Guest guest36187

On 08/09/2021 at 16:06, Dandan said:

Hi. I sent in application for 143 slightly more than 3 weeks ago but have not received any acknowledgment. How long does it normally take and is it sent via email? Thank you for your time. 

Have they taken the application fee? If they have consider it lodged. The e mail will come eventually, check your spam folder too. 

My parents' visa 143 was granted yesterday. They were holding 173 before applying 143. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Here is the timeline.

CPV 143 (hold 173) - Lodged and Acknowledged - late June 2021

AOS request - mid July 2021; AOS acceptance - mid August 2021

Request Police check - mid August 2021

2nd VACs request and BPAY - early September 2021

VISA GRANTED  - SEP 2021

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 4

18 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Congratulations!

The timeline for the onshore 143 visa grants to 173 visa holders is nice and quick!

Best regards.

Thank you Alan!

My parents are offshore when they applied 143 because the border closes to temporary visa holders 173. Fortunately, the timeline from 173 to 143 was very quick. Now their flight was booked to Australia.

Kind regards

Hi All,

I want to apply for subclass 864 contributory aged parents visa.Please guide me with be below queries.

1. Is there any minimum income requirement for sponsor as my this year and last year income is less due to covid?

As per my understanding AOS minimum requirements is there for assurer but not for sponsor.

2. Will the department assess any income for sponsor now or  they will access income of only assurer during AOS and further documents.

3. Will the bridging visa start date from date of first installment or the acknowledgement date?

Thanks

Something to be very aware of!! 😱

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/sep/15/airlines-warn-nsw-may-reopen-to-international-travel-but-with-few-planes-to-service-huge-demand

It  particularly mentions Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines confirmed it would be further cutting the number of flights flying into Australia, blaming a lack of certainty over plans to lift passenger caps for the move which will see dozens of flights cancelled before the Christmas period.

On 15/09/2021 at 23:48, LesleyT said:

Interesting reading. Combine this with the details in the processing email, where the assessment/lodged date for 143/864 visas has been May 2016 since August 2020 and the wait time stretches even further.

Note you said staying on BVB - BVB ends when you return to Australia 

The Parent Visa 103 is a non starter as the waiting list is so long you'll have to wait 30 yrs (yes 30 ) to  get it. See:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

So apply 30 yrs before you retire. The contributory Parent Visa is soooo expensive.

2 hours ago, andyjay said:

The Parent Visa 103 is a non starter as the waiting list is so long you'll have to wait 30 yrs (yes 30 ) to  get it. See:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

So apply 30 yrs before you retire. The contributory Parent Visa is soooo expensive.

The contributory parent visa is a long wait…about 10 years I think.  We drew down some pension money to pay for the visa as it was more important to be in Australia than not!  We’ve just drawn in the purse strings and adapted to life here…..definitely worth it ❤️😎

48 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

The contributory parent visa is a long wait…about 10 years I think.  We drew down some pension money to pay for the visa as it was more important to be in Australia than not!  We’ve just drawn in the purse strings and adapted to life here…..definitely worth it ❤️😎

You may be surprised to learn that for new applications it’s like this - 65k already in queue and cap of annual quota of 3600 - which means new applicants are looking at 18 years!!!!

And because people are unaware of this (going on website prediction of 58-64 months ) still they apply - and there’s already been 8K applications this year alone ! 

Im June 2017 so already waiting almost 4.5 years and looks like another 4 to go! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

You may be surprised to learn that for new applications it’s like this - 65k already in queue and cap of annual quota of 3600 - which means new applicants are looking at 18 years!!!!

And because people are unaware of this (going on website prediction of 58-64 months ) still they apply - and there’s already been 8K applications this year alone ! 

Im June 2017 so already waiting almost 4.5 years and looks like another 4 to go! 

Goodness!!  And I thought waiting 52 months when promised 18-24 was bad.  I wonder if the lure will still pull as hard when you realise how old you could be before you get there and whether the government will make health a big issue? I think dependants will almost certainly disappear as they will be well over 23 ??

