Guest guest36187

Hi Moomin

great news, glad to hear you are making progress at last. We had to wait a couple of weeks after doing the bank guarantee before being asked for the second vac - and then they issue the visa!!! You're nearly there:-)

Thanks for letting me know that!! I was wondering what happens now!!? Hopefully we'll have happy news soon :)

I think that, if your mum gets residence and then goes on to get citizenship, she may have the right to bring your dad into the country so they want to get his health, status etc. checked before they grant her entry. Not sure! But I think the reason is something like that. I don't mean to pry but if there's any way you or they could pay for your dads visa, I'd do it now. Even if he's not ready for retiring he has five years to make the move once the visa is granted and might even be able to get a job in Australia. This way, you'll have to pay for the medical and the police check now and pay again if he applies later on.

The AOS is something you need to get on with as soon as possible because it's the one thing that can really hold you up. You need to contact Centrelink ASAP and tell them that you have to arrange assurance of support for your mother, who is applying for a parent visa. It seems to be better to go there in person in the first instance than try to phone (my daughter spent 90 minutes on the phone and got nowhere). You have to have an interview with them, this can be done over the phone. You need to have proof of your earnings - this is something you could get ready in advance - I think they ask for payslips. After you have had your interview you have to make an appointment with the commonwealth bank and go along to set up the bond so you need the 14,000$ for the bond on hand then. When the bond has been set up, Centrelink notifies immigration that assurance of support has been provided. I'm not sure whether you or the bank give proof of the bond to Centrelink but I think it all has to be done in that order, and until immi get the AOS notification from Centrelink, they won't issue the visa so you need to get onto it straight away.

You also need to get the medicals organised straight away. We found this very straightforward and efficient, you just want to make sure they are done within the twenty eight days. The police clearance is straightforward enough but the certificates take ten working days to be issued so speed is important in getting that request off too. You can do that all online, but make sure everything is correctly filled in - if you leave something out they email you and then you go back to the beginning of the queue.

Good luck.

AoS is $10,000 for one applicant, but $14,000 for two. So if it's just his mum, then $10,000.

Hi everyone! It's great to read some of you are moving along now. My son lodged the AoS with Commonwealth bank on 10 October, then went straight to Centrelink that day with the bank confirmation letter and Centrelinks letter. They sent it on to the AoS team and my son has today scanned the confirmation letter to me that he has received from Centrelink, confirming it has been lodged (it may not have taken 10 days to arrive, they have been in Fiji for the past week) - the letter says they (Centrelink) have sent a copy to immigration, however immigration had advised me to also scan a copy to them , I guess it will be dealt with faster that way. So, I've now scanned a copy to immi and so I guess I'll receive a request for $87,200 very soon! I'm actually away next week, wonderful hubby is treating me to a birthday trip to Paris while we're still up this way (big 5...0.... treat, yikes!!). I guess I will be finalising our visa early November. WOW!!! I cannot wait!! Good luck to everyone else :-) It is stressful, but at least we all have each other here!!

Cheers,

Amanda

An edit to say that the final process is slow - I had a CO on 1 September and my son (assurer) got straight on with the job of dealing with the AoS from the following day. It seems to be up to six weeks now.

Edited by AmandaJB

Hi everyone! It's great to read some of you are moving along now. My son lodged the AoS with Commonwealth bank on 10 October, then went straight to Centrelink that day with the bank confirmation letter and Centrelinks letter. They sent it on to the AoS team and my son has today scanned the confirmation letter to me that he has received from Centrelink, confirming it has been lodged (it may not have taken 10 days to arrive, they have been in Fiji for the past week) - the letter says they (Centrelink) have sent a copy to immigration, however immigration had advised me to also scan a copy to them , I guess it will be dealt with faster that way. So, I've now scanned a copy to immi and so I guess I'll receive a request for $87,200 very soon! I'm actually away next week, wonderful hubby is treating me to a birthday trip to Paris while we're still up this way (big 5...0.... treat, yikes!!). I guess I will be finalising our visa early November. WOW!!! I cannot wait!! Good luck to everyone else :-) It is stressful, but at least we all have each other here!!

Cheers,

Amanda

An edit to say that the final process is slow - I had a CO on 1 September and my son (assurer) got straight on with the job of dealing with the AoS from the following day. It seems to be up to six weeks now.

Enjoy your time in Paris Amanda ... the big 50 my god you're so young!!!

Cheers,

Amanda

Hi Amanda

wonderful news, almost there.

As you say, I don,t know how we would have managed without the help and support of everyone on here. At times it has been stressful, depressing and downright frustrating but there has always been someone on the site to help us along. To Steve2 and Geordie Joe, you have both been very quiet recently it won't be much longer before the June 14 crowd gets out of the waiting room. Enjoy your break in Paris Amanda, blimey 50th birthday wish I was that age. No pressure Centrelink and IMMI our flights back to Melbourne are booked for 12 Novemer....... hurry up please.

Julie

Hi Amanda

wonderful news, almost there.

