Guest guest36187

hi everyone.  Advice needed please.

I am in the process of applying for police clearances and I’m particularly struggling with the Australian one. I’m currently staying with my daughter and I’m here on a visitor Visa so I’m not strictly resident. When I’m in the UK I stay with my stepdaughter.  Do I give these addresses as my residential addresses as I really don’t have any others?  I am required to have Australian police clearance if I have been in the country for more than 12 months (cumulative) but there doesn’t seem to be an option for simply giving visitor addresses when I have been here. I’m very confused as to what to do. Please can anyone help? 

Many thanks.

14 minutes ago, AMP said:

hi everyone.  Advice needed please.

I am in the process of applying for police clearances and I’m particularly struggling with the Australian one. I’m currently staying with my daughter and I’m here on a visitor Visa so I’m not strictly resident. When I’m in the UK I stay with my stepdaughter.  Do I give these addresses as my residential addresses as I really don’t have any others?  I am required to have Australian police clearance if I have been in the country for more than 12 months (cumulative) but there doesn’t seem to be an option for simply giving visitor addresses when I have been here. I’m very confused as to what to do. Please can anyone help? 

Many thanks.

Hi AMP,

I have not long had my Australian Police check back.  What I did was put down any addresses I've lived at over the last 10 years, I can't remember how it was asked for now as I've filled so many forms in recently - form 80 online and hard copy and also UK Police check. 

My addresses have been temporary over the last 2 years too as I have been visiting Australia on a 600 visa and had already sold up in UK in anticipation.  I've stayed at my sister's home for the most part of any UK stay so I've used her address as my most recent UK address. I don't think it matters that they are temporary addresses, just addresses that we have lived at.

The Australian Police Check I had posted to my sons address in Aus so that he could make a soft copy of it and I could upload it on my IMMI account quicker than having it posted to me in the UK.  I guess it depends on what's most convenient for you at the time.

Good luck, Sue

4 hours ago, Suzyq said:

Hi AMP,

I have not long had my Australian Police check back.  What I did was put down any addresses I've lived at over the last 10 years, I can't remember how it was asked for now as I've filled so many forms in recently - form 80 online and hard copy and also UK Police check. 

My addresses have been temporary over the last 2 years too as I have been visiting Australia on a 600 visa and had already sold up in UK in anticipation.  I've stayed at my sister's home for the most part of any UK stay so I've used her address as my most recent UK address. I don't think it matters that they are temporary addresses, just addresses that we have lived at.

The Australian Police Check I had posted to my sons address in Aus so that he could make a soft copy of it and I could upload it on my IMMI account quicker than having it posted to me in the UK.  I guess it depends on what's most convenient for you at the time.

Good luck, Sue

Do we require to take Australia PCC for CPV 143 if we stay more than 1 year in last 10 years? I understand from someone that Australia PCC is not required at all bcoz they have online records for crime verification. Can anyone say on this please?

You definitely have to have Australian PCC if you've lived there more than a year in total  

The Police may well have records of any criminal conviction but Immi is certainly not going to spend time trawling through every application and then sending every application with more than one cumulative year in Australia to the Police to check and wait for their reply and therefore add even more to your wait time!!.  

You provide all the documents so that immi can just go through them - the processing time is long enough as it is without them having to research everything else. 

The more you provide correctly the easier their job is and therefore a shorter wait. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Suzyq said:

Hi AMP,

Good luck, Sue

Many thanks for your reply Sue, that is helpful to know.  I will now have another go at the Australian police check.  I found both the UK and the Australian  forms quite onerous, particularly because of having to detail all the addresses in chronological order and with dates, which is messy when there have been a lot of temporary addresses.   Also the information was lost and I had to start again when I had to leave the system to amend the documents I had to forward.  The UK and Australian systems want them in different formats and with different size restrictions.  The worst bit was having to send to the UK a passport size  photo.  I had to take it on my ipad and as I’m still not fully recovered from my recent eye infection I was not a pretty sight and seeing the photo made me feel quite depressed and old!!!  I had thought the police checks would be very simple to complete and really can’t understand why they can’t access the info simply with name, address and passport details so I was very frustrated yesterday.  Also the UK one takes 10 working days to process and then has to be sent by post so likely to be another few weeks in total.  At least it gives me plenty time to actually fill in my form 80.  I have all the info sorted for it, just need to now transfer to the form. 

And, in answer to your question Greece, yes, you do have to do the Australian police check if you have been here for a year or more in the last 10 years - with the time spent on visits added together.

I’ve sorted out my Medical check for next week.  Bupa is the agent in Australia and the appointment was very easily arranged on line. 

it’s great that so many of us on this forum have now  been contacted to submit the extra info.  Heaven only knows how long it will take once they have everything but hopefully it won’t be long.  We are getting there.......   good luck everyone! 

• Like 5

Fascinating reading on the Home affairs freedom of information site. Hopefully here is another nugget for everyone. It’s the breakdown of the days taken to be granted a 143/173 up to February 2019.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2019/fa-190201429-decision-record.PDF

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2019/fa-190201429-document-released.PDF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, AMP said:

Many thanks for your reply Sue, that is helpful to know.  I will now have another go at the Australian police check.  I found both the UK and the Australian  forms quite onerous, particularly because of having to detail all the addresses in chronological order and with dates, which is messy when there have been a lot of temporary addresses.   Also the information was lost and I had to start again when I had to leave the system to amend the documents I had to forward.  The UK and Australian systems want them in different formats and with different size restrictions.  The worst bit was having to send to the UK a passport size  photo.  I had to take it on my ipad and as I’m still not fully recovered from my recent eye infection I was not a pretty sight and seeing the photo made me feel quite depressed and old!!!  I had thought the police checks would be very simple to complete and really can’t understand why they can’t access the info simply with name, address and passport details so I was very frustrated yesterday.  Also the UK one takes 10 working days to process and then has to be sent by post so likely to be another few weeks in total.  At least it gives me plenty time to actually fill in my form 80.  I have all the info sorted for it, just need to now transfer to the form. 

