Guest guest36187

Hi

our removal company who partner with Anglo Pacific export packed, wrapped and listed our belongings on a inventory (apparently they can do caravans too). They then took everything up to their store awaiting our instructions to ship. Storage is charged weekly and we did insurance through Letton Percival as their rates were much better. We filled in all the paperwork required (not much) and then waited and waited and waited and waited until finally when we got the AOS accepted we instructed our removal company to order the container and get a shipping date. We had had an email back in September from our case officer saying that we would go straight to 2Nd VAC once the AOS was accepted. You can imagine our frustration when Centrelink took over 9weeks to process the paperwork, not to mention the extra expense we have incurred on storage simply because their staff forgot to upload docs. I,m trying to forget the AOS process as I really thought we would never sort it out but unfortunately it's still a bit of a sore point.....nurse says I,ll get my sense of humour back soon ha ha....

Julie

Thanks for the info, hopefully we will be neighbours this time next year as back in September we purchased a plot at Diggers Rest and building should start June/July 17!

Geoff and Gill

Hi All

After an epic with Centrelink and don't even mention the troubles we had with Commonwealth Bank, we finally got our AOS approved and acceptance letter was collected on Tuesday. The wifi at our daughters house has been out of action for a week now so we hauled the laptop down to the local shopping centre for some free wifi and uploaded the letter to IMMI. Within one hour we had a reply saying pay up please!!!!! Sod's law we just missed the bank by 2mins and had to wait until the following day to send off our cheque. The sun is now shining Mr Telstra has been to sort out the wifi and I can now book our flights to go offshore next week. To all those still waiting good luck with the AOS it is without doubt the biggest pain in the bum and enough to drive anyone to the edge.

great to see the date is moving forwards now....... any news Sadge and Tien?

Julie

Woo hoo - at long last ! Congratulations Julie :jiggy:

Hello,

Are there any August/ September 2014 lodgers? I think after Geordie joe out of the waiting room , there is no one else on this forum until Catlady and Clerk85 in October . So so we won't be able to do our own tracking!! I hope the actual applications at immi is also comparatively low. ( I know - fat hopes)

Cheers ,

judy

Hi everyone

Thought it was time I joined the forum ( now I know it exists!) as my husband and I lodged our application on 5th Dec 2014.

Obviously we thought we would now be very close to getting our 143 visa, or even possibly have had it granted by now, working on the 18-24month estimate given at the time but it's apparent that's not going to happen!

We've been living on and off in Mount Martha, on the Mornington Peninsula for the last three years, taking breaks away when necessary for our visa. We're currently waiting out the last few months in Spain but like all of you, can't wait to (hopefully!) be permanently settled, and get on with our lives in Australia and be with our family.

Cheers

Brenda

Hi All

After an epic with Centrelink and don't even mention the troubles we had with Commonwealth Bank, we finally got our AOS approved and acceptance letter was collected on Tuesday. The wifi at our daughters house has been out of action for a week now so we hauled the laptop down to the local shopping centre for some free wifi and uploaded the letter to IMMI. Within one hour we had a reply saying pay up please!!!!! Sod's law we just missed the bank by 2mins and had to wait until the following day to send off our cheque. The sun is now shining Mr Telstra has been to sort out the wifi and I can now book our flights to go offshore next week. To all those still waiting good luck with the AOS it is without doubt the biggest pain in the bum and enough to drive anyone to the edge.

great to see the date is moving forwards now....... any news Sadge and Tien?

Julie

Hi Julie. many many congratulationssss. We sent immi more evidences to prove my dependency as they requested since the beginning of month. hopefully we will get all sorted out next week. my case is more complicated :(

Hi Alan

we have just paid the 2nd VAC and have booked our flights to NZ departing on Tuesday night, so I'm propped up against the waiting room door waiting to go.........

it's such a relief, we can now get on with our lives, bought a new car and now house hunting. House prices are rising so rapidly here we have decided to take a hit on the exchange rate and buy something now. Shipping container leaves UK on 5th Dec so no pressure to find anything! Feeling so much better now we are about to exit the waiting room.

Julie

Fantastic news Julie! So pleased it has all come together for you-such great news x

Hi everyone

Thought it was time I joined the forum ( now I know it exists!) as my husband and I lodged our application on 5th Dec 2014.