As you say, I don,t know how we would have managed without the help and support of everyone on here. At times it has been stressful, depressing and downright frustrating but there has always been someone on the site to help us along. To Steve2 and Geordie Joe, you have both been very quiet recently it won't be much longer before the June 14 crowd gets out of the waiting room. Enjoy your break in Paris Amanda, blimey 50th birthday wish I was that age. No pressure Centrelink and IMMI our flights back to Melbourne are booked for 12 Novemer....... hurry up please.

Julie

Not long for you now Julie! Bet you'll make it in the nick of time :-) I've thought of our post-June 2014 pals and how slowly it is to get there, hopefully it'll speed up for everyone soon.

Yep, still plenty of working years ahead of me yet lol, and a ton of adventures to be had over there :-) can't wait to get started! Hope NZ has been fab, you may never have had that experience without these delays.

Keep on enjoying it, you'll be Aus residents soon enough!!

Amanda

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 27 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including27 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding.

Well, since 28th and 29th were a Saturday and a Sunday, I reckon we are very nearly through this June 2014 backlog! Maybe the processing will then absolutely race along ......

Hi @Fisher1,

Sorry for the late reply! I was really busy with work. I'm guessing the form that I need is this?

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/forms/su594

I will be going to centrelink on Monday and try to sort them out. What happens after I submit the form? Can the Medicals be booked online though? Also, she has been in Aus for the past 2 years on a tourist visa. She comes in and out every 3 months and I'm guessing an Aus police check is needed for her?

Hi @Fisher1,

Sorry for the late reply! I was really busy with work. I'm guessing the form that I need is this?

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/forms/su594

I will be going to centrelink on Monday and try to sort them out. What happens after I submit the form? Can the Medicals be booked online though? Also, she has been in Aus for the past 2 years on a tourist visa. She comes in and out every 3 months and I'm guessing an Aus police check is needed for her?

We were in the UK (still are but that's another story) and we rang the nearest centre for medical school (there was a list with our email I think??? Anybody???) I think other people who have been in Australia have gone to an Australia centre. We just rang up and booked a slot over the phone ... you just need something called a HAP number. You quote your HAP number and they book you in. You can't book your medical without the HAP number though.

Somewhere in all the paperwork they say that if you have lived in another country during the past ten years you have that've a police clearance for that country too. I've got a feeling that cumulative time spent in another country counts too, so if you've spent more than a certain amount of time in Australia altogether during the past ten years, you have to get a police check there. Don't know how long but someone on here is bound to know.

Anybody?????

Hi, I'm very new to this but love reading all the messages back and forth. I just have one question for you, what is the acknowledgement you quote after lodgement and receipt? We applied for a 143 visa 8th December 2015, receipt by email 10th December 2015 but have not been contacted since....is that normal? Thanks for any help. Regards Shelagh

Hi, I'm very new to this but love reading all the messages back and forth. I just have one question for you, what is the acknowledgement you quote after lodgement and receipt? We applied for a 143 visa 8th December 2015, receipt by email 10th December 2015 but have not been contacted since....is that normal? Thanks for any help. Regards Shelagh

Our acknowledgement letter was four pages long giving us a reference number, confirming details of the application and various other info on the processing. We received ours a month after we lodged our application although I see that some received theirs in a shorter time and others longer, but I think you should certainly have had one after over 10 months. Zee.

Our acknowledgement letter was four pages long giving us a reference number, confirming details of the application and various other info on the processing. We received ours a month after we lodged our application although I see that some received theirs in a shorter time and others longer, but I think you should certainly have had one after over 10 months. Zee.

Thankyou Zee for your very prompt reply. When you said it was 4 pages long with a reference number....I realised we received it together with our receipt of payment and my husband just filed it as the receipt. I was thinking it must be something else as some people had months between receipt and acknowledgement. I will now relax and wait for the next stage watching for the people who applied earlier than us in 2015 ..Shelagh

I received my confirmation letter of the AOS from Centrelink via my myGov account today. My parents have sent it on to Immi, and now we wait for contact!! They have everything they need (I hope!!) and we wait for some communication as to whether they can go ahead and part with some money or not!!.

Fingers crossed :chatterbox:

Hi everyone! We have just received the request for 2nd VAC woohoo!! We won't be able to finalise until next week but can't wait!! :-)

good luck to you all too!

Amanda

Hi Amanda

So pleased for you and particularly that it came through so quickly after the AOS confirmation.

Many congratulations,

Julie

Guest geordie joe
Hi everyone! We have just received the request for 2nd VAC woohoo!! We won't be able to finalise until next week but can't wait!! :-)

Amanda

Great news Amanda, about time we had a woohoo!! Obviously it will be a bigger WOOHOO!! with the visa grant.

Amanda

Congratulations Amanda! I just want to ask you whether it took about 7-8 weeks from the initial AOS submission until the 2nd VAC was requested?

Also when you were assigned a CO, you were given 28 days and since you were held back by the AOS, did they give you another 28 days extension or is there a timeline set out specifically?

Hope the process goes super smoothly for you.