Guest guest36187

31 minutes ago, MikenC said:

What’s the average time that Centrelink takes to ring your sponsor as I’ve been waiting six weeks now, which seems an awful long time for them to collate the information given to them 

It is hard to follow my case because of all the public holidays... but if it helps.. it took about 6 weeks.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2018 at 00:20, gafuk said:

Hi All,

Our saga is ongoing !! :rolleyes:  after having a test  to check for TB and waiting 8 weeks for the results, the Lab it seems got dates mixed up and we now have to do another one :mad: and wait another 8 weeks :arghh:      .

But I suppose its not that much more after the 3 year wait, worse could have happened .

Meanwhile, our daughter had her centrelink sponsor interview about 10 weeks ago and has heard nothing since?. Any idea what the current wait is, or should be ?

Gafuk. 

Sorry about all that you are going through. Hope it all soon works out.

Centrelink does seem to take a long time.

We are still waiting as well.

As long as we get there eventually, right?

Good luck mate.

• Thanks 1

On 03/02/2018 at 16:49, pmindia said:

In the case of the 173 visa, once a case officer is assigned how long would it be before the visa is issued? What does the timeline typically looks like?

Not many 173's here so dont hold your breath for a reply. 

Do you have to do the AOS as well?  (As with the 143) or will that be done at a later stage? 

Just curious.

On 31/01/2018 at 03:19, Wishfull said:

I believer that the following people have been contacted and are currently being "processed". Where are you currently in the process and are any of you anywhere near being asked for your 2nd VAC?

FEB 2015

Ant111, Elnak 

MAR 2015

MikeC, Pertenhall, Nicole Eire, Rahul Shankar, IanS61

APR 2015

nyorksgrannie, Harris L16, Zaki

After a flurry of activity at the end of last year, things seem to have gone awfully quiet.......

Paid AOS bond on 4 Jan 2018.  Nothing after that. Waiting... some more. Almost been 36 months now since we first applied.

You? @ant111 ?

• Like 1

On 05/02/2018 at 23:13, Kathss56 said:

No one has tried the new method yet. Presume this would be the quickest way !

I'm not so sure.

The PVC tends to grant visas within a business day or two of receiving a bank cheque by post (we send them by Express Post for our clients).

I'm not yet persuaded the Department's systems will pick up incoming BPay remittances that quickly.   Happy to hear otherwise!

Best regards.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elnak said:

Not many 173's here so dont hold your breath for a reply. 

Do you have to do the AOS as well?  (As with the 143) or will that be done at a later stage? 

Just curious.

No AoS requirement for 173 visa applications - the AoS is required when progressing to the 143 visa.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alan Collett said:

I'm not so sure.

The PVC tends to grant visas within a business day or two of receiving a bank cheque by post (we send them by Express Post for our clients).

I'm not yet persuaded the Department's systems will pick up incoming BPay remittances that quickly.   Happy to hear otherwise!

Best regards.

We paid a bank cheque through the Bpay system at Australia Post two years ago. We then had to leave the country while the visa was issued. I can't remember exactly how long it took, but they didn't hang around.  Bit of an anticlimax really ... All that waiting and worrying and then you get this insignificant looking email and there it is ... And you sit down and think "my God, we've done it". 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, elnak said:

Paid AOS bond on 4 Jan 2018.  Nothing after that. Waiting... some more. Almost been 36 months now since we first applied.

You? @ant111 ?

Hi Elnak I note you applied three weeks after us but your a month in front.. Daughter phoned Centrelink yesterday. As its over ten weeks since AOS app. They said it should be 8 weeks and that they'd escalate it. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2018 at 11:43, karu1 said:
On 2/6/2018 at 12:28, rahulshankar said:
Nearly 2 weeks since we submitted our final documents...still no word about the 2nd vac payment...

Rahul when did u submitted your application orginaly,

March 18, 2015 is our lodgement date.

We got a response from the PVC Team, 2nd VAC payment to be requested shortly apparently. Nearly there i reckon...

• Like 3

We got a response from the PVC Team, 2nd VAC payment to be requested shortly apparently. Nearly there i reckon...
Thank u & best of luck Rahul , we applied 5th December 2915. Which part of Australia u r hoping to settle.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

I'm not so sure.

Best regards.

We will test the BPay option if it exists as an option for us to pay and will let you know how it goes.

BPAY normally takes 1 business day to process, or in some cases less than that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, karu1 said:
1 hour ago, rahulshankar said:

Thank u & best of luck Rahul , we applied 5th December 2915. Which part of Australia u r hoping to settle.

Hi, visa is for my mother in law, she will be settling in Brisbane. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rahulshankar said:

We will test the BPay option if it exists as an option for us to pay and will let you know how it goes.

BPAY normally takes 1 business day to process, or in some cases less than that. 

Great - thanks.

Hopefully the Department's systems will allocate the incoming remittance to the application awaiting grant in the same time it takes to process a bank cheque.

Best regards.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2018 at 23:42, Lolly T said:

Good news we also heard from the parent visa centre yesterday asking us to submit Police checks, medicals, form 80 and AOS. 

Have you managed to submit your UK police checks? We tried to do ours Tuesday but when we got to payment, it wouldn’t take our debit cards. It seems that they are having problems with their payment provider. Their ‘contact page’ states that they have no idea when problem will be resolved! We have done our Australian ones, which were applied online and we heard the next day that certificates are on their way! All the UK police website suggests is to keep trying, which means filling in the form over and over again! We’ve been doing this for three days now, and now are having issues uploading proofs. 

Very frusted Geoff& Gill ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, Geoffandgill said:

Have you managed to submit your UK police checks? We tried to do ours Tuesday but when we got to payment, it wouldn’t take our debit cards. It seems that they are having problems with their payment provider. Their ‘contact page’ states that they have no idea when problem will be resolved! We have done our Australian ones, which were applied online and we heard the next day that certificates are on their way! All the UK police website suggests is to keep trying, which means filling in the form over and over again! We’ve been doing this for three days now, and now are having issues uploading proofs. 

Very frusted Geoff& Gill ?

We had to get Belgian and UK police checks. A simple email from me was followed up the very next day by The Belgian authorities, I uploaded two documents and the certificate arrived the following week, no charge, not even for postage. The UK police clearance was expensive, slow, and inflexible.  I really hope they sort you out soon, but if there's a delay let the AU immi know that it is caused by circumstances beyond your control. Last thing you need at such a stressed time. Good luck. 

• Like 2

We celebrate retiring to the Sunshine Coast 15 years ago today, we came on the old retirement visa and are now waiting for the 864 visa.

So just in case any of you prospective parent visa posters are concerned about how you will like your life here, we absolutely love it. Possibly the best thing we have done, and we have done plenty, might take a while to settle in, it's a new country after all but really hope you end up as happy as us.

Good luck everyone, hope those pesky visas come through quickly.

• Like 9

On 2/8/2018 at 14:30, Alan Collett said:

Great - thanks.

Hopefully the Department's systems will allocate the incoming remittance to the application awaiting grant in the same time it takes to process a bank cheque.

Best regards.

FYI, we received our request for the 2nd VAC. 

No mention of a BPAY option for us. Bank cheque or credit card only. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3