK.

That's fine when you're staying in the same system throughout, because that's how it's supposed to work.  What we're talking about here is when you leave the system, and move to someone else's system which you've never contributed to. 

Like you say, that's why you have to pay the contribution. And that's why I was saying, I can't imagine the Australian government reducing it.

I would like to add 2 points to the debate:

1) My son arrived in Australia in his late 20s as a fully fledged doctor and started work straight away. Up to that point Australia had paid absolutely nothing towards his health care, education and medical training but started benefiting from them straight away.

2) I am currently doing a course with the Open University on ageing and despite common perceptions about "old people" being a drain on society, studies have shown that during their 3rd age people tend to be net contributors to society through volunteer work, taking lead unpaid roles within society as well as often helping out with child care etc. It is only when, and if, people enter the 4th age that they need significant help and support and can therefore be seen as a drain on society. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wishfull said:

II am currently doing a course with the Open University on ageing and despite common perceptions about "old people" being a drain on society, studies have shown that during their 3rd age people tend to be net contributors to society through volunteer work, taking lead unpaid roles within society as well as often helping out with child care etc. It is only when, and if, people enter the 4th age that they need significant help and support and can therefore be seen as a drain on society. 

I've just been out walking with my University of the Third Age group.  Not one of us taking lead unpaid roles within society, we're all too busy taking a well-earned rest in our retirement.  Actually, I don't think there is anything wrong with being a drain on society in my third age - I've earned the right through having paid my taxes throughout my life.

Edited by Marisawright

I think this debate should be a new thread, as this thread is about parents applying for the parent visa supporting each other and exchanging useful help and advice. Seems to have been taken off track debating whether when you have been granted this visa you should be entitled to Medicare and eventually age care. 

It works both ways, people can go back to UK plus partners/parents who haven't lived there for years and are able to access the NHS, because the rules allow it in both countries.

So please start a new thread.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 3

My sincere apologies Ramot. I only intended to show that visa contributions are high so as to be comparable to what an Australian taxpayer may have paid over the years. I agree with you. From reading some other threads on this and other internet forums some people do go back and forth between UK and AUS and also gain dual citizenship as well. NHS is free so far and this has resulted in people from other countries also making use of it. But UK will probably take a leaf out of Australia’s  book and start charging if you haven’t contributed  

However yes let’s start a new thread. Any debate can carry on there.  As this thread is about parent visas I had assumed  on joining that usually posters would either be parents  their families or immigration agents all looking for or offering  help and support to other parent applicants. Other debates/questions can have a different thread - I noticed there are quite a lot here on Pomsin Oz. Although that name is a bit superfluous now as a lot of contributors are not Poms from UK just people from all over coming together to share their experiences help and support which I for one find invaluable. Thanks everybody! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TinaH said:

What you mean by not hearing from them in 35 months? Did you receive the Preparation of documents email? Maybe the email address is incorrect or it went to Junk Mail?

We are living in Australia not some communist countries. We have the right to ask. I know Government is Government but Government staffs are still human and still can make mistake. As long as we don’t corrupt the system, it shouldn’t be a problem.

I suggest you should send them an email to ask about your situation. It will take at least 3 months for you to complete the AOS and other docs. 

Apart from acknowledgement email 1/5/15 nothing..... some people were invited to submit docs early, some like us not so lucky.... Believe me  our email is correct ( we had to let them know our Son and his family moved out there in 2016  and we got an email to confirm they had received the update ). We did email them when we saw other people around our lodgement date submitting docs but just got a "fob off" email in return. Obviously we will chase up if we don't hear anything after they start processing after our lodgement date but at the moment it still stands at 20/04/15. 

8 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

My sincere apologies Ramot. I only intended to show that visa contributions are high so as to be comparable to what an Australian taxpayer may have paid over the years. I agree with you. From reading some other threads on this and other internet forums some people do go back and forth between UK and AUS and also gain dual citizenship as well. NHS is free so far and this has resulted in people from other countries also making use of it. But UK will probably take a leaf out of Australia’s  book and start charging if you haven’t contributed  

However yes let’s start a new thread. Any debate can carry on there.  As this thread is about parent visas I had assumed  on joining that usually posters would either be parents  their families or immigration agents all looking for or offering  help and support to other parent applicants. Other debates/questions can have a different thread - I noticed there are quite a lot here on Pomsin Oz. Although that name is a bit superfluous now as a lot of contributors are not Poms from UK just people from all over coming together to share their experiences help and support which I for one find invaluable. Thanks everybody! 

