Guest guest36187

It looks as though you shouldn't have to do another trip offshore :-) What date are you due back in Sydney?

Great to know you're out and about in NZ and getting some tourist time while there.

Amanda

Hi Amanda

We are booked to fly back to Melbourne on 12th November so fingers crossed it is all sorted by then. The way the exchange rate is going we won't be having another holiday for a long time, best make the most of this one.

Julie

centrelink stuffed us up. we submitted 6 pages and somehow the counter person just sent 4 pages to centrelink. so frustrated how they never told us before and we would never know if we hadnt kept calling them. maybe u should ask ur daughter to keep calling them julie.

Hi Tien

Are they allowing you to forward the misssing pages? Surely you don't have to start all over again?

I,m afraid the local Centrelink Offices don,t know what they are doing with AOS. There needs to be a bettter system. I have emailed my daughter and asked her to contact Centrelink via her Gov account and see if everything is OK. Fingers crossed for us both.

Julie

yeh they told us to submit it today and all done. what drives us mad is that no one called us or anything. we have to keep calling them. and yes, i agree wit u there. they dont know whay they doing, slowing us down

Hi Tien,

What numbers did you call them? Do you have Parents Visa Centre contact number?

Regards

Ryan

Hi guys,

Can everyone please tell me at which stage the applicant will be informed to submit AOS?

No response from the Parents Visa Centre at all one year

CPV 143 lodged 23/09/2015, 24/09/2015 Acknowleged

Hi Ryan,

Yes it can be a frustrating wait with no communication. The AOS is currently being asked for when the PVC contact you for your Form 80, Medicals and Police check. They are currently processing visas submitted up to 25/06/2014. You can check the Visa progress by submitting an email to : parents@border.gov.au with the subject as TEST

This gives you current processing times. Once your date gets close then you'll hear more. I hope that helps? :eek:

Hi Ryan,

Yes it can be a frustrating wait with no communication. The AOS is currently being asked for when the PVC contact you for your Form 80, Medicals and Police check. They are currently processing visas submitted up to 25/06/2014. You can check the Visa progress by submitting an email to : parents@border.gov.au with the subject as TEST

This gives you current processing times. Once your date gets close then you'll hear more. I hope that helps? :eek:

Hi Moomin,

Thank you for your advice, I did send a few emails to parents@border.gov.au and got an auto-reply emails. It looks like the processing speed is far slower than normal, it takes almost half year for PVC to process applications in May-2016 and June-2016. When I lodged the application, I was told that it takes about 18 months to 24 months. Now, I'm afraid it may take up to 3 years for applicants whom applied on 2015.

Regards

Ryan

Hi Julie, we called centrelink today and they received our additional docs. they said they are processing up to 12th sept now and we should hear the result by next two days or Monday latest. cant believe would take another month after being allocated case officer.

Hi Tien

Thanks for the info, still no news for us and that is just about typical. If we don,t hear by Friday we are off the grid for 6 days in the far wilds of South Island. Que sera! Hope you hear very soon.

Julie

Hi Tien

Thanks for the info, still no news for us and that is just about typical. If we don,t hear by Friday we are off the grid for 6 days in the far wilds of South Island. Que sera! Hope you hear very soon.

Julie

Hi Tien

Just had a Skype call from my daughter to say that Centrelink had contacted her and completed the interview over the phone. Slight problem though, Centrelink said that the local office had not completed the identification process correctly and could she go into her nearest Office and do it again! For goodness sake! They did say that once this was done via her UGov/Centrelink account the application would be prioritised and the bank letter sent out next week. She is going into Centrelink again tomorrow. Slowly getting there!

have you heard anything more yet?

Julie

Hi Tien

Just had a Skype call from my daughter to say that Centrelink had contacted her and completed the interview over the phone. Slight problem though, Centrelink said that the local office had not completed the identification process correctly and could she go into her nearest Office and do it again! For goodness sake! They did say that once this was done via her UGov/Centrelink account the application would be prioritised and the bank letter sent out next week. She is going into Centrelink again tomorrow. Slowly getting there!

have you heard anything more yet?

Julie

Hi Julie, good to know your daughter heard from them before you go off for your travels again tomorrow - at least you'll be able to relax a bit, knowing it's proceeding now. What a palaver though! We had an issue with the original lodgement bit too. Enjoy your continuing hols!

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Yes we are relieved, busy transferring funds now to our daughter for our 2nd VAC for when IMMI ask for it. Such a pain, we can only transfer 20,000 AUD a day online so having to send it a bit a time.

We are off to pick up our motor home tomorrow so I hope that when I next check into the POMS site that you have posted some good news about your visa.

Julie

Automated response to Test email shows no movement in the date this week. "We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 25 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding."