Obviously we thought we would now be very close to getting our 143 visa, or even possibly have had it granted by now, working on the 18-24month estimate given at the time but it's apparent that's not going to happen!

We've been living on and off in Mount Martha, on the Mornington Peninsula for the last three years, taking breaks away when necessary for our visa. We're currently waiting out the last few months in Spain but like all of you, can't wait to (hopefully!) be permanently settled, and get on with our lives in Australia and be with our family.

Cheers

Brenda

Hi Brenda

Great to see someone else in the Mt Martha area, thought I was the only one! Good luck with the waiting I know it is very hard but it appears that things are moving forward now.

Julie

Hi

I know I am a long way from having to deal with my AOS, but I wanted to take advantage of the expertise of those of you who have had experience before you leave the waiting room.

Once you have been to Centrelink and lodged your forms, if I understand it correctly they then ring your sponsor to interview them. Do they arrange a time for this or just ring randomly? My son is a doctor so is obviously not always available during the day to take calls. From people's posts this seems to be the most fraught area once you get assigned a CO so want to be prepared as possible.

Many thanks

Hi Wishfull

Your son will get a call (no caller identity) at any time, no notice given. If they can't contact him by phone they will send him a letter asking him to call.

Julie

Julie,

I would like to know once you were contacted by the CO, other than the docs requested from the parents, what type of documents were requested from your son/daughter who is the sponsor. eg, pay slips, bank statements etc....??

cheers

Judy.

Hi Julie. many many congratulationssss. We sent immi more evidences to prove my dependency as they requested since the beginning of month. hopefully we will get all sorted out next week. my case is more complicated :(

Hi Tien, please kindly advise what evidence was required from IMMI to prove the applicant's dependency

Hi, to prove dependency, Immi asked to provide:Evidence can include:

o Details of the source and amount of the dependent’s income from work/pension/government assistance as well as total amounts of money provided by the applicant in that same period;

o Bank transactions of both me and my dad.

o Receipts for payments the applicant has made on behalf of the dependent for their accommodation/study etc.

* Details of full time study to prove that until this stage, I am still a full time student.

I have to admit this is a very difficult process and hope everything will be fine. I will keep it updated.

Hi Wishfull

Your son will get a call (no caller identity) at any time, no notice given. If they can't contact him by phone they will send him a letter asking him to call.

Julie

Thanks Julie

It isn't the most streamlined or customer focused process is it? I suspect we will end up waiting for the letter and then my son will have to call - building in yet another delay. Ah well it will all be worth it in the end.

Hopefully once you go offshore you will finally get your visa granted. So close now!

Hi Brenda,

We're doing it the other way round. We leave Spain in two weeks, having been here for 11 years and take up 1 year 600 visa multi entry. We are based Sunbury Vic, know Mount Martha well. Small world 'eh

It certainly is! We lived in Ibiza for 10years before our stay in Australia. You're moving there at just the right time, I'm missing the Oz summer..it's rained non stop for the last week in Marbella!

Hi Brenda

Great to see someone else in the Mt Martha area, thought I was the only one! Good luck with the waiting I know it is very hard but it appears that things are moving forward now.

Julie

Hi Julie

It's a lovely area isn't it, we love it there.

You're so close now, you must be feeling so relieved, hope all goes well for your final stage!

Brenda

Julie,

I would like to know once you were contacted by the CO, other than the docs requested from the parents, what type of documents were requested from your son/daughter who is the sponsor. eg, pay slips, bank statements etc....??

cheers

Hi ,My recollection of the AOS procedure is that our daughter ,the sponser, had to submit evidence of earnings etc to Centrelink in order for them to approve the application. Centrelink then informed Immi that the application had been approved and that the Bond had been deposited with the Commonwealth Bank

Hope this helps

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Hi ,My recollection of the AOS procedure is that our daughter ,the sponser, had to submit evidence of earnings etc to Centrelink in order for them to approve the application. Centrelink then informed Immi that the application had been approved and that the Bond had been deposited with the Commonwealth Bank

Hope this helps

Note that the Assurer does not have to be the same person as the Sponsor, and does not even have to be a member of the visa applicant's family (though usually is).

Best regards.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote