Guest guest36187

Hi

Thanks for the update Tien. IMMI should be ashamed of themselves for not foreseeing this problem. Let's hope the exchange rate improves whilst we are waiting. At this rate I've got the feeling we are all going to be worn out and absolutely broke when the powers that be decide that they want to give us a visa.

As you say absolutely ridiculous.

We had to book a return ticket for our offshore trip to NZ, so we decided that six weeks should be sufficient, returning on 12 November - starting to think that we ha ven't a prayer of getting things sorted by then!

Julie

12th november should be ok for sure Julie. its just all the hassles with pvc and now centrelink driving us crazy. the wait never stops

One day forward in a week. Today's response to the Test email:

"We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 25 June 2014. Please note that due to a very high number of 173 and 143 applications received in June 2014, the assessment date is expected to change at a much slower pace than usual. We appreciate your patience and your understanding."

Hi

Thanks for the update Tien. IMMI should be ashamed of themselves for not foreseeing this problem. Let's hope the exchange rate improves whilst we are waiting. At this rate I've got the feeling we are all going to be worn out and absolutely broke when the powers that be decide that they want to give us a visa.

As you say absolutely ridiculous.

We had to book a return ticket for our offshore trip to NZ, so we decided that six weeks should be sufficient, returning on 12 November - starting to think that we ha ven't a prayer of getting things sorted by then!

Julie

Hi Julie

All seems stressful at the moment for you, but it will all work out, you just have to believe, it will all worth it in the end. ? We 2015 lodgers have this yet to come, and thank you for the forewarning of matters.

The upside is you are already there, seeing family and gettting to know your new country. I am jealous!

Hi Julie

All seems stressful at the moment for you, but it will all work out, you just have to believe, it will all worth it in the end.  We 2015 lodgers have this yet to come, and thank you for the forewarning of matters.

The upside is you are already there, seeing family and gettting to know your new country. I am jealous!

It is lovely to be with family but the further crash in the pound is starting to be a real cause of concern for our future. let's hope Mr Hammond has something in his briefcase for the Autumn statement that might help the exchange rate!

Julie

It is lovely to be with family but the further crash in the pound is starting to be a real cause of concern for our future. let's hope Mr Hammond has something in his briefcase for the Autumn statement that might help the exchange rate!

Julie

couldnt agree more Julie. With having to put off our move till next year, we had planned to put our house on the market next Spring and hopefully move over in the autumn. No need to tell you what the pound crash has done to our potential budget for buying w house within two hours travel of Sydney. We simply won't be able to do it. Thought about coming over anyway and renting for a bit, but the money from the house would then be festering at about 1 percent interest, we'd be spending a fortune on rent and house prices no doubt still rising.

It it looks as though, going through all that strife to get our visa we are going to at least have to wait another year ... I've been desperately trying to think of ways round the situation and the best I've come up with so far is to buy something in a cheaper place (Melbourne?) rent it out and use the rent, topped up with other income, to rent near Sydney. Not much of a plan is it. If anyone else out there is thinking outside the box this week I'd love to hear your suggestions. :-(

couldnt agree more Julie. With having to put off our move till next year, we had planned to put our house on the market next Spring and hopefully move over in the autumn. No need to tell you what the pound crash has done to our potential budget for buying w house within two hours travel of Sydney. We simply won't be able to do it. Thought about coming over anyway and renting for a bit, but the money from the house would then be festering at about 1 percent interest, we'd be spending a fortune on rent and house prices no doubt still rising.

It it looks as though, going through all that strife to get our visa we are going to at least have to wait another year ... I've been desperately trying to think of ways round the situation and the best I've come up with so far is to buy something in a cheaper place (Melbourne?) rent it out and use the rent, topped up with other income, to rent near Sydney. Not much of a plan is it. If anyone else out there is thinking outside the box this week I'd love to hear your suggestions. :-(

Hiya, it's looking a bit dire for us all due to the slide in GBP every day now. We are also moving to Sydney. One option we are looking at is renting for a year or more (not just because of the exchange rate, but so we know where we want to be), but looking to buy an investment property for the short term - DHA (defence housing) have a number on their site if you google them. They have 9 to 12 year leases, and guaranteed rent, plus they pretty much do all the hard work, maintenance etc - and houses are cheaper than Sydney as they are generally in cheaper areas. Just one other option that may be worthwhile - of course, then there's tax etc to pay on rent received, but far better off than keeping it in the bank!!

