Guest guest36187

Hi Moomin

so pleased for you and your parents. We are having huge problems with Centrelink, it has now been a month since our daughter was interviewed and we still don't have a letter to go to the bank. She has phoned them 3 times and now they are saying that IMMI must expedite this, I emailed IMMI but not response yet. We fly back to Oz on Saturday and hopefully I can sort things out next week. Does anyone know if Centrelink deal with the AOS's from a central office or is it done by State Office. What's the best way to make a complaint to them?

Julie

Hi Moomin

so pleased for you and your parents. We are having huge problems with Centrelink, it has now been a month since our daughter was interviewed and we still don't have a letter to go to the bank. She has phoned them 3 times and now they are saying that IMMI must expedite this, I emailed IMMI but not response yet. We fly back to Oz on Saturday and hopefully I can sort things out next week. Does anyone know if Centrelink deal with the AOS's from a central office or is it done by State Office. What's the best way to make a complaint to them?

Julie

oh poor you, you must be frantic! I'm sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm sure it wasn't immi who expedited my daughter's bank appointment. I'll contact my daughter and see if she knows / can remember who did what. Not sure she'll be any help as she's stressed to death with a new job at the mo, but I'll try. What a rotten thing to happen. Centrelink really are not fit for purpose on this AOS business - I cant understand why immi don't handle it themselves.

Hi Moomin

Julie

Hi Julie-how frustrating for you! This whole process is so stressful. There is number for the assurance of support department: 132850 but I was on hold for 2 hours when I called them previously!! There is a complaints system for Centrelink and here's the link: https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/contact-us/complaints-and-feedback

i hope that your daughter gets the bank letter soon.

Hi,

Is there a lucky person who got an auto reply for the 'test ' email?? I've sent 5 this week but no reply!!

no, nothing. But they seem to update only once a week, on a Thursday or Friday. And once you've had a response with a new date, you won't get another unless the date has moved on. I think that's how it works.

Edited by Catlady2014

no, nothing. But they seem to update only once a week, on a Thursday or Friday. And once you've had a response with a new date, you won't get another unless the date has moved on. I think that's how it works.

Hi Catlady,

I think you are correct, it does make sense. Hope we will here some good news tomorrow.

Cheers,

Judy

Hi Moomin

Julie

contacted my daughter but she can't remember - she just remembers centrelink being an absolute pain. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Just had a test email reply. No movement at all this week ☹️

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 30 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding.

Just had a test email reply. No movement at all this week ☹️

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 30 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding.

This time last year they were processing 6 Jan 14 - so just 6 months movement in a year. I do so hope that things start to pick up soon.

I know - it really is depressing. Surely things must improve soon.

We just have to hope the numbers applying dropped after June 2014 if they continued to be much higher goodness knows how long our wait will be and when they will reach the years allocation. I see you are just a month ahead of us Pertenhall so I will be watching your progress. Good luck to those almost there after a frustrating wait. Sue

Hi Moomin

Julie

Hi Julie,

I think it was the 31st October that my daughter had her telephone interview, she received a (standard, non-personal) letter on 11th November (dated 1st!) asking her to open the a/c at the Commonwealth Bank.

Hi Jo. The DIBP website is ridiculously difficult to interpret when it comes to fees and charges for Parent visas. The following is the total payment for Contributory Parent visas - both if you pay up front or split it across 2 years.

Offshore:

Total Subclass 143 = AUD 47 295

Total Subclass 173 + subsequent Subclass 143 = AUD 51 365

Onshore:

Total Subclass 864 = AUD 47 295

Total Subclass 884 + subsequent Subclass 864 = AUD 52 570

The initial payment on lodgement of a 143 or 864 visa is AUD 3695 (one payment only), followed by a payment of AUD 43 600 per applicant. The second instalment is payable before visa grant.

The initial payment on lodgement of an offshore 173 visa is AUD 2490 (one only), followed by a payment of AUD 29 130 for each applicant. Two years later a fee is payable on lodgement of the 143 visa of AUD 325 followed by a 2nd instalment of AUD 19 420 per applicant.

