Guest guest36187

Hi All

Looking for some advice and guidance in regards to an application for a 864 contributory parental visa. As part of the

application process I have completed the two required forms 47PA & 40SP . However I had two questions regarding

the application.

• Form 47PA asks for evidence that the sponsor is a “settled Australian citizen or permanent resident”

I have included a certified copy of my permanent residency visa (Resident Since Dec 2013) Is this sufficient?

Or is it required or recommend to provide any additional background information or a covering letter providing

additional evidence? Such as rental agreements, letter from employers, car purchase details etc. ?

• Additionally, for the sponsorship form (40SP) is it a requirement to load the application with payslips, bank account

E.g. School enrollment details.. Etc.. Alternatively is it advisable to only provide the information requested and no

more with no covering notes/letter?

Interested in any advice/thoughts or experiences from forum members who have been through this process previously?

Thanks to all in advance….

Al

Did someone just slam the waiting room door????? Oh yes it was me on my way out. VISA GRANTED!!!!!!! Whoopee!

can,t believe it after all this time, Thinking of you Sadge, Tien, Steve 1 and Geordie Joe it will soon be your turn.

Julie

Hi Julie

Brilliant news - many congratulations I'm so pleased for you.

Hope your new life in oz is all you want it to be and much more!

Steve

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Did someone just slam the waiting room door????? Oh yes it was me on my way out. VISA GRANTED!!!!!!! Whoopee!

can,t believe it after all this time, Thinking of you Sadge, Tien, Steve 1 and Geordie Joe it will soon be your turn.

Julie

Congratulations on the long-awaited PR grant!!!

Congratulation Julieeee. so so happy for you.

And Also, we just received the email from pvc

Thank you for your e-mail. Please e-mail a copy of the Assurance of Support ‘Acceptance’ letter(s) for all 3applicants once the assurer receives it from Centrelink as this will confirm that the process has been completed. The second visa application charge will then be requested.

Yayyyyyyyy, finallyyyy

Congratulation Julieeee. so so happy for you.

And Also, we just received the email from pvc

Thank you for your e-mail. Please e-mail a copy of the Assurance of Support ‘Acceptance’ letter(s) for all 3applicants once the assurer receives it from Centrelink as this will confirm that the process has been completed. The second visa application charge will then be requested.

Yayyyyyyyy, finallyyyy

Wow, great news Tien. So happy for you and your family.

Julie

Hi Tien

when you receive the request for 2nd VAC your letter will say that if you are in Oz you need to go offshore for at least 3 working days so that the visa can be finalised. They ask for the payment to be sent by registered post even with priority this takes 4 days. So we sent our payment on a

Thursday and booked flight to leave Oz on Tuesday at 11.30 pm. E mailed PVC with flight itinerary and confirmation of registered post and date sent. They emailed back to say thank you and that providing payment arrived on time visa would be granted on 30th Nov. I have to say I was worried sick that the payment wouldn't turn up but then I have become totally neurotic about everything connected to this visa.....anyway today we have our visa as promised..Good luck, it sure feels great when they tell you that it is going to be granted.

Julie

Julie

Heard it from here - along with the sound of champagne corks a-popping. So pleased for you Julie. :jiggy:

My daughter paid the AOS on 19th Nov, so if my timeline follows yours I'm thinking maybe (just maybe) my visa will be granted during the first week of the New Year, althouugh if they close down for Christmas/New Year then who knows?

There could be even more delay though as I haven't heard yet that I've passed the medical after the additional medical evidence was submitted over a month ago, although IMMI did request payment of the AOS during that time! I'd be interested to know if anybody else has experienced this?

Sadge

Julie

Fantastic news Julie, it has been a long and stressful journey - but you made it! I wish you all the best with your new life in Oz.

As you say it can't be long until you Sadge, Tien, Steve 1 and Geordie Joe also get you visas.

Wake up everyone in the waiting room, we are on the move...........

Julie

Congralulations Julie, I've been watching your progress for some time. We still have a long wait, but hopefully now they will start catching up, and our wait will get shorter.

Enjoy your new life.

Lorraine

Guest geordie joe

Julie

Fantastic news Julie, so pleased for you, it's certainly been a roller coaster ride. Time to enjoy your life down under, best wishes for the future.

Joe

Julie

Congratulations Julie so pleased for you :xmas16:wishing you all the best for your new life and looking forward to seeing where you settle as Mornington is an area we are thinking of . Lorraine

Hi Lorraine

well the extra exciting piece of news is that we have just signed a contract to buy a block of land in Somers (western port) side. we will be having a house built and now move into the house building waiting room!

We have been in Safety beach since July living with our daughter, we like Mt Martha and Mornington but unfortunately the housing market is on fire down here at the moment and we just can't get what we want. We,ve taken the plunge changed some of our sterling as prices rising so quickly it makes more sense that way. Good luck with your application. Keep in touch.

Julie

Hi Sadge

what a worry for you, hopefully all will be resolved very soon. i shall be keeping an eye on the waiting room until a few more of you get let out!

Julie

Hi Julie, yes it is a worry. They rejected the initial medical info within a couple of days, they've had the additional info for over a month now, in the meantime asking for the AOS. If they've accepted the second submission at the very least I would have expected the MO to have let my agent know all is well - but not a word. Sadge

Hi guys,

I have just rung centrelink and said that it's taken 5 weeks and I have not heard anything from them. The guy on the phone was not very helpful. What I got out of the 1 hour wait was that I have to wait and the wait can be up to 2 months. He did the general spill of "I know it is frustrating and there is nothing within his control." I hope this helps everyone. 2 months for a 10 minute phone call to be honest sounds like a joke to me.

Julie

Whoopee x10 at last Julie, you have certainly been on a long frustrating journey, so happy for you that you are there at last, many many congrstulations! Sue