Guest guest36187

2 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Congratulations Ian we too had message from our agent yesterday asking for second VAC , we are off to the travel agent! as we are in Australia at the moment on the 12 month visa we have to leave to activate it once payment received .

@nyorksgrannie ~ when did you get CO allocated? Did they just request 2nd VAC straightaway?

44 minutes ago, TinaH said:

@nyorksgrannie ~ when did you get CO allocated? Did they just request 2nd VAC straightaway?

Hi Tina, we didn’t the correspondence says pvc team, I think it is onshore visas that maybe get allocated a case officer, if you look at immi site you will see there is a difference in wording. Are you applying for 143 visa from UK as we did?

Good luck it won’t be long now so don’t stress about waiting for a case officer.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Hi Tina, we didn’t the correspondence says pvc team, I think it is onshore visas that maybe get allocated a case officer, if you look at immi site you will see there is a difference in wording. Are you applying for 143 visa from UK as we did?

Good luck it won’t be long now so don’t stress about waiting for a case officer.

@nyorksgrannie ~ we applied in Australia. I believe the procedure should be the same?

2 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Congratulations Ian we too had message from our agent yesterday asking for second VAC , we are off to the travel agent! as we are in Australia at the moment on the 12 month visa we have to leave to activate it once payment received .

Congratulations how exciting? We will be in the same situation as you if our visa is granted soon will be looking at Bali or NZ, where are you going? ✈️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Hi Ian, will know better after tomorrow, we had thought of going to NZ but think the weather might be too cold and wet now, we went to Bali in November so it might be Fiji this time depends on availability with Easter coming up.

@nyorksgrannie We went to Fiji in mid February in order to get our visa grant whilst being offshore. Boy! It was HOT, but the people are so friendly there! Just take some mosquito repellant with you if you go there or if you forget, they sell a local product made of lemon grass there which is excellent.  Enjoy!!

• Like 3

Hi Guys and Gals

I have updated my signature and hope it helps someone with the expected processing time, although it is only an indication since some folks who applied before us have not yet been granted their visas and I really have not been checking whether anyone who applied after us had been granted visas before us. We did EVERYTHING right from the request for medicals, police clearance and form 80 straight away after receiving the request,  without any delays.  Whether that helped at all, I can not tell.  All I know for sure, is that I never actually KNEW that we had been appointed a CO because we never received any communication that indicated that we had. It all came together so fast in the end that we were actually taken by surprise to say the least.

I hope for each and every one of you that you will be getting your visas pretty soon. It is so worth it,  being close to one's child/ren. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Congrats!!

7 hours ago, elnak said:

Hi Guys and Gals

I have updated my signature and hope it helps someone with the expected processing time, although it is only an indication since some folks who applied before us have not yet been granted their visas and I really have not been checking whether anyone who applied after us had been granted visas before us. We did EVERYTHING right from the request for medicals, police clearance and form 80 straight away after receiving the request,  without any delays.  Whether that helped at all, I can not tell.  All I know for sure, is that I never actually KNEW that we had been appointed a CO because we never received any communication that indicated that we had. It all came together so fast in the end that we were actually taken by surprise to say the least.

I hope for each and every one of you that you will be getting your visas pretty soon. It is so worth it,  being close to one's child/ren. 

We did everything as soon as requested but still waiting for AOS approval.  I know it is going to happen some time but it is very hard when people who applied after us are getting their visas.  Hey ho, keep smiling!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

We did everything as soon as requested but still waiting for AOS approval.  I know it is going to happen some time but it is very hard when people who applied after us are getting their visas.  Hey ho, keep smiling!

@Pertenhall ~ have you got formal request of documents from DIBP?  I'm sure you'll get the approval soon for AOS. It's about time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TinaH said:

@whataday ~ next month will be 36 months. So we'll hear some news after Easter maybe?

Where did you hear the rumor? If March applicants still didn't hear anything from DIBP then I don't think we will. 

According to a few applications I have noticed in the last two months. most of application wont be considered to be settled until up to 36 mths.

Whats more, have you noticed that a few applications which have completed and submitted all required docs are still waiting for next step?? Take a closer look, ,most of them are not up to 36 mths yet. 

Therefore, I am hoping my mum will be settled at the end of this month or early next month. Currently my mums been 35 mths since lodgement date.

• Like 2