And, in answer to your question Greece, yes, you do have to do the Australian police check if you have been here for a year or more in the last 10 years - with the time spent on visits added together.

I’ve sorted out my Medical check for next week.  Bupa is the agent in Australia and the appointment was very easily arranged on line. 

it’s great that so many of us on this forum have now  been contacted to submit the extra info.  Heaven only knows how long it will take once they have everything but hopefully it won’t be long.  We are getting there.......   good luck everyone! 

Thanks for Aus PCC information. I do not about this and shall arrange this one too.

On 16/08/2019 at 07:20, AMP said:

Passport details are not routinely held on police files. They compare the info that you give them with the info given by people when they are arrested/convicted. The more info they have the easier it is for the police to see whether they have someone with your details on file. 

On 12/08/2019 at 12:37, Danny2729 said:

Hi All,

quick question for those on a Subclass 600 eg 2 x 12 month stay over a 3 year period. Looking at what insurance to use. do you go for single trip or backpackers insurance and what seems to be the best company to use?

Dan

Can I use Travel insurance or does it have to be a dedicated Medical Insurance?

1 hour ago, Danny2729 said:

Dedicated private medical specific for the condition number 8501 on your visa  

Travel insurance doesn’t usually cover a year, only trips up to 90 days ?

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

Hi Danny,

I think you will have to take out a dedicated Medical Insurance. I doubt that Travel Insurance will tick the box. When we came in on a 600 visa 14 months ago no one actually checked that we had insurance but, for me, it wasn’t worth the risk of entering without cover.

You might want to look at Allianz - they do an Overseas Visitor Health Cover which they say complies with Immi requirements. Allianz were cheapest when we were looking for cover. Another tip - if there is two of you take out two separate policies, it’s cheaper that way.

Good luck

David
  • Like 1

Hi Danny,

I think you will have to take out a dedicated Medical Insurance. I doubt that Travel Insurance will tick the box. When we came in on a 600 visa 14 months ago no one actually checked that we had insurance but, for me, it wasn’t worth the risk of entering without cover.

You might want to look at Allianz - they do an Overseas Visitor Health Cover which they say complies with Immi requirements. Allianz were cheapest when we were looking for cover. Another tip - if there is two of you take out two separate policies, it’s cheaper that way.

Good luck

David
Thank you David, this is very helpful. Although i can get a travel insurance policy, i wasn't sure if it would tick the right boxes!
Dan

Hello All 

applied 143 visa 15 November 2015 and paid first payment

got receipt for same 11 December 2015 

got request  email for police Certs , medicals. and form 80 the 6th August 2019 as we are in Australia on a 600 visa got medicals done 15 August with Bupa in Brisbane 

have to say about Bupa such a professional visa medical centre staff so helpful 

submitted form 80 , coloured full A4 copy’s of our passports and police certs by registered post 17 August  on this topic the copy of the passports my advice on this to save anyone any rejection of the passport copies take a photo of your passports with an good phone go to Office works and get them printed on quality paper in A4 and don’t forget these 2 copy’s have to be certified by a commissioner for justice or Oaths 

my daughter has done the AOS application with Centrelink which she said was a very polite and friendly encounter 

got an email Monday 19 from immigration my wife’s police clearance cert was refused because her maiden name was not stated on the document so warning to all future applicants make sure the maiden name is on the police certificate or on all documents and copy’s of passports are correct 

hope this info will help 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 16/08/2019 at 12:03, LindaH27 said:

Best not to arrange this until you have been asked for documentation as each PCC is only valid for one year. 

I understand what you’re saying Linda and agree that you shouldn’t submit them before you receive the request but familiarizing yourself with the forms.. where to access them, the information needed to complete them etc is a good thing to start early. Once you get that all important email asking for everything your mind goes blank and nothing seems to go to plan. I wish we had started the process of familiarizing ourselves with the forms and filling them in as far as possible while still waiting in the queue.....Keep Smiling. Shelagh 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kevvo said:

Hello All 

got request  email for police Certs , medicals. and form 80 the 6th August 2019 as we are in Australia on a 600 visa got medicals done 15 August with Bupa in Brisbane 

submitted form 80 , coloured full A4 copy’s of our passports and police certs by registered post 17 August  on this topic the copy of the passports my advice on this to save anyone any rejection of the passport copies take a photo of your passports with an good phone go to Office works and get them printed on quality paper in A4 and don’t forget these 2 copy’s have to be certified by a commissioner for justice or Oaths 

my daughter has done the AOS application with Centrelink which she said was a very polite and friendly encounter 

got an email Monday 19 from immigration my wife’s police clearance cert was refused because her maiden name was not stated on the document so warning to all future applicants make sure the maiden name is on the police certificate or on all documents and copy’s of passports are correct 

hope this info will help 

We’ve just completed our Spanish police report and are in the process of having them translated, there is nowhere to apply