Guest guest36187

On 16 February 2018 at 01:17, whataday said:

Hi TinaH

I think yours will be assessed by CO very soon. Currently, PVC 143 team 1 are still struggled to finalise applications btw Jan-March 2015 due to an unexpected processing procedure of AOS national team. your lodgement date was 14/04/2015 and all of requried docs have been completed so it should be able to process very quickly once CO assigned in next weeks.

Good luck with your journey 

Hi what was the unexpected  processing procedure of AOS national team for Jan-March 2015 please? I know the global processing times mention large numbers of applications in May and June 2014 and that's why the waiting times have lengthened but I wasn't aware early 2015 also had problems. 

I also read that 864 visa will no longer be dealt with as quickly which may add to 143 processing times lengthening again. Some agents are guessing it could stretch to 4 years soon.  I wonder if Australia is trying to get people to shell out for the 5 year visa instead first which includes having to take out private health insurance and no Medicare. Then they can send all the old people home at the end of it!! ??

After all as parents most of us will be older and Australia like other countries is concerned about the cost of future aged care - especially since we won't have been paying into the Medicare system.. Just a thought! 

Edited by LindaH27

4 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Hi what was the unexpected  processing procedure of AOS national team for Jan-March 2015 please? I know the global processing times mention large numbers of applications in May and June 2014 and that's why the waiting times have lengthened but I wasn't aware early 2015 also had problems. 

I also read that 864 visa will no longer be dealt with as quickly which may add to 143 processing times lengthening again. Some agents are guessing it could stretch to 4 years soon.  I wonder if Australia is trying to get people to shell out for the 5 year visa instead first which includes having to take out private health insurance and no Medicare. Then they can send all the old people home at the end of it!! ??

After all as parents most of us will be older and Australia like other countries is concerned about the cost of future aged care - especially since we won't have been paying into the Medicare system.. Just a thought! 

Whataday referred to "unexpected processing procedure in AOS national team"; that implies a problem with Centrelink, although I have no idea what that might be. AOS processing problems would obviously impact on the next stage of visa  processing at PVC though and we do know that there are delays with AOS in some areas. @whataday, do you know what the problem is with AOS at Centrelink?

32 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

21 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

Whataday referred to "unexpected processing procedure in AOS national team"; that implies a problem with Centrelink, although I have no idea what that might be. AOS processing problems would obviously impact on the next stage of visa  processing at PVC though and we do know that there are delays with AOS in some areas. @whataday, do you know what the problem is with AOS at Centrelink?

Hi Linda and Catlady

Thank you for your messages.

"Unexpected processing procedure of AOS" I referred was to try to explain why some of AOS applications were finalised very quickly the others were not the case even thought all of applications have provided all required docs to Centrelink. As far as I am concerned, Centrelink is the only party to COLLECT documents then pass them to AOS national processing team to make a decision on whether assuers are able to carry on 10 years responsibility in terms of any financial support obtained from gov etc. I have been watching the journey of a few applications of AOS in the last 6 months, due to various reasons (Frankly, I am not sure what they are because I do not work at Centrelink or AOS), All I have known are from online sharing experience: some of applications only takes 1-1.5 months to receive acceptance letter but some of applications take up to 3-4 months to finalise AOS. According to those online  experience, some of delayed cases are caused by imcompleted docs with Centrelink ( Centrelink did not check thru properly at the time of lodgement), some of cases are caused by overlooked by AOS processing team etc. The better way to ensure all going well with AOS is to keep ringing AOS hotline to keep all on the right track!! 

Regarding Medicare, who knows, it is not that easy to get rid of once people heavily rely on it :)

Hi, What acknowledgement if any do you get from the PVC when you send your Form 80 and police checks? I sent ours on December 1st and did not receive any acknowledgement but I've seen mentioned some did. Bupa notified us when they sent through our medical info and that was all we got . I'm not wit an agent BTW. Thanks

36 minutes ago, whataday said:

Hi Linda and Catlady

Thank you for your messages.

"Unexpected processing procedure of AOS" I referred was to try to explain why some of AOS applications were finalised very quickly the others were not the case even thought all of applications have provided all required docs to Centrelink. As far as I am concerned, Centrelink is the only party to COLLECT documents then pass them to AOS national processing team to make a decision on whether assuers are able to carry on 10 years responsibility in terms of any financial support obtained from gov etc. I have been watching the journey of a few applications of AOS in the last 6 months, due to various reasons (Frankly, I am not sure what they are because I do not work at Centrelink or AOS), All I have known are from online sharing experience: some of applications only takes 1-1.5 months to receive acceptance letter but some of applications take up to 3-4 months to finalise AOS. According to those online  experience, some of delayed cases are caused by imcompleted docs with Centrelink ( Centrelink did not check thru properly at the time of lodgement), some of cases are caused by overlooked by AOS processing team etc. The better way to ensure all going well with AOS is to keep ringing AOS hotline to keep all on the right track!! 

Regarding Medicare, who knows, it is not that easy to get rid of once people heavily rely on it :)

Regarding the AOS, I suggest not "keep ringing AOS hotline" as it will slower the processing time. It's also stated in the pvc1 preparation email. Maybe the best way is to visit Centerlink office instead of keep calling??? In my opinion, average processing time will be 8-10 weeks depends on the situation. If your sponsor submits all the requested documents, they will call you for an interview very quickly. Financial capability of the sponsor is very important for the AOS to get approved. 

