Guest guest36187

Technical problems with Form 80:

I know this might be a strange posting for this forum, but knowing that many people here will probably have completed the PDF of this dreaded document. I'm appealing for some assistance.

I'm using Windows 7, have the latest version of Adobe Reader DC, and the PDF of Form 80 will open as a "fillable document" when I click on the "Fill & Sign" but I can't actually fill it in.

I wonder if anybody else has experienced this problem and managed to resolve it?

Technical problems with Form 80:

I know this might be a strange posting for this forum, but knowing that many people here will probably have completed the PDF of this dreaded document. I'm appealing for some assistance.

I'm using Windows 7, have the latest version of Adobe Reader DC, and the PDF of Form 80 will open as a "fillable document" when I click on the "Fill & Sign" but I can't actually fill it in.

I wonder if anybody else has experienced this problem and managed to resolve it?

I couldnt find a way to fill in on line at all. In the end I printed it out, filled in by hand, then scanned it back in. You might want to consider it - It's terribly long winded but it meant I could get on with it and be sure my work would be there when I came back (!) and that when my computer threw a wobbler way down the line, I had a hard copy to fall back on. I've never struggled with forms online as I did with the visa application ... Worse than trying the first log on to UK tax.

I couldnt find a way to fill in on line at all. In the end I printed it out, filled in by hand, then scanned it back in. You might want to consider it - It's terribly long winded but it meant I could get on with it and be sure my work would be there when I came back (!) and that when my computer threw a wobbler way down the line, I had a hard copy to fall back on. I've never struggled with forms online as I did with the visa application ... Worse than trying the first log on to UK tax.

That's actually a problem due to a hand tremor I have - oh, and my scanner's kaput! What a time for it all to go terribly wrong! Three hours yesterday on the phone to Canon CS with scanner still non-operational and now this.

That's actually a problem due to a hand tremor I have - oh, and my scanner's kaput! What a time for it all to go terribly wrong! Three hours yesterday on the phone to Canon CS with scanner still non-operational and now this.

Do you have access to an IPad? I only found out recently that if you photograph a document you want to scan with your I pad you get w perfect copy in about two seconds.

Dont worry, mine all went wrong at the end too ... You'll get there.

Do you have access to an IPad? I only found out recently that if you photograph a document you want to scan with your I pad you get w perfect copy in about two seconds.

Dont worry, mine all went wrong at the end too ... You'll get there.

Unfortunately not.

I do so hope you are right!

Unfortunately not.

I do so hope you are right!

AND the answer is ................. uninstall the latest version of Adobe Reader (DC) and revert to the earlier version 10.0.01:smile:

My son-in-law worked out that there was a compatibiility issue.

Hope it's of help to anybody else that might struggle.

One last post from us as our journey from 26 months in the waiting room, to moving to Perth in June, will have been completed when our container contents (which cleared customs Thursday) is delivered on Monday 3rd October. Thanks to everyone who helped us with our questions, those who kept our spirits up as the days dragged on as we sat around waiting for the final decision, and good luck to all those still waiting now.

I have tried to pop in now and again, but as live in Oz, gains momentum, I am in here less and less. Thanks all!

One last post from us as our journey from 26 months in the waiting room, to moving to Perth in June, will have been completed when our container contents (which cleared customs Thursday) is delivered on Monday 3rd October. Thanks to everyone who helped us with our questions, those who kept our spirits up as the days dragged on as we sat around waiting for the final decision, and good luck to all those still waiting now.

I have tried to pop in now and again, but as live in Oz, gains momentum, I am in here less and less. Thanks all!

I'm so glad everything came together for you. You're an inspiration to the rest of us still waiting. I'll raise a glass to you and yours, and to your lovely new life in Aus.

Hi Alan

Lovely to hear that all is going well and that the final piece of the jigsaw is slotting into place. I'm looking forward to being able to write the same post sometime in the not too distant future. Goodbye from all of us in the waiting room. The class of June 2014 are all eager to be on their way!

Julie

So glad it is all going well for you Alan. Thanks for all your information and help on the forum and wishing you both all the best :cute:

Hi All June 14 applicants

For those who have submitted their AOS, has anyone had any contact at all from Centrelink? Amanda JB I'm frightened to ask how it's going? We are off to NZ on Saturday as our visa expires, thinking of staying out there a month, but now starting to think that this AOS and final visa decision could be a long way off yet!

Julie:mad::mad:

Hi All June 14 applicants

For those who have submitted their AOS, has anyone had any contact at all from Centrelink? Amanda JB I'm frightened to ask how it's going? We are off to NZ on Saturday as our visa expires, thinking of staying out there a month, but now starting to think that this AOS and final visa decision could be a long way off yet!

Julie:mad::mad:

Hi Julie - I've not heard anything back yet. I was told that AOS team have a 21 day processing time at present, so I guess we have another week to wait. I was hoping to have heard this week as I'm going away next week, and would like to have got the money into the account. More waiting it seems! :daydreaming:

Hi Julie - I've not heard anything back yet. I was told that AOS team have a 21 day processing time at present, so I guess we have another week to wait. I was hoping to have heard this week as I'm going away next week, and would like to have got the money into the account. More waiting it seems! :daydreaming:

Hi Moomin

Did Centrelink advise you of the 21 day processing time?

The Centrelink we visited hadn't a clue what they were doing, didn't know what an AOS was for. all they said was that they would upload the documents the same day. We had to tell them to witness our daughters signature.It was one of those experiences that made you have no faith at all in the process. Do you know if they correspond to the Assurer by snail mail or email via the Assurers Centrelink Account? Sorry for all the questions.......

Julie