Guest guest36187

10 minutes ago, Roger Vanstone said:

All these comments are from 2010. Am I doing something wrong. O I get currant info. Thank you

maureen

Hi Maureen

This thread (topic) began in 2010. It's over 600 pages long. Page 1 is from 2010, comments from 2018 start around page 606. If you look at the top of this topic, you can jump to the start or end using the arrows <<  >>  or where is says page xxx of 621 click on the down arrow and enter a page number and click go. 

2018-02-22_9-14-59.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Thank you! Guess I will just have to try and see. If it says must not enter after 3 May do you have  to leave by then or can you stay if entered before. 

I get confused just with my e- visitor! Its says 3 months at a time but must not enter after a certain date - does that mean if I  enter before that date I can stay a  further 3  months?

Yes, the date given is the last date you can enter and you will then have 3 months from that date.  Note that the 600 visa which you previously referred to is different to the e-visitor visa.  It’s a pay for one, whereas the e-visa is free.  Not expensive though, less than £100. I, like Geoff and Gill , was allocated a multientry one with 12 month max stay at each re-entry point.  It does seem to be a bit of pot luck re whether immi allocate that one or whether they specify 12 months in 18.  We have debated this before on this forum and haven’t  been able to come up with a definitive reason as to why one is allocated over another.  All you can really do is apply and EE what you get. Good luck!

• Like 1

Thank you for that. It clears up a doubt in my mind as I always thought I had to leave the country before that date. I’m leaving Oz in a  week or so and some time  after I get home I will apply for the 600 and see what I get. Although I may leave it till towards the end of the year as I don’t know when I’m likely to get my visa having only applied in June last year and the processing times seem to be getting longer  

One further question ! I’ve been making regular annual visits to  Oz since December 2009 so it’s highly likely that adding all the months up would actually come to a year so I’m assuming that I would need Australian police clearance as well? 

Im actually more concerned about the medical - after all I will be nearly another 3 years older and no one see the future! 

Whats the oldest age anyone on here has been granted a visa??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Thank you for that. It clears up a doubt in my mind as I always thought I had to leave the country before that date. I’m leaving Oz in a  week or so and some time  after I get home I will apply for the 600 and see what I get. Although I may leave it till towards the end of the year as I don’t know when I’m likely to get my visa having only applied in June last year and the processing times seem to be getting longer  

One further question ! I’ve been making regular annual visits to  Oz since December 2009 so it’s highly likely that adding all the months up would actually come to a year so I’m assuming that I would need Australian police clearance as well? 

Im actually more concerned about the medical - after all I will be nearly another 3 years older and no one see the future! 

Whats the oldest age anyone on here has been granted a visa??

You probably will need Oz police check. Especially if you go over on a 600 for quite a few months. I’m going to get one when I go on a 600

• Thanks 1

On 21/02/2018 at 07:54, TinaH said:

@Zaki ~ did they say in the auto reply email "DUE TO HIGH NUMBERS OF 143 VISA APPLICATIONS IN MAY AND JUNE 2014", how come November and Dec 2014 were affected as well?

I think this is still just the knock-on affect from all the extra application when the old 103/804 visas streams closed.  

I have drawn up this chart to show how many people are queuing each year and you can see how there is now over five years wait for this years applicants. 

(This data is calculated for immi’s year-end reports)

5a8ea701ba9a6_ContributoryParentQueue(YearonYear).thumb.png.b21a158b77222e153b74cd2e768c93c0.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Feb 16th. It’s not getting any quicker that’s for sure ?

BC477539-1AA2-4A04-9326-6D0525AD02B2.thumb.jpeg.48c6738201417f52ddb81051968e2469.jpeg

13 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

I think this is still just the knock-on affect from all the extra application when the old 103/804 visas streams closed.  

I have drawn up this chart to show how many people are queuing each year and you can see how there is now over five years wait for this years applicants. 

(This data is calculated for immi’s year-end reports)

5a8ea701ba9a6_ContributoryParentQueue(YearonYear).thumb.png.b21a158b77222e153b74cd2e768c93c0.png

So why didn’t they fulfil their obligations of 7175 places for  some of the years. Surely this needs looking at by immi? 

I believe centrelink is having massive problems including Australians as well as would be immigrants   They have apparently subcontracted over 250 jobs out to a private firm. From my time in local government I know that doesn’t always work - people need training,  have no wider experience and invariably are more expensive. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

So why didn’t they fulfil their obligations of 7175 places for  some of the years. Surely this needs looking at by immi? 

I believe centrelink is having massive problems including Australians as well as would be immigrants   They have apparently subcontracted over 250 jobs out to a private firm. From my time in local government I know that doesn’t always work - people need training,  have no wider experience and invariably are more expensive. 

I recommend that you ask your family member/s is Australia to ask his/her/their local MP this question, and request that they take up the matter with the Minister's Office.

