Guest guest36187

Update: We have everything completed and submitted. Just waiting for the request for 2nd VAC. 15th February immi acknowledged receipt of the AoS approval from Centrelink, we've heard nothing since. We know we have a case officer, she has been in contact. How long have others waited for the 2nd VAC request? 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TinaH said:

@IanS61 ~ at least you already have Case Officer? Now just waiting for them to request the 2nd payment. Why do you have to do Aus Police Check?

Not sure about CO, is one allocated when formal request for docs sent out ?

we had to do Aus police checks because we had been in Australia longer than 1 year ( cumulatively in the past 10 years )

12 hours ago, ant111 said:

I asked this too but got no reply. My app was 6/2/15 btw applied at Centrelink  for AOS 20/11/17 , no telephone interview  to date. We’ve called them . They say we’ll treat it as urgent but no reply then too. SIXTEEN weeks today since app. ??? THREE years 5 weeks since acknowledgement. 

Something is not right here and you can see other applicants around your lodgement date have already been processed.

If I were in your situation I would on the phone to Centrelink every day. Or better still, get your sponsor to call in person and just keep pushing.

It's now painfully clear Centrelink is in a big mess and you can't take anything for granted. Unfortunate you need to take action and keep calling until they do something.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Something is not right here and you can see other applicants around your lodgement date have already been processed.

If I were in your situation I would on the phone to Centrelink every day. Or better still, get your sponsor to call in person and just keep pushing.

It's now painfully clear Centrelink is in a big mess and you can't take anything for granted. Unfortunate you need to take action and keep calling until they do something.

Same things been going though. It's been nearly 11 weeks of my AoS. My sister visited Centrelink Rockdale Branch Twice Last week and Rang up in the noon But they are chanting only ' We have already sent reminder mail u gotta wait'. 

16 hours ago, IanS61 said:

Not sure about CO, is one allocated when formal request for docs sent out ?

we had to do Aus police checks because we had been in Australia longer than 1 year ( cumulatively in the past 10 years )

I think format request of document means you have already allocated to a case officer. You can see their name and position number at the end of the email. Usually they'll give you 28 days to submit extra documents and second VAC will be requested after that. 

Good luck to all of us. 

10 hours ago, Zaki said:

Same things been going though. It's been nearly 11 weeks of my AoS. My sister visited Centrelink Rockdale Branch Twice Last week and Rang up in the noon But they are chanting only ' We have already sent reminder mail u gotta wait'. 

Zaki, I thought your AOS was accepted on 23.12.17?

13 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Thanks Sussie, going to complain to Centrelink soon

3 hours ago, TinaH said:

Zaki, I thought your AOS was accepted on 23.12.17?

Hi Tina

Currently, there is a rumor that most of full applications (including AOS completed) will not be granted until 36 months up.

I am not sure whether it is the case but really hard to see any early settlement happening ATM.

1 hour ago, whataday said:

Hi Tina

Currently, there is a rumor that most of full applications (including AOS completed) will not be granted until 36 months up.

I am not sure whether it is the case but really hard to see any early settlement happening ATM.

@whataday ~ next month will be 36 months. So we'll hear some news after Easter maybe?

Where did you hear the rumor? If March applicants still didn't hear anything from DIBP then I don't think we will. 

1 hour ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Congratulations Ian we too had message from our agent yesterday asking for second VAC , we are off to the travel agent! as we are in Australia at the moment on the 12 month visa we have to leave to activate it once payment received .

@whataday @TinaH ??? Not so long now

• Like 2