3 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

Goodness!!  And I thought waiting 52 months when promised 18-24 was bad.  I wonder if the lure will still pull as hard when you realise how old you could be before you get there and whether the government will make health a big issue? I think dependants will almost certainly disappear as they will be well over 23 ??

The biggest problem is the misleading website quote of 58-64 months. It should be made clear that that is only how long it’s taking for the ones they’re currently processing ie May 2016. It’s been stuck on that for well over a year ! 
I’ve trying for two years to tell people on social media how long the wait is - and they’ve consistently refused to believe me because the website has told them therefore it’s correct !! 

Yes health could be an issue but  again It’s the costs of old people, as they age,  to the taxpayers. Think they’ll get rid of 804 as they keep trying to do - actually easiest way to do that is to make every visitor visa have mandatory condition no further stay! 

Dependants will be a scarcity in future I think as they will simply be too old given the lengthy wait time.  

For applications after June 2018 they are starting to assess them now rather than at the end of the wait. That way they can filter out those likely to be refused so it could be advisable to include a notice that some dependants are not likely to be granted a visa and  could perhaps instead work towards getting their own visa. All up in the air due to the lack of info from home affairs. First thing that’s certainly a good idea would be to warn people on the website of the true and realistic wait time 

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

The biggest problem is the misleading website quote of 58-64 months. It should be made clear that that is only how long it’s taking for the ones they’re currently processing ie May 2016. It’s been stuck on that for well over a year ! 
I’ve trying for two years to tell people on social media how long the wait is - and they’ve consistently refused to believe me because the website has told them therefore it’s correct !! 

Yes health could be an issue but  again It’s the costs of old people, as they age,  to the taxpayers. Think they’ll get rid of 804 as they keep trying to do - actually easiest way to do that is to make every visitor visa have mandatory condition no further stay! 

Dependants will be a scarcity in future I think as they will simply be too old given the lengthy wait time.  

For applications after June 2018 they are starting to assess them now rather than at the end of the wait. That way they can filter out those likely to be refused so it could be advisable to include a notice that some dependants are not likely to be granted a visa and  could perhaps instead work towards getting their own visa. All up in the air due to the lack of info from home affairs. First thing that’s certainly a good idea would be to warn people on the website of the true and realistic wait time 

Totally agree with you LindaH27. I think with borders virtually closed and the chaos of sudden lockdowns still in some areas the federal government isn’t really bothering to think about this out loud.  I wonder how much the pandemic is covering up and what decisions have already been made!

1 minute ago, Rosiejaq said:

Totally agree with you LindaH27. I think with borders virtually closed and the chaos of sudden lockdowns still in some areas the federal government isn’t really bothering to think about this out loud.  I wonder how much the pandemic is covering up and what decisions have already been made!

Wellll - the senate enquiry into parent and partner visas was supposed to report in August. It’s now been put back to  November - but that could be a moveable feast as well ! 
The last  report into parent visas in 2016 made 4 recommendations 

1) reduce the quotas 

2) increase the prices of the visas 

3) stop 804 except for verified compassionate reasons 

4) introduce a paid long term temporary parent visa  

They've brought in 1 and 4 - wonder if 2 & 3 are next to be brought in?? 

That same report estimated the lifetime costs of a parent to be up to $410k -  so they consider the $50k ( in total cost) nowhere near enough ! 

19 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Wellll - the senate enquiry into parent and partner visas was supposed to report in August. It’s now been put back to  November - but that could be a moveable feast as well ! 
The last  report into parent visas in 2016 made 4 recommendations 

1) reduce the quotas 

2) increase the prices of the visas 

3) stop 804 except for verified compassionate reasons 

4) introduce a paid long term temporary parent visa  

They've brought in 1 and 4 - wonder if 2 & 3 are next to be brought in?? 

That same report estimated the lifetime costs of a parent to be up to $410k -  so they consider the $50k ( in total cost) nowhere near enough ! 

I wonder as well about visas prices and also Aos salary /income levels…maybe they’ll try and raise that again?

