Guest guest36187

21 minutes ago, TinaH said:

@whataday ~ what's so funny? I'm so depressed now.

What can you do at this moment?? Being depressed can let PVC assess your case right now??

Be patient and you will be contacted by CO.  You have done what you could.

Sorry for you

There are a quite few applications like yours being held by PVC and not ready to release for final assessment.

We cant do anything at the moment and frustration only makes us feel worse and not worth to us. It is not fair.

We are currently waiting for applications lodged in Jan Feb March finalised first then PVC will consider ours. 

Edited by whataday
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, whataday said:

What can you do at this moment?? Being depressed can let PVC assess your case right now??

Be patient and you will be contacted by CO.  You have done what you could.

Sorry for you

There are a quite few applications like yours being held by PVC and not ready to release for final assessment.

We cant do anything at the moment and frustration only makes us feel worse and not worth to us. It is not fair.

We are currently waiting for applications lodged in Jan Feb March finalised first then PVC will consider ours. 

@whataday ~ I know I have to be patient but we can't really plan anything until we got the visa.  For selling house we need time, so it'll take at least 2-3 months for my parents to come here. 

"We are currently waiting for applications lodged in Jan Feb March finalised first then PVC will consider ours."  -> there was one roomies dated 9/4/15 already got assessed, and requested 2nd VAC so I don't think it's in chronological orders. It depends on your luck too. Agree?

4 minutes ago, TinaH said:

@whataday ~ I know I have to be patient but we can't really plan anything until we got the visa.  For selling house we need time, so it'll take at least 2-3 months for my parents to come here. 

"We are currently waiting for applications lodged in Jan Feb March finalised first then PVC will consider ours."  -> there was one roomies dated 9/4/15 already got assessed, and requested 2nd VAC so I don't think it's in chronological orders. It depends on your luck too. Agree?

The one lodged on 9/5/15 being requested 2nd VAC was purely luck. As far as I am aware, there was another application lodged at 1/4/2015 has been granted a few weeks ago! (Not in the forum) however most of applications lodged in April are waiting for CO and 2nd. I think it is purely the current management of visa 143 in term of the proceeding period at PVC Team1 .  It has been notified on DIBP website that current processing time for 143 is 38-39 months therefore ours will not be released to be finalised too soon I reckon. You are not the only one in this situation. I bet there are heaps of applications including mine are waiting for the next step (even thought all docs including AOS completed )  

After weeks, there must be a huge patch to be released. Towards the financial year, DIBP also wants to speed up. We are just those who are stuck btw 

10 minutes ago, whataday said:

The one lodged on 9/5/15 being requested 2nd VAC was purely luck. As far as I am aware, there was another application lodged at 1/4/2015 has been granted a few weeks ago! (Not in the forum) however most of applications lodged in April are waiting for CO and 2nd. I think it is purely the current management of visa 143 in term of the proceeding period at PVC Team1 .  It has been notified on DIBP website that current processing time for 143 is 38-39 months therefore ours will not be released to be finalised too soon I reckon. You are not the only one in this situation. I bet there are heaps of applications including mine are waiting for the next step (even thought all docs including AOS completed )  

After weeks, there must be a huge patch to be released. Towards the financial year, DIBP also wants to speed up. We are just those who are stuck btw 

I would say u both will be requested for 2nd VAC straight after Easter. Eventually it would be 36 months time frame to tuck applications up. At least u guys have your AoS so No need to worry much. Enjoy Easter then delete cookies from browser and  scroll down for tickets ? 

1 minute ago, Zaki said:

I would say u both will be requested for 2nd VAC straight after Easter. Eventually it would be 36 months time frame to tuck applications up. At least u guys have your AoS so No need to worry much. Enjoy Easter then delete cookies from browser and  scroll down for tickets ? 

Yours will be straightafter! 

So pleased had email from DIBP requesting 2nd vac payment? 2 days ago 21/3. As we are onshore we had to show plans to leave the country so have booked a trip to Bali on the 13/4 for a week, sent flight details to DIBP today . So not long now. ?

Good luck to everyone else in the waiting room ? Lorraine

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HarrisL16 said:

So pleased had email from DIBP requesting 2nd vac payment? 2 days ago 21/3. As we are onshore we had to show plans to leave the country so have booked a trip to Bali on the 13/4 for a week, sent flight details to DIBP today . So not long now. ?

Woohoo.  ???. You made it in just under 3 years.   Celebration time.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HarrisL16 said:

Wonderful news Lorraine. At last some movement!!

Have a great holiday in Bali and a best wishes for your future in Australia when you return to OZ. 

Edited by Wishfull
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HarrisL16 said:

@HarrisL16 ~ congratz and welcome to Australia!!! Super good news to end the week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarrisL16 said:

Congratulations ?????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarrisL16 said:

Congrats and good luck in Oz ?. We’re just waiting for August to come round...hope it’s sooner rather than later! ?

• Like 1

Post Bexit free movement of people between UK and Australia?

We have just had the news this morning about UK/EU agreement in the Brexit process. This is for the next 'Transition' phase but the UK will be free to negotiate new trade deals with countries like Australia. Which could be significant for future visa applicants.

All the signs are Australia will be looking for reduced visa friction for UK/AUS nationals and even the possibility of free movement.

Foreign Minister Julie Bishop says "High on Australia’s list of demands is improved visa arrangements"

Who knows if this will really happen, but it all sounds very promising.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 1

This isn’t really a new idea. Boris Johnson mooted it a few years ago as believe it or not Australians were having problems getting UK visas!! Both governments were in favour but at the time we were deeply entrenched in EU which did not permit  further free movement. 

It’s entirely feasible that rapid UK/Australia visas could go ahead.  Australia currently does offer preferential visas -   Chinese can get a 600 subclass frequent traveller visa. It’s only valid for 3 months visit  at a time BUT the visa itself  is valid for 10 years at a cost of $1050. 

Peter Dutton  is currently talking about fast tracking of visas on humanitarian grounds for South African farmers too. 

I suppose UK is one of the founders of “modern “ Australia - obviously a long long time after the First People - so hopefully the cementing of further links will happen. 

Given that although we will be able to make new deals, we can’t start them till after the transitional  period ending December 2020, so I expect many of us here will have already got their visas by then. 

I for one will however be slightly peeved after paying all that money if it ends up bring cheaper and easier to get to Oz in the future !!

On another topic I wonder sometimes if visa granting sometimes seems out of sync because although lodged within the same period some visas take a lot longer to process especially if the application is from a country which Australia deems  “high risk”? This could hold things up for others in the queue if they are  all supposed to be processed at the same time? I still think DIBP waits till 36 months before granting most cases so far!!

Australia is actually very aware of the problems with the visa delays. It’s also losing money not getting the visa charges !! This is why they are going to subcontract out most of the processing to private contractors and are presently awaiting bids. Peter Dutton says he currently doesn’t have the staff now and won’t  have the staff in future !

just my tuppence worth! ?

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1

Hi everyone,

I just want to ask when you submitted extra docs such as Police Cert, Form 80 and AOS acceptance letter to DIBP, did you receive any confirmation your documents were received? 

How do we know if immi actually received them?

Thank you.

Edited by TinaH