Guest guest36187

3 hours ago, whataday said:

Hi guys

I am new here.

Let me briefly share my journey so far.

Applied VISA 143 for my mum in 2015.

Lodgement date was 24/04/2015

Early invitation to commerce docs email received on 06/12/2017 ( AOS, Medical, police check and Health Check)

So far, all of those docs have been completed and acknowledged by PVC team 1 .

No CO assigned yet.

Received an email from PVC team 1 last month mentioning that my mum application will not be assessed ahead of others due to their strict policy even thought all of requested docs have been done. It was also advised in the email that ours will be more likely be assessed and finalised in the next 3-6 weeks

Cheers

All the best to all of us

@whataday ~ maybe put these details in  your signature??? I'll be easier to keep track?

• Like 2

@Kathss56 what's your best guess for our visa processing timeline?

I know we are both March 2016ers and I need to get husband to loose a stone before his medical (he says he is now going to become a vegan like all the millennials).

I'm thinking we could get our medical call late this year or early 2019, what do you think?

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

I know we are both March 2016ers and I need to get husband to loose a stone before his medical (he says he is now going to become a vegan like all the millennials).

I'm thinking we could get our medical call late this year or early 2019, what do you think?

Hopefully around the 33mth mark they will request it. But that brings us nearer to Xmas so fingers crossed they ask way before My medical will be done in Oz as hoping to go over in June 

Grandson  born today so I can’t wait to get there now!!!??

• Like 7

2 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

We are in our 34th month and heard nothing yet.... 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Hopefully around the 33mth mark they will request it. But that brings us nearer to Xmas so fingers crossed they ask way before My medical will be done in Oz as hoping to go over in June 

Congratulations! It's so exciting when grandchildren arrive.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Fantastic news Kath congratulations!

• Thanks 1

What’s the average time that Centrelink takes to ring your sponsor as I’ve been waiting six weeks now, which seems an awful long time for them to collate the information given to them 

It can take about 3 months. I waited 6 weeks and got my sponsor to ring them to get an update. We thankfully got a helpful lady who sorted it out within a few days. It’s worth giving them a polite nudge.
  • Thanks 1

On 14/02/2018 at 22:33, Ian Ireland said:

Thanks for the good report on PSS. We are waiting to do a video survey. That will be interesting!

Hi Ian

We used PSS and they were spot on. Their prices were also very good. Told us our goods would be here within 12 weeks from them picking them up and we received them 10 weeks later. Only extra cost to us was the customs charge ($250 I think). Highly recommend them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Congrats on the new addition Kath, beltin news

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Congratulations! That really is something to celebrate and another big reason to be in Australia ASAP.   

• Thanks 1

On 16/02/2018 at 04:21, whataday said:

I received this email middle Jan. By the way, this email was responded to me after I requested an early opportunity of assessment by CO. 

At least I know, there is no chance to receive an early assessment even thought all docs have been completed.

Sure thing TinaH, Here it is:

"Whilst we cannot assess this application ahead of time, by preparing the application for assessment through the provision of police clearances and the Form 80 (both received and awaiting assessment when allocated) and by undertaking medicals (results have come through and meet the requirement) and completing the Assurance of Support, this application should be able to be processed very quickly when it comes up for assessment by a case officer in the coming weeks / month or two."

Do all individuals on the 143 application form have to complete Form 80, or just the main applicant?

On 2/16/2018 at 06:55, whataday said:

Hi guys

I am new here.

Let me briefly share my journey so far.

Applied VISA 143 for my mum in 2015.

Lodgement date was 24/04/2015

Early invitation to commerce docs email received on 06/12/2017 ( AOS, Medical, police check and Health Check)

So far, all of those docs have been completed and acknowledged by PVC team 1 .

No CO assigned yet.

Received an email from PVC team 1 last month mentioning that my mum application will not be assessed ahead of others due to their strict policy even thought all of requested docs have been done. It was also advised in the email that ours will be more likely be assessed and finalised in the next 3-6 weeks

Cheers

All the best to all of us

Hi,

I am just behind ya ! Still waiting for the phone from centralink. 

Expecting bliss of 2nd Vac after Easter ?

Zaki

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2018 at 15:15, Kathss56 said:

Congratulations on the birth of your grandson, you must be delighted. Our granddaughter is now 13 months old and although Skype and photos keep us in touch we long to be fully a part of her life as I am sure you want to be with your grandson. Hopefully not too long now.

I have a query about the AOS process that I hope someone will be able to answer for me. If the sponsor goes to Centrelink in person and provides proof of identity and proof of ability to be a sponsor why does there need to be a further phone call to the sponsor? It would appear that it is this part in the process that is causing the log jam. What further questions are asked during the phone call that cannot be dealt with at the original meeting? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zaki said:

Hi,

I am just behind ya ! Still waiting for the phone from centralink. 

Expecting bliss of 2nd Vac after Easter ?

Zaki

Hi Zaki

happy that we are on the same boat

hopeing PVC will have a big move next week to put the date forward further 

keep updated and all the best 

cheer

Peter

• Like 1

The person at Centrelink who receives the documents probably doesn't have the time to go through everything to assess it there and then, and may not be qualified to carry out the assessment.  With the interview, from what I understand, it's a bit like when you ring your bank etc and have to listen to a long spiel while you wait patiently - the phone 'interview" is mainly about impressing on the assurer their duties and responsibilities as an assurer and making sure they understand it all, because it is actually a big responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

The person at Centrelink who receives the documents probably doesn't have the time to go through everything to assess it there and then, and may not be qualified to carry out the assessment.  With the interview, from what I understand, it's a bit like when you ring your bank etc and have to listen to a long spiel while you wait patiently - the phone 'interview" is mainly about impressing on the assurer their duties and responsibilities as an assurer and making sure they understand it all, because it is actually a big responsibility.

Thank you, that clarifies things for me. :)

• Like 1

PROCESSING CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2017-18 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing time for these is expected to exceed 30 months.

·        OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 09 April 2015.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whataday said:

PROCESSING CONTRIBUTORY PARENT VISAS

In the 2017-18 Migration Programme year, 7175 Contributory Parent visa places are available for applicants applying from in and outside Australia.  Due to high numbers of Contributory Parent visa applications lodged in May and June 2014, processing time for these is expected to exceed 30 months.

·        OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including but not limited to, Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 09 April 2015.

Thanks @whataday ~ it's been more than 2 weeks already and no change.