The initial payment on lodgement of an onshore 884 visa is AUD 3695 (one only), followed by a payment of AUD 29 130 for each applicant. Two years later a fee is payable on lodgement of the 864 visa of AUD 325 followed by a 2nd instalment of AUD 19 420 per applicant.

Hope this helps.

Hi Julie,

I think it was the 31st October that my daughter had her telephone interview, she received a (standard, non-personal) letter on 11th November (dated 1st!) asking her to open the a/c at the Commonwealth Bank.

Hi Sadge

i was on the phone to Dept of Human Services at 8am this morning ready to make a formal complaint, all guns ready for action, when this very nice lady said, so sorry for the delay, we sent the letter on Friday, if you go into your nearest Centrelink they will give you a copy. Now sitting looking at the letter! Now trying to find a way for our daughter to get to Com Bank they only open 9.30 until 4 and she gets 30 mins for lunch!

The lesson we have learnt is that the local Centrelink branches don't have a clue. firstly they did not complete the Identification properly, secondly when the ID papers were taken into Centrelink again (different office) they did not bother to upload them to the Dept of Human Services. consequently we were put at the bottom of the list again. Now feeling like this all might just happen.......

how are you getting on with your medical problems, have you managed to sort everything out?

Julie

Hi Sadge

i was on the phone to Dept of Human Services at 8am this morning ready to make a formal complaint, all guns ready for action, when this very nice lady said, so sorry for the delay, we sent the letter on Friday, if you go into your nearest Centrelink they will give you a copy. Now sitting looking at the letter! Now trying to find a way for our daughter to get to Com Bank they only open 9.30 until 4 and she gets 30 mins for lunch!

The lesson we have learnt is that the local Centrelink branches don't have a clue. firstly they did not complete the Identification properly, secondly when the ID papers were taken into Centrelink again (different office) they did not bother to upload them to the Dept of Human Services. consequently we were put at the bottom of the list again. Now feeling like this all might just happen.......

how are you getting on with your medical problems, have you managed to sort everything out?

Julie

Oh, good grief! How can what should be the most simple bit of the process be so frustrating! Email from my offspring this morning to say she'd been on the phone to C/L who have given her until 25th November to finalise as they appreciate she didn't get the letter in time. There seems to be a provision for a partner/husband to be a Centrelink nominee so would be able to lodge papers with them if is unable to attend. Some branches of the Commonwealth Bank are aparently open on a Saturday so that might be worth looking into.

No, no news on medical. My agent says we can't assume anything until we hear definitely. I think it's a cheek asking for the money before I've had the all clear. They rejected my first report within 48 hours - they've had reams of additional info for over a fortnight. I think they've gone to sleep over at IMMI!

Well, move on up everyone......My parents have got their visa confirmation today!!!!

Thanks so much for all the support that everyone has for each other on this forum - its been a valuable source of information, and glad to have been able to share it with your all.

Good luck to everyone, and especially the other 23rd Juners - Tien and Julie. I hope you are both celebrating soon too.

:arghh:WOW!

Well, move on up everyone......My parents have got their visa confirmation today!!!!

Thanks so much for all the support that everyone has for each other on this forum - its been a valuable source of information, and glad to have been able to share it with your all.

Good luck to everyone, and especially the other 23rd Juners - Tien and Julie. I hope you are both celebrating soon too.

Wow indeed! Congratulations.

Congratulations Moomin. its well worth isnt it. We still providing more documents relating to my dependency. otherwise it should of been moving too. All the best for you and your parents

Hi Sadge

thanks for the info on Comm Bank, our daughter is going in today at 3.45 and hoping that they will deal with this just before closing. Fingers crossed.

hope IMMI sort out your health issues ASAP,as you say, fancy asking for money when that is still outstanding....maybe that's a good sign.

Julie

Congratulations Moomin13 - and welcome to Australia to your parents :ssign19: