Guest guest36187

Hi All June 14 applicants

For those who have submitted their AOS, has anyone had any contact at all from Centrelink? Amanda JB I'm frightened to ask how it's going? We are off to NZ on Saturday as our visa expires, thinking of staying out there a month, but now starting to think that this AOS and final visa decision could be a long way off yet!

Julie:mad::mad:

Hi Julie, I'm sorry to say, we've still not heard anything - it's over 3 weeks now since my son lodged it. Tomorrow, we are up to our 28 days with a CO. I have advised PVC that we are still waiting regarding the AOS and they have advised that they are aware of delays and that they realise there will be delays beyond the 28 days - basically because it is a third party involved there is some leeway with the deadline. I guess that due to the high volume of applications which caused delays in visa processing, this also impacts on the AOS processing too. It's a big shame for June 2014ers onwards :-( I will update when we hear anything. I'm not sure if anyone is able to get info from ringing centrelink regarding the AoS team and processing times. The numbers all appear to be local "13" numbers I can't try from here. It would just be good to know!

Enjoy NZ from Saturday, and hope we all hear something very soon.

Amanda

Hi moomin and julie. we lodged our aos wit centrelink on 13/9. yesterday we called and they said give them 21 days from the day of lodgment so i guess we will hear by next week

Hi Tien, thanks for this info - you and I seem to have posted our updates at the same time so I didn't see your post until now. I really hope they get a move on, as we are over 21 days already.

Amanda

Hi Moomin

Did Centrelink advise you of the 21 day processing time?

The Centrelink we visited hadn't a clue what they were doing, didn't know what an AOS was for. all they said was that they would upload the documents the same day. We had to tell them to witness our daughters signature.It was one of those experiences that made you have no faith at all in the process. Do you know if they correspond to the Assurer by snail mail or email via the Assurers Centrelink Account? Sorry for all the questions.......

Julie

Hi Julie, the guy at Centrelink checked on his internal website and advised of the 21 day processing for the AOS team. He seemed to suggest that we would hear something in the post, but I wasn't too reassured by this, as he didn't seem to know too much about the process either, and I had to guide him through the paperwork! I'm keeping an eye on myGov - the Centrelink account, but not heard anything as yet. Will keep you posted :)

Good things come to those who wait... Hope the Aos completion will come around successfully soon for you all.

Meanwhile I finally got the automated response, it is now up to 24/06.

Hope sadge has got a CO!

Haven't heard yet! It will have gone to my Agent so probably I'll hear from them tomorrow.

Hi Julie, the guy at Centrelink checked on his internal website and advised of the 21 day processing for the AOS team. He seemed to suggest that we would hear something in the post, but I wasn't too reassured by this, as he didn't seem to know too much about the process either, and I had to guide him through the paperwork! I'm keeping an eye on myGov - the Centrelink account, but not heard anything as yet. Will keep you posted :)

Hi Moomin,

I too am wondering how the AoS team contacts the assurer and hope someone can confirm what happened with theirs - by e-mail or phone? If anyone can let us know it'd be hugely appreciated :-)

Amanda

Hi Julie, I'm sorry to say, we've still not heard anything - it's over 3 weeks now since my son lodged it. Tomorrow, we are up to our 28 days with a CO. I have advised PVC that we are still waiting regarding the AOS and they have advised that they are aware of delays and that they realise there will be delays beyond the 28 days - basically because it is a third party involved there is some leeway with the deadline. I guess that due to the high volume of applications which caused delays in visa processing, this also impacts on the AOS processing too. It's a big shame for June 2014ers onwards :-( I will update when we hear anything. I'm not sure if anyone is able to get info from ringing centrelink regarding the AoS team and processing times. The numbers all appear to be local "13" numbers I can't try from here. It would just be good to know!

Enjoy NZ from Saturday, and hope we all hear something very soon.