Automated response to Test email shows no movement in the date this week. "We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 25 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding."

well, I'm aiming to be totally optimistic and reckon that Immi will start to fly through the applications once the June 2014 hump is dealt with and we must be nearly there now. After all, subsequent numbers of applications should be reduced. I may be wrong but, as the saying goes, an optimist can be just as wrong as a pessimist but at least he/she is happy!

well, I'm aiming to be totally optimistic and reckon that Immi will start to fly through the applications once the June 2014 hump is dealt with and we must be nearly there now. After all, subsequent numbers of applications should be reduced. I may be wrong but, as the saying goes, an optimist can be just as wrong as a pessimist but at least he/she is happy!

I'm with you there, but having had hopes dashed so often in the past I'm determined not to expect any big change in the date so that I won't be disappointed again (well, not too much!). As a bit of a sideline, my daughter has been trying to get through to Immi about the dates for her, her husband and daughter, to take their citizenship tests - they were all given different dates(!) - but has had no luck getting an answer on the phone number they were given. So it looks like it's not just CPV applicants who have troubles with Immi.

Well, we received the Centrelink letter in the post advising of organising the bank guarantee. I went into the Commonwealth Bank today and got the guarantee completed - there is also a $150 set up fee by the bank as well. The letter then said I needed to take documentation from the bank back to Centrelink, so I did that today too. I guess we just sit and wait again for further correspondence from Centrelink now!

Surely the visa grant can't be far away now?!!

Well, we received the Centrelink letter in the post advising of organising the bank guarantee. I went into the Commonwealth Bank today and got the guarantee completed - there is also a $150 set up fee by the bank as well. The letter then said I needed to take documentation from the bank back to Centrelink, so I did that today too. I guess we just sit and wait again for further correspondence from Centrelink now!

Hi Moomin

Wonderful news, we are just waiting for the same letter, hope you hear soon.

Julie

I'm with you there, but having had hopes dashed so often in the past I'm determined not to expect any big change in the date so that I won't be disappointed again (well, not too much!). As a bit of a sideline, my daughter has been trying to get through to Immi about the dates for her, her husband and daughter, to take their citizenship tests - they were all given different dates(!) - but has had no luck getting an answer on the phone number they were given. So it looks like it's not just CPV applicants who have troubles with Immi.

We're moving forward :)!

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 26 June 2014.

Hi guys,

My mum appiled for her 143 visa on 9/7/14 and received an email yesterday to get the documents ready for the case officer. I did not apply for my dad due to financial reasons and also he's not ready for retirement. As such, he was included as a non-migrating spouse. In the email, it says that I should provide a police clearance, form 80 and medical examination for my dad as well. Is it really necessary for someone who is not migrating? Also, I had a brief read about the AOS. Am I suppose to contact centrelink or is centrelink mean to contact me? Thanks everyone.

Hi guys,

My mum appiled for her 143 visa on 9/7/14 and received an email yesterday to get the documents ready for the case officer. I did not apply for my dad due to financial reasons and also he's not ready for retirement. As such, he was included as a non-migrating spouse. In the email, it says that I should provide a police clearance, form 80 and medical examination for my dad as well. Is it really necessary for someone who is not migrating? Also, I had a brief read about the AOS. Am I suppose to contact centrelink or is centrelink mean to contact me? Thanks everyone.

I think that, if your mum gets residence and then goes on to get citizenship, she may have the right to bring your dad into the country so they want to get his health, status etc. checked before they grant her entry. Not sure! But I think the reason is something like that. I don't mean to pry but if there's any way you or they could pay for your dads visa, I'd do it now. Even if he's not ready for retiring he has five years to make the move once the visa is granted and might even be able to get a job in Australia. This way, you'll have to pay for the medical and the police check now and pay again if he applies later on.

The AOS is something you need to get on with as soon as possible because it's the one thing that can really hold you up. You need to contact Centrelink ASAP and tell them that you have to arrange assurance of support for your mother, who is applying for a parent visa. It seems to be better to go there in person in the first instance than try to phone (my daughter spent 90 minutes on the phone and got nowhere). You have to have an interview with them, this can be done over the phone. You need to have proof of your earnings - this is something you could get ready in advance - I think they ask for payslips. After you have had your interview you have to make an appointment with the commonwealth bank and go along to set up the bond so you need the 14,000$ for the bond on hand then. When the bond has been set up, Centrelink notifies immigration that assurance of support has been provided. I'm not sure whether you or the bank give proof of the bond to Centrelink but I think it all has to be done in that order, and until immi get the AOS notification from Centrelink, they won't issue the visa so you need to get onto it straight away.

You also need to get the medicals organised straight away. We found this very straightforward and efficient, you just want to make sure they are done within the twenty eight days. The police clearance is straightforward enough but the certificates take ten working days to be issued so speed is important in getting that request off too. You can do that all online, but make sure everything is correctly filled in - if you leave something out they email you and then you go back to the beginning of the queue.

Good luck.

Hi Moomin

great news, glad to hear you are making progress at last. We had to wait a couple of weeks after doing the bank guarantee before being asked for the second vac - and then they issue the visa!!! You're nearly there:-)