Guest guest36187

Good Evening,

I sent my mother's CPV application to the parent centre in Perth yesterday by courier - does anyone have an idea as to how long it takes to receive an acknowledgement of receipt and how long after is the first payment taken? Is this done by post or by e-mail?

Many Thanks,

Purpleal

All our correspondence was by email. As for time between posting and receiving confirmation of receipt, I think it varies. We applied twice, firstly for a 103 visa which application took an incredible eight weeks to be acknowledged. When we switched our application to a 143 we had an email after a couple of weeks.

Good Evening,

I sent my mother's CPV application to the parent centre in Perth yesterday by courier - does anyone have an idea as to how long it takes to receive an acknowledgement of receipt and how long after is the first payment taken? Is this done by post or by e-mail?

Many Thanks,

Purpleal

I think it varies. Ours was acknowledged about a month after it was received, but I see that some have taken a lot longer. I think sending by Courier is preferable because you will at least have a signature from IMMI. We sent ours by recorded post and although we tracked it to being received by the Perth post office it said "awaiting collection" for the whole month we waited! Zee

OMG OMG OMG

Correspondence from PV Team 1 asking me to arrange AOS!!!!!!!

strangely enough, the letter says they are trying to streamline the process and that although our application has not been assessed at this time they are asking for AOS, no requests for Police reports or Form 80 yet.

will keep you updated.

Julie

Ooh Julie......exciting, and about time!! Good luck x

I think it varies. Ours was acknowledged about a month after it was received, but I see that some have taken a lot longer. I think sending by Courier is preferable because you will at least have a signature from IMMI. We sent ours by recorded post and although we tracked it to being received by the Perth post office it said "awaiting collection" for the whole month we waited! Zee

How frustrating! How do you track it once it has been picked up?

Our application was signed for yesterday at 9.36 by the PVC, so the waiting begins! I won't feel relaxed until we have some kind of acknowledgement and have paid the first VAC. I keep checking the address on the courier slip - paranoid it has gone to the wrong place :)

Went into Centrelink with our daughter this morning to lodge the AOS. Waited about 30 mins to be seen and then it took about 10 mins to go through the forms and docs. Daughter comes back all smiles and says that they will deal with the docs this afternoon. Did you sign the firm in front of the staff member and did they witness it? NO! Back in we go to sort it out! Phew that could have been a problem. We now await processing of the AOa.

Julie

All our correspondence was by email. As for time between posting and receiving confirmation of receipt, I think it varies. We applied twice, firstly for a 103 visa which application took an incredible eight weeks to be acknowledged. When we switched our application to a 143 we had an email after a couple of weeks.

Many thanks for your input - I somehow missed your post when reading the thread yesterday :)

Fingers crossed we hear soon Julie and Tien. I wonder how long it will be before we hear about the AOS?

Hi Moomin

I'm thinking it will take 2 weeks before sponsor is asked to lodge bond with Commonwealth Bank and then another week another that, but it's anyone's guess. I'm hoping Amanda JB will hear soon, that should give us a good idea. I was so excited about lodging the AOS that for the first time since lodging our visa back in June 14 that I actually forgot about the processing date moving!

Julie

Hi Everyone, Just an update on our timeline...

My husband couriered my mother's application to the Perth PVC very late Monday (12 September) afternoon (Sydney time). It was signed for by the PVC on Tuesday (13th September) morning 9.36 am Sydney time. They have taken out the first VAC today at 10am Sydney time. I must admit, I wasn't expecting this to be done so quickly - I was anticipating a several week wait!

Hi Moomin

I'm thinking it will take 2 weeks before sponsor is asked to lodge bond with Commonwealth Bank and then another week another that, but it's anyone's guess. I'm hoping Amanda JB will hear soon, that should give us a good idea. I was so excited about lodging the AOS that for the first time since lodging our visa back in June 14 that I actually forgot about the processing date moving!

Julie

I know exactly what you mean!! Having something to do kept my mind off it too!!

Hi, good news for "23rds"!

Can somebody please just explain the timeline from now on? My date is 24th and I understand that once a CO is assigned is that when I have 28 days to have medical and police checks and submit those documents. What are the steps after that? Form 80, AoS forms, AoS payment, Visa granted?

I can't seem to get to grips with the list of 'events' that follow the CO being assigned.