Have a good Friday!!

Amanda

Julie

Bet it's great to be with family, but I agree about the exchange rate, it seems more terrifying ever day now!! I hope you're enjoying NZ..

Amanda

Hiya, it's looking a bit dire for us all due to the slide in GBP every day now. We are also moving to Sydney. One option we are looking at is renting for a year or more (not just because of the exchange rate, but so we know where we want to be), but looking to buy an investment property for the short term - DHA (defence housing) have a number on their site if you google them. They have 9 to 12 year leases, and guaranteed rent, plus they pretty much do all the hard work, maintenance etc - and houses are cheaper than Sydney as they are generally in cheaper areas. Just one other option that may be worthwhile - of course, then there's tax etc to pay on rent received, but far better off than keeping it in the bank!!

Have a good Friday!!

Amanda

not a bad idea ... We thought about defence housing years ago as a way of getting an Ozzie income to pay for holidays but discounted it in the end and forgot all about it. Might be worth looking at, thanks Amanda.

Hi Fisher

Melbourne is very expensive but you could pick up a cheaper property around Langawarren or Cranbourne plenty of new builds there.

we are toying with either renting or becoming grey Nomads and doing the one year tour around Oz with a caravan or campervan. We are picking up a campervan for 6 days later on this month and driving from Queenstown toChristchurch. We may have killed each other after 6 days never mind a year! Having said all that we really want nothing more than to settle down in our own home in Oz and get on with life. Unfortunately Brexit has ruined all of our plans. I know it may mean waiting for you but I really think that until the exchange rate improves you will be better off in the UK. If we had a house back in the Uk we would go back and wait it out, however we don't have that choice.

the other option that we might consider is buying a plot of land and building our own home. If you can find a piece of land at the right price then there's no stamp duty to pay and nothing on the new build either. The new build is paid in stages so hopefully we can spread the risk of our expenditure over a period of time. I am not sure how much longer we will have to wait for our visa, Centrelink are a law unto themselves.

Que sera, sera we will work something out eventually, just not sure what!

Julie

Hi Amanda

Today was quite shocking with the dramatic fall, considering all the good figures that came out in the U.K. Economy this week it really doesn't make sense what is happening. We are in the hands of investors who are nervous about what might or might not happen when the UK starts to negotiate the exit from EU. Someone somewhere is making a huge profit out of this situation. unfortunately it is not us!

has your son Had his letter yet to go to Com .Bank?

Julie

I like the camper van idea, but I understand how you feel about wanting to settle. Brexit has probably wrecked the plans of so many people and not just on here ... Still lemons, lemonade, at least we got our visa money over at s good exchange rate. It was useful to know about the non- tax on building your own. That might be a way forward.

Centre link are a complete pain and I can't believe how long you've been waiting. Fingers crossed there won't be much longer, St least that will be one thing sorted out for you.

did they call before and do a phone interview moomin?

I'm assume that the phone call was the interview. She went through what being an assurer entails and then gave me the instructions regarding the bank deposit and what paperwork I need to send back etc. As far as I understand, that was it as she said she would process everything after the call. I was also surprised to hear from them on a Saturday! So now we need to wait for the letter to come regarding the bank details.

I'm assume that the phone call was the interview. She went through what being an assurer entails and then gave me the instructions regarding the bank deposit and what paperwork I need to send back etc. As far as I understand, that was it as she said she would process everything after the call. I was also surprised to hear from them on a Saturday! So now we need to wait for the letter to come regarding the bank details.

Hi Moomin

That's great news thanks for letting us know. I shall email my daughter now so that she checks her phone and post!