Amanda

Hi Amanda

It s so frustrating..... Immi have a lot to answer for, they should have known this would be a problem, they should have allowed the AOS requests earlier...... Rant over.......I really hope you hear soon. Our daughter has linked up her Gov site with Centrelink so hopefully she will hear through her personal account rather than snail mail. It's anyone's guess at the moment. I keep telling myself that it will all happen eventually but these last weeks are really difficult. I guess you still can't hand in your notice yet....

Julie

Hi Moomin,

I too am wondering how the AoS team contacts the assurer and hope someone can confirm what happened with theirs - by e-mail or phone? If anyone can let us know it'd be hugely appreciated :-)

Amanda

Not sure about my daughter but we got an email from immi the day centrelink provided the AOS confirmation.

Hi Amanda

It s so frustrating..... Immi have a lot to answer for, they should have known this would be a problem, they should have allowed the AOS requests earlier...... Rant over.......I really hope you hear soon. Our daughter has linked up her Gov site with Centrelink so hopefully she will hear through her personal account rather than snail mail. It's anyone's guess at the moment. I keep telling myself that it will all happen eventually but these last weeks are really difficult. I guess you still can't hand in your notice yet....

Julie

Hi Julie, and all others waiting to hear from Centrelink.

My son received his letter from Centrelink today - it had been posted to his home address on 23 September - it gave him until 7 October to contact them with "further information" - the information was really just to call them and go through the interview process, also explaining terms etc. At the end, he was told he's been accepted as Assurer (thank goodness!! I can't say how happy we were to know this!!! I actually cried and realised how pent up I've been as it was just such a relief - we all need some tlc I think!). They will now post another letter to his home address, for him to take to Commonwealth bank and set up the term deposit account. I hope this info helps. I think I can see why they would send it by post, to check that someone is where they say they are perhaps? Now we wait again, as the post may not reach him until next week I guess.

You will all likely hear very soon (and be checking that post box hourly I'm sure, I would).

Julie, I gave my notice in the day I heard from our CO :-) and with leave owed, I finish on 18 November, flying out 29 November - I CAN'T WAIT!!! :-)

All the best,

Amanda

Getting sooooo impatient to see that the date is so close yet so far.

I'm trying to figure out a pattern of how fast/slow they're moving.. but that's probably useless because the pace always changes.

25th - 30th June applicants how are we going?

Hello Ch128,

I am also someone like you trying to establish "patterns" but it never works, but I have a rough idea on the speed.

I have got the stats from past posts and updates on this site. Please correct me if I am wrong.

02/11/2014 Processing date : 09/04/2013

19/10/2015 Proc. Date: 10/12/2013 (so in 11 months they processed roughly 8 months of applications).

27/09/2016 Proc. Date 24/06/2014.( so in roughly 11 months only 6 months of applications).

Hope that helps.

By the way, when did you lodge your application??

Judy.

Edited by Bear2015

I can not believe after all this we have gone through to get to oz , that they are bringing out a new parent visa next year , that won't cost anywhere near as much.It is in the news today.

The cost of the new temporary parent visa has not yet been decided.

Please provide a link that says it "won't cost anywhere near as much."

Best regards.

Hi moomin and julie. we lodged our aos wit centrelink on 13/9. yesterday we called and they said give them 21 days from the day of lodgment so i guess we will hear by next week

Hi Tien

Please can you let me know when your Sponsor receives the letter from Centrelink. We are now in New Zealand and feeling a bit helpless as we are not able to check the post box everyday for mail! As you are one day ahead with your AOS it will give us a good idea when to expect the letter. thanks.

Julie

Anybody - please?

Sadge, I think they're all much the same but choose one that doesn't charge a fee (most of them don't) although your daughter's bank may well charge for receiving it! I used Currencies Direct and Westpac charged my daughter to receive the money. You should also ensure that the exchange service is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under Payment Services Regs, and regulated by HMRC as a Money Service Business, and maintains segregated client accounts. Moneycorp is also regularly recommended on this site, and the only reason I didn't use them was a problem with the website that drove me almost round the bend at the time, but that may be sorted by now.