Guest guest36187

Hi

I have my mum who is 84 over here on 804 class she has brought into a retirement village and is very happy she has been here for 13 month gets her medicare as she is from UK. I went through an agent over here that was very helpful it cost my mum about $6000.

Hope this help

Nicki

Hi

I have my mum who is 84 over here on 804 class she has brought into a retirement village and is very happy she has been here for 13 month gets her medicare as she is from UK. I went through an agent over here that was very helpful it cost my mum about $6000.

Hope this help

Nicki

If she is on a 804, wouldn't she have medicare direct? If she is on a bridging visa, would be interested to know how the system works for non permanent-residents?

No progress with the processing dates this week - still showing 27th July. Please don't slow right down again.

Hi been so busy but have kept an eye on the mail. We have sold up and come to Canberra until we hopefully get our pr. So pleased for all the people that have escaped the waiting room. Especially Julie who has been an inspiration to us all. Disappointed that the date has stayed the same as last week. Hoping it was going to really move on. We shall see.

Hi been so busy but have kept an eye on the mail. We have sold up and come to Canberra until we hopefully get our pr. So pleased for all the people that have escaped the waiting room. Especially Julie who has been an inspiration to us all. Disappointed that the date has stayed the same as last week. Hoping it was going to really move on. We shall see.

Hi

Thank you for your lovely comments I hope the date moves on quickly for you and that the traffic jam of applications doesn't happen again.

Now that we have our PR there is still loads to do. Medicare applied for, awaiting tax file numbers so we can change our migrant bank account and get better interest and credit cards, awaiting this that and the other! Blimey I'm in another waiting room! :biglaugh:

Julie

Hi Julie

As I'm still stuck in the UK for family reasons (yet another waiting room - have visa can't move!!!) we are trying to sort out lots of the paperwork ahead of time, also get our heads round what we have to do when we arrive.

I'm particularly interested in the application of Aussie income tax. We've already had a breakdown of our tax situation from an advisor (thank you Alan Collett for your great service) so I'm gatherin the info we need for Tax reduction on our pensions, but I'm really unclear about the timeline for actually paying anything.

Do do you go to a tax office and 'sign on' in some way, or do they contact you or what? Similarly Medicare ... any pointers gratefully received - the better prepared we are the more time (and possibly money) it may save us later!

Hi

Thank you for your lovely comments I hope the date moves on quickly for you and that the traffic jam of applications doesn't happen again.

Now that we have our PR there is still loads to do. Medicare applied for, awaiting tax file numbers so we can change our migrant bank account and get better interest and credit cards, awaiting this that and the other! Blimey I'm in another waiting room! :biglaugh:

Julie

Hi Julie

As I'm still stuck in the UK for family reasons (yet another waiting room - have visa can't move!!!) we are trying to sort out lots of the paperwork ahead of time, also get our heads round what we have to do when we arrive.

I'm particularly interested in the application of Aussie income tax. We've already had a breakdown of our tax situation from an advisor (thank you Alan Collett for your great service) so I'm gatherin the info we need for Tax reduction on our pensions, but I'm really unclear about the timeline for actually paying anything.

Do do you go to a tax office and 'sign on' in some way, or do they contact you or what? Similarly Medicare ... any pointers gratefully received - the better prepared we are the more time (and possibly money) it may save us later!