1 hour ago, TinaH said:

Regarding the AOS, I suggest not "keep ringing AOS hotline" as it will slower the processing time. It's also stated in the pvc1 preparation email. Maybe the best way is to visit Centerlink office instead of keep calling??? In my opinion, average processing time will be 8-10 weeks depends on the situation. If your sponsor submits all the requested documents, they will call you for an interview very quickly. Financial capability of the sponsor is very important for the AOS to get approved. 

I agree that it's best to go into the Centrelink office (arriving first thing if possible to be first in the queue).  With regard to processing of the AoS, having all required AoS documents ready is obviously absolutely essential, but it will make no difference to the processing time unfortunately (see my own timeline).  There was even one case on here where the applicant waited 16 weeks - all down to inefficiency at Centrelink, which kept apologising for the delay and promising to prioritise the application and then not doing it.  From memory, I believe this happened three times.  Then there was a case where Staff at Centrelink forgot to countersign the form, and another case where staff received all the documents and signed to this effect but then forgot to upload the documents onto their system.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi Kath a few years ago I downsized to a smaller property. Whilst it was on the market I was due to go for my annual 3 month visit to Australia . My solicitor was very helpful and said that if it sold whilst I was away he could deal with everything via email, Fax etc and he would deduct his fees and estate agents fees from the final amount.  Also I  pre signed the contract but left it undated for the solicitor  to add once house was sold  

You need someone to read all the meters - gas electric and water on the final day and hand all the keys in. But if you have a good relation with your estate agent they could do all this for you as mine would although there may be an extra charge. Obviously they are available to help in the event of any problems in your absence  again at a cost.  My old neighbour emailed me to say some of my fencing had come down in bad weather so I was able to email my estate agent who arranged for repairs and added cost to final bill.

You would also need to take out unoccupied building insurance especially if property  is empty. . Firms only seem to quote on an annual basis but most will refund any unused whole months less an admin fee. You will have to pay council tax too until it's sold  - it's 50% discount for 6 months on empty properties the full rate after that if not sold.

So not quite the same scenario as you but yes it's entirely possible!  Just make sure the house is completely empty and don't forget to check the loft and any outside buildings. Oh and if time is of the essence don't forget the time difference - you may need to be prepared to send an email in middle of night!

Good luck!

• Like 4

On 2/7/2018 at 22:42, Nicole Eire said:

Great. Yes, got an email from the case officer informing of the amount- $87200 and just letting us know that we would receive a formal request as soon as we got the letter. Did the bank guarantee today.... so I think I just have to take that to Centrelink then tomorrow? But then what, wait for something from Centrelink?

@Nicole Eire ~ have u got granted the visa? 

8 hours ago, TinaH said:

@Pertenhall ~ our application date is very closed to each other. Have you got any news till now?

No - we are still waiting to have our AOS approved.  7 weeks now since we submitted everything.  You were one of the lucky ones I think who were asked to get their paperwork ready early.  We had to wait until 22nd Dec before we were asked to get things moving.  So although you submitted your application a month after us you were able to get your medicals, police checks and AOS completed at least a month ahead of us!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Hi Kath a few years ago I downsized to a smaller property. Whilst it was on the market I was due to go for my annual 3 month visit to Australia . My solicitor was very helpful and said that if it sold whilst I was away he could deal with everything via email, Fax etc and he would deduct his fees and estate agents fees from the final amount.  Also I  pre signed the contract but left it undated for the solicitor  to add once house was sold  

You need someone to read all the meters - gas electric and water on the final day and hand all the keys in. But if you have a good relation with your estate agent they could do all this for you as mine would although there may be an extra charge. Obviously they are available to help in the event of any problems in your absence  again at a cost.  My old neighbour emailed me to say some of my fencing had come down in bad weather so I was able to email my estate agent who arranged for repairs and added cost to final bill.

You would also need to take out unoccupied building insurance especially if property  is empty. . Firms only seem to quote on an annual basis but most will refund any unused whole months less an admin fee. You will have to pay council tax too until it's sold  - it's 50% discount for 6 months on empty properties the full rate after that if not sold.

So not quite the same scenario as you but yes it's entirely possible!  Just make sure the house is completely empty and don't forget to check the loft and any outside buildings. Oh and if time is of the essence don't forget the time difference - you may need to be prepared to send an email in middle of night!

Good luck!

Hi Kath, to add to what Linda said, when my mother died, once I had set everything up with the agent I was able to oversee the sale of the house without having to travel hours each time for viewings etc. It is possible to sign final documents electronically as long as the agents have a copy of your original signature. Good luck with it all.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Good luck!

Thanks v much !

3 hours ago, suelear said:

Hi Kath, to add to what Linda said, when my mother died, once I had set everything up with the agent I was able to oversee the sale of the house without having to travel hours each time for viewings etc. It is possible to sign final documents electronically as long as the agents have a copy of your original signature. Good luck with it all.

Thank you ! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, elnak said:

Hi Guys and Gals

Just wanted to let you know that we got our visa grant today. 

Thank you so very much for all your love and support troughout the whole process.

What fantastic news.  Many, many congrats.  I think it will still be a while before we can celebrate.  Still waiting for our AOS to be approved.   Enjoy every minute!

6 hours ago, elnak said:

Hi Guys and Gals

Just wanted to let you know that we got our visa grant today. 

Thank you so very much for all your love and support troughout the whole process.

Best of luck to you and your family.  Great to see things happening for so many, maybe we can all meet up at Uluru ! 

(or a bar in Perth city  )