Julie

I am currently waiting for my 143 to be granted which, at the current rate of 27 months will be March 2017. I have sold my house in the uk and intend getting a 12 month visitors visa and will stay with my daughter in WA for the duration. I know that at some point i will have to travel out of Aus before the visa is granted. Can I please jave some idea as to how IMMI notifies you when the visa is about to be granted? How much notice is given and how long would I expect to be out of the Country? Thanks

I am currently waiting for my 143 to be granted which, at the current rate of 27 months will be March 2017. I have sold my house in the uk and intend getting a 12 month visitors visa and will stay with my daughter in WA for the duration. I know that at some point i will have to travel out of Aus before the visa is granted. Can I please jave some idea as to how IMMI notifies you when the visa is about to be granted? How much notice is given and how long would I expect to be out of the Country? Thanks

The Parents Visa Centre will communicate with you (or your agent, if you have one) by email and will ask you to confirm your travel itinerary for departing Australia.

Once you have left Australia the visa will be granted.

Allow a week outside Australia (have a holiday!), though I have found the visa is often granted before our clients have arrived at their destination.

Best regards.

Hi Amanda

Today was quite shocking with the dramatic fall, considering all the good figures that came out in the U.K. Economy this week it really doesn't make sense what is happening. We are in the hands of investors who are nervous about what might or might not happen when the UK starts to negotiate the exit from EU. Someone somewhere is making a huge profit out of this situation. unfortunately it is not us!

has your son Had his letter yet to go to Com .Bank?

Julie

Hi Julie, here's hoping this week has better news for GBP! My son received his letter last week and paid the AoS fee today, HURRAH!!! One step away now :-) Your daughter will surely hear soon, I did read of further delays, it's all those extra applications backlogging this process too now :-( How is NZ? I hope you're making the most of the trip! Unfortunately, it really is all a waiting game that's out of our hands. Good luck, and hope to hear some good news soon!

Amanda

Hi Julie, here's hoping this week has better news for GBP! My son received his letter last week and paid the AoS fee today, HURRAH!!! One step away now :-) Your daughter will surely hear soon, I did read of further delays, it's all those extra applications backlogging this process too now :-( How is NZ? I hope you're making the most of the trip! Unfortunately, it really is all a waiting game that's out of our hands. Good luck, and hope to hear some good news soon!

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Ooh, so exciting for you, can,t be long now.

just had an email from IMMI saying they've checked everything we've sent and they now know we are offshore. They have said that once we have our confirmation of AOS paid then we will go straight to 2nd VAC. Come on .Centrelink............

we have just arrived in Sulphur city aka Rotarua, cor what a pong!!! Doing the sights tomorrow then flying off to South Island. It's a beautiful country and we hope to make the most of our six weeks here, despite the exchange rate!

Julie

Hi guys,

Can everyone please tell me at which stage the applicant will be informed to submit AOS?

No response from the Parents Visa Centre at all one year

CPV 143 lodged 23/09/2015, 24/09/2015 Acknowleged

Hi superman

you will see from the posts on here that the timing can vary quite a lot. What you will get, when the time comes, is an email from The parent visa centre telling you that they require further information and asking for everything to be organised within a 28 day period from the date of the email. This will include police checks, medicals, probably a completed form 80, and you assurance of support. You can't do anything about to AOS until you get that email, or until the PVC write and ask you to start organizing it, as has been happening to some people.

What you can do ahead of time is sort out your police checks (but rememeber they are only valid for a year so not too early) and fill in form 80 and have it to hand ready to send if requested. Otherwise you can only wait, expecting to get the email fro PVC about two years after applying, in your case about September 2017.

good luck!

Hi Amanda

Ooh, so exciting for you, can,t be long now.

just had an email from IMMI saying they've checked everything we've sent and they now know we are offshore. They have said that once we have our confirmation of AOS paid then we will go straight to 2nd VAC. Come on .Centrelink............

we have just arrived in Sulphur city aka Rotarua, cor what a pong!!! Doing the sights tomorrow then flying off to South Island. It's a beautiful country and we hope to make the most of our six weeks here, despite the exchange rate!

Julie

It looks as though you shouldn't have to do another trip offshore :-) What date are you due back in Sydney?

Great to know you're out and about in NZ and getting some tourist time while there.

Amanda

Hi,

Please can anyone help with information.

We hold eVisitor (subclass 651) visas which allow multiple entry up to 2025, and since these visas were granted we have also applied for a 173 visas.

We are now planning a holiday trip in November.

Will our 173 application have automatically cancelled the 651 visas? Do we need to re-apply for eVisitor visas?

Any help would be appreciated.