Multiply the shortfall in the number of visa grants by the amount of each 2nd VAC.   It's not a small sum.

Best regards.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

So there wont be any updates on processing time until March then.

I recommend that you ask your family member/s is Australia to ask his/her/their local MP this question, and request that they take up the matter with the Minister's Office.
Multiply the shortfall in the number of visa grants by the amount of each 2nd VAC.   It's not a small sum.
Best regards.

Yess.!! Great idea.!
  • Like 1

Just a quick update. All docs now submitted and waiting for the request for 2nd VAC, hopefully not long now !

rahulshankar lodged the day before me and was granted visa on 15-02-18

one thing to note - the AOS process with centerlink is a nightmare, my son paid the bond on 14-12-17 we were told to expect confirmation letter shortly, but this hadn't arrived by

the end of January 18, my son rang them and they said it had been sent out on 20-12-17. it had got lost in post, a new copy was received 07-02-18

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, IanS61 said:

Just a quick update. All docs now submitted and waiting for the request for 2nd VAC, hopefully not long now !

one thing to note - the AOS process with centerlink is a nightmare, my son paid the bond on 14-12-17 we were told to expect confirmation letter shortly, but this hadn't arrived by

the end of January 18, my son rang them and they said it had been sent out on 20-12-17. it had got lost in post, a new copy was received 07-02-18

I didnt receive the confirmation letter from Centerlink by post. It's in my Centerlink online account. Usually it only takes 1 week for the confirmation letter to be sent to us after the bond has been lodged with CBA. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TinaH said:

I didnt receive the confirmation letter from Centerlink by post. It's in my Centerlink online account. Usually it only takes 1 week for the confirmation letter to be sent to us after the bond has been lodged with CBA. 

That's the problem - there's no conformity. My daughter expected to receive communications to her online account but they arrived by snail mail instead.  People need to keep checking both their online account and their postbox. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IanS61 said:

Admin - I think we need an angry emoji ??

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I think the main reason they missed 957 cpv places last year was because of Centerlink not being able to keep up. This is probably why we are also seeing some people getting asked to prepare their documents well in advance of the official processing date.

Also the sponsorship process is going to get even more complicated when the new legislation comes into effect. I read that you will then need to get sponsor approval before even applying for your visa (for future applicants).

Sadly I suspect we will see processing times increases to 42 months by the end of the year

The new temp visas are going to be a good alternative to a 600 visa, without the worry of having leave before getting the full CPV.

Edited by SusieRoo

Just now, SusieRoo said:

I think the main reason they missed 957 cpv places last year was because of Centerlink not being able to keep up. This is probably why we are also seeing some people getting asked to prepare their documents well in advance of the official processing date.

Also the sponsorship process is going to get even more complicated when the new legislation comes into effect. I read that you will then need to get sponsor approval before even applying for your visa (for future applicants).

Sadly I suspect we will see processing times increases to 42 months by the end of the year

The new temp visas are going to be a good alternative to a 600 visa, without having to worry of having leave before getting the full CPV.

I hear what you say but by asking people to get their documentation prepared beforehand is exacerbating the problem with getting AOS approval.  People are obviously submitting their AOS paperwork as soon as they are advised to start preparing documentation which is creating an even bigger log jam for those of us who weren't asked to prepare in advance.  People who submitted their visa application after us were asked way back in October to start preparing their documentation.  This they did (including submission of AOS paperwork) and as a result they now have their visas. We, on the other hand, are still waiting for AOS approval as we were not asked to submit until 22 Dec and our paperwork went to Centrelink on 3rd Jan.  Frustrating is certainly one word for it!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

I hear what you say but by asking people to get their documentation prepared beforehand is exacerbating the problem with getting AOS approval.  People are obviously submitting their AOS paperwork as soon as they are advised to start preparing documentation which is creating an even bigger log jam for those of us who weren't asked to prepare in advance.  People who submitted their visa application after us were asked way back in October to start preparing their documentation.  This they did (including submission of AOS paperwork) and as a result they now have their visas. We, on the other hand, are still waiting for AOS approval as we were not asked to submit until 22 Dec and our paperwork went to Centrelink on 3rd Jan.  Frustrating is certainly one word for it!

Yes, this is very unfair. It feels like they don’t follow any fixed plan and its just potluck when your case is processed.

Back in the day when the queue was only 12 months, none of this mattered, but now there is really a need for a fair and transparent, numbered queuing system.

We started this process when immi was stating 12 to 18 months, now they say 38 months. But now I fear it will take us 4 years and much longer for new applicants.

The Australian budget is coming around again soon and this is the time when the annual cap could be simply increased to reduce the queuing time (but I’m not holding my breath).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Our lodgement date is 23 4.15.... we have not heard anything from immigration.... immigration say visa's are issued in strict date order but you can see from some posts on PIO this is just not true.... Seems government departments are the same the world over and unfortunately we are all at their mercy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2