No need to apologise we have all gone  off thread at times.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

Apart from acknowledgement email 1/5/15 nothing..... some people were invited to submit docs early, some like us not so lucky.... Believe me  our email is correct ( we had to let them know our Son and his family moved out there in 2016  and we got an email to confirm they had received the update ). We did email them when we saw other people around our lodgement date submitting docs but just got a "fob off" email in return. Obviously we will chase up if we don't hear anything after they start processing after our lodgement date but at the moment it still stands at 20/04/15. 

I think you should ask now. Don’t wait. I remember read posts from someone has the same situation. They got the preparation email after chasing up. Don’t leave it till they assess your application. Send them an email and ask asap.

6 hours ago, Ray and Geri said:

On another track...

Yes, I have seen this too and have been amazed by some people with all their bags all full of food and no clothing or personal items. I also felt very sorry for the brit couple who saved for years for a holiday of a lifetime, and landed jet-lagged with a half eaten sandwich and an apple, and were fined the same as a woman a suitcase full of birds-nests and bugs (lots of shouting at the TV). 

And thank you for the petition info, I will be signing up.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ramot said:

I think this debate should be a new thread, as this thread is about parents applying for the parent visa supporting each other and exchanging useful help and advice. Seems to have been taken off track debating whether when you have been granted this visa you should be entitled to Medicare and eventually age care. 

It works both ways, people can go back to UK plus partners/parents who haven't lived there for years and are able to access the NHS, because the rules allow it in both countries.

So please start a new thread.

I do understand your point, but these issues are relevant to cpv and ncpv applicants on this thread.

There is a lot of waiting and thumb twiddling time for parents here, so letting off little steam and having a good old moan is not really getting in the way of much other stuff. In fact this thread can get very stale when immi is moving so slowly.

And most of these sideline topics don't last for long anyway. 

So I vote to keep everything here in one place, on condition that we always respect each others viewpoint.   

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Yes, I have seen this too and have been amazed by some people with all their bags all full of food and no clothing or personal items. I also felt very sorry for the brit couple who saved for years for a holiday of a lifetime, and landed jet-lagged with a half eaten sandwich and an apple, and were fined the same as a woman a suitcase full of birds-nests and bugs (lots of shouting at the TV). 

And thank you for the petition info, I will be signing up.

Don't get your hopes up with that Petition, similar petitions have been through various Courts over the years during the lifetime of governments of various hues and been thrown out thrown out time and time again, the last believe it got to the European Court.  Might happen one day -- we should live so long!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TinaH said:

just send email to parents@border.gov.au with no subject and you will know processing of all parent visas

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2017 at 12:01, Walker1 said:

Hello everyone!! I'm newbie in this forums, we logged in mid 2015 (173).! And want to know what are the chances of dependent child , in include this visa.!! And how to prove that.!!

thanks.!!:)

hi i applied same with dependent how old is your dependent ?have u got any reply?

On 7/24/2017 at 17:36, Amytran1 said:

Hi can anyone please help me with this 

We applied for 173 visa my sistet was 19 years old, the process took longer than ee expected now she 21 by the time she get her visa and come to australia she will turn 22 at the moment she still dependent on my parents

So my question is when we apply for 143 visa she prob will be 23 and by the time visa get approve she will be 24 to 25 will she still eligible and did she still have to be dependent on my parent as well

Also if my parent come and get wotk can they be their own guarantor . 

Thank you

after grant of 173 any one can apply 143 there is no age kind thing from 173 to 143

3 hours ago, Sadge said:

Don't get your hopes up with that Petition, similar petitions have been through various Courts over the years during the lifetime of governments of various hues and been thrown out thrown out time and time again, the last believe it got to the European Court.  Might happen one day -- we should live so long!

You never know Sadge....got to be worth a few seconds of our time to sign though eh.

• Like 1

On 27/03/2018 at 08:34, Ray and Geri said:

On another track...

Thanks for the site info to sign the petition......which I would love to sign but as I live in Spain at the moment and don't have a UK post postcode I am unable to sign on this site. Anybody know if there's a site that will let people without a UK postcde.

Really sad and worrying to hear you haven't had any communication from immi in 35 months! that doesn't sound right at all....do you have an agent or our you like us and doing the process yourselves? Finger crossed if immi do read these blogs that someone flags your case to the right department!!,Good luck 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Thanks for the site info to sign the petition......which I would love to sign but as I live in Spain at the moment and don't have a UK post postcode I am unable to sign on this site. Anybody know if there's a site that will let people without a UK postcde.

Really sad and worrying to hear you haven't had any communication from immi in 35 months! that doesn't sound right at all....do you have an agent or our you like us and doing the process yourselves? Finger crossed if immi do read these blogs that someone flags your case to the right department!!,Good luck 

I don’t think immi will have the time to go through our posts. ?

@Ray and Geri - you better contact immi to see what they say.