I read with mounting fury today that Boris Johnson has asked Scott Morrison for special dispensation to allow the Uk cricketers families to accompany them to Australia for the Christmas Test Matches!

I was incandescent!  There are thousands of us who would love special permission to spend Christmas with our families who live in Australia & whom we have been forcibly separated from since the outbreak of Covid 19, including new grandchildren whom we have never seen!

Boris Johnson will probably not even be aware of our heartbreaking situation but I am sure that Scott Morrison is only too aware!  Surely this cannot happen?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

I read with mounting fury today that Boris Johnson has asked Scott Morrison for special dispensation to allow the Uk cricketers families to accompany them to Australia for the Christmas Test Matches!

I was incandescent!  There are thousands of us who would love special permission to spend Christmas with our families who live in Australia & whom we have been forcibly separated from since the outbreak of Covid 19, including new grandchildren whom we have never seen!

Boris Johnson will probably not even be aware of our heartbreaking situation but I am sure that Scott Morrison is only too aware!  Surely this cannot happen?

Its been in the air for several weeks but all the reports I've seen are that Scomo is against the idea - and for once I agree with him(even as a huge cricket fan)

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Juniper said:

Boris Johnson should have a good idea of how many people have been hanging out to see families.

I hope you're right and it doesn't happen. There's lots of things happening at the moment that make me angry but then I think what good will it do and try and let it slide.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Juniper said:

Scott Morrison is well aware.  We have sports people moving with families all over Australia at the fury of families who can’t see each other…especially at the NSW/Queensland border….they are obviously more important…..NOT 😡. I understand your fury.

On 23/09/2021 at 23:27, Juniper said:

There is a UK petition - you'll find it by searching: Seek travel corridor to Australia for vaccinated parents of Australian residents.

On 24/09/2021 at 12:24, Paul1Perth said:

Boris Johnson should have a good idea of how many people have been hanging out to see families.

I hope you're right and it doesn't happen. There's lots of things happening at the moment that make me angry but then I think what good will it do and try and let it slide.

On 24/09/2021 at 12:24, Paul1Perth said:

As far as I know the cricket families are not going to be allowed to come?

I agree Paul, lots of us are frustrated about the present situation, but getting incandescent isn’t going to help. I can’t visit my UK son and grandsons, or even my daughter in Sydney, and have no idea if we can get together for Christmas for the 2nd year running, and she is only in the next state. So like thousands and thousands of people, we all have to make do with FaceTime, until things change. Yes it hurts but it was our choice to live in Australia away from family, and for the moment you have to  Come to terms with life as it is for now. 

There is anger here that sport fixtures, and celebrities can take priority over us lesser mortals, and if you live in Qld, from a locals point of view, we were equally concerned of them being responsible bringing a covid outbreak here. We are all hoping that when more of the population is vaccinated and there are fewer cases of covid that restrictions will ease for everyone.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ramot said:

As far as I know the cricket families are not going to be allowed to come?

I agree Paul, lots of us are frustrated about the present situation, but getting incandescent isn’t going to help. I can’t visit my UK son and grandsons, or even my daughter in Sydney, and have no idea if we can get together for Christmas for the 2nd year running, and she is only in the next state. So like thousands and thousands of people, we all have to make do with FaceTime, until things change. Yes it hurts but it was our choice to live in Australia away from family, and for the moment you have to  Come to terms with life as it is for now. 

There is anger here that sport fixtures, and celebrities can take priority over us lesser mortals, and if you live in Qld, from a locals point of view, we were equally concerned of them being responsible bringing a covid outbreak here. We are all hoping that when more of the population is vaccinated and there are fewer cases of covid that restrictions will ease for everyone.

No final decision yet on the cricket families. Its possible that Cricket Australia and the ECB could fund a quarantine hotel specifically for them, but it would be an unpopular move. And even if they arrive into Brisbane for the first Test (early December), the other States have to agree to allow them across the borders - what happens with quarantine there?! 

• Like 1