Guest guest36187

4 hours ago, Ray and Geri said:

Our lodgement date is 23 4.15.... we have not heard anything from immigration.... immigration say visa's are issued in strict date order but you can see from some posts on PIO this is just not true.... Seems government departments are the same the world over and unfortunately we are all at their mercy. 

We certainly didn''t hear anything until the processing date advised by IMMI reached our submission date.  Hopefully it won't be too long until they move on to 23 Apr.

• Like 1

On 23/02/2018 at 18:12, SusieRoo said:

Yes, this is very unfair. It feels like they don’t follow any fixed plan and its just potluck when your case is processed.

Back in the day when the queue was only 12 months, none of this mattered, but now there is really a need for a fair and transparent, numbered queuing system.

We started this process when immi was stating 12 to 18 months, now they say 38 months. But now I fear it will take us 4 years and much longer for new applicants.

The Australian budget is coming around again soon and this is the time when the annual cap could be simply increased to reduce the queuing time (but I’m not holding my breath).

4 years and Prolly High  amount of VACs

• Like 1

On 20/02/2018 at 23:10, TinaH said:

@Pertenhall ~ even we have prepared all the documents but we still need to wait for our turn to be assessed. The thing that i'm worried about is the processing time may take up to 36 months now. Applications that lodged prior to 9th April 2015 were the lucky one. It didn't change since 1st Feb 2018, almost 3 weeks and the processing date is still the same. :arghh:

Yep,still the same todays email reply(26 feb )

up to  9 April ?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Yep,still the same todays email reply(26 feb )

up to  9 April ?

If it's any consolation the same happened at this time last year.  There was no movement from 31 Jan until 13 Mar 16 and then things started to pick up again - like it moved a month in 3 weeks!  Here's hoping!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

If it's any consolation the same happened at this time last year.  There was no movement from 31 Jan until 13 Mar 16 and then things started to pick up again - like it moved a month in 3 weeks!  Here's hoping!

Oh eck! Then it will be Easter closures ?

I’m  definitely going on a 600 now -house sold on open day to first time buyer so  in 10 12 weeks hopefully, everything crossed ??

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 3

On 2/23/2018 at 12:43, Zaki said:

@TinaH Or maybe after Easter ?

You could be right Zaki

It is more likely to be over 4 weeks before next update on the processing date.

PVC still working on the applications lodged in Jan Feb March 2015 due to AOS processing delay.

Currently, as far as I know,  PVC have invited some of  the applications lodged up to 15/06/2015 to prepare the documents in advance.

On 2/19/2018 at 14:54, Alan Collett said:

By contrast subclass 864 applications are moving again ... its not all about 143 applications at the PVC!   :)

Best regards.

I have to agree on that and accept the reality. Its not all about 143 because staffs at PVC team 1 also process 864 

Even thought I do not like the fact personally, beyond our hand, there are only limited number of staffs at PVC team 1. Sub 864 has not been updated for a long time so its time for 864 to move forward at the expense of delay of 143

6 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Oh eck! Then it will be Easter closures ?

I’m  definitely going on a 600 now -house sold on open day to first time buyer so  in 10 12 weeks hopefully, everything crossed ??

So pleased to hear your house has sold so quick and no chain, just what we are hoping for?. You'll be having cuddles soon with your grandchild ?

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2018 at 17:35, Zaki said:

Hi Tina, 

Same thing happened in August 2017?. Approximately for 40-45 days processing time did not roll up. First  It was 25th November 2014 then it jumped off to 10th December 2015 

Zaki

I am hoping we are lucky to have another big jump to speed up the processing.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 17:24, TinaH said:

Regarding the AOS, I suggest not "keep ringing AOS hotline" as it will slower the processing time. It's also stated in the pvc1 preparation email. Maybe the best way is to visit Centerlink office instead of keep calling??? In my opinion, average processing time will be 8-10 weeks depends on the situation. If your sponsor submits all the requested documents, they will call you for an interview very quickly. Financial capability of the sponsor is very important for the AOS to get approved. 

"Keep ringing AOS hotline" is purely personal option, based on the experiences from my friends,who applied VISA 143 for their parents, Actually,  it depends on when to ring and how to communicate with AOS hotline as well.  (I noticed that most of them got their AOS approval letter earlier than average processing time, Some of them got A/L within 4-6 weeks. ) . i do understand that more phone calls mean more work for them. But no call, no progress.  

Some of applications, who submitted all required docs at the time of lodgement at centrelink branch, no follow up call, it took up to 3 months or more to get A/L

Going to Centrelink branch could be another option.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, whataday said:

"Keep ringing AOS hotline" is purely personal option, based on the experiences from my friends,who applied VISA 143 for their parents, Actually,  it depends on when to ring and how to communicate with AOS hotline as well.  (I noticed that most of them got their AOS approval letter earlier than average processing time, Some of them got A/L within 4-6 weeks. ) . i do understand that more phone calls mean more work for them. But no call, no progress.  

Some of applications, who submitted all required docs at the time of lodgement at centrelink branch, no follow up call, it took up to 3 months or more to get A/L

Going to Centrelink branch could be another option.

I just found this comment posted yesterday on the SA forum. 

"My Son in Law applied for AOS on 13 Oct 2017. He visited CentreLink in Perth twice before and both times they saw that he was on their system.All good. We just had to wait. However, Yesterday he visited them again and they simply cant find any trace of his application"

So, I think the "Keep Ringing" idea is sound advice and don't assume everything is ok.

• Sad 2

Our sponsor lodged paperwork with Centrelink on 5/12/17 and after 12 weeks he went back to the office as we hadn't heard anything. They had sent a letter to an address 20 years old , never checked the details on the application form for the AOS . Luckily he got a very competent guy who emailed Canberra and low and behold within an hour our sponsor had the telephone interview. I will post further details as and when. 

Some information we gained was the contact should be within 8 weeks if this is helpful to anyone. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, HarrisL16 said:

Our sponsor lodged paperwork with Centrelink on 5/12/17 and after 12 weeks he went back to the office as we hadn't heard anything. They had sent a letter to an address 20 years old , never checked the details on the application form for the AOS . Luckily he got a very competent guy who emailed Canberra and low and behold within an hour our sponsor had the telephone interview. I will post further details as and when. 

Some information we gained was the contact should be within 8 weeks if this is helpful to anyone. 

So pleased to hear that you have had some progress.   It's 8 weeks today since our AOS was lodged.  Still no word yet.  Hopefully not long now.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

So pleased to hear that you have had some progress.   It's 8 weeks today since our AOS was lodged.  Still no word yet.  Hopefully not long now.

Lets hope this  Friyay not disappointe us any more and bring 'we are currently assessing applications lodged up and including 25TH APRIL 2015' 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

good information

9 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

@Pertenhall ~ I notice your lodgement date was 12.03.15. Have you been contacting by CO yet?  I believe they assess your application according to the lodgement date not the date of acknowledgement?

Edited by TinaH

5th March, which is next  Monday, is a public holiday at WA.

Hopefully, we can hear great news after that.

It has been a month since last update. What a periodical cycle of VISA 143 processing game according to historical data in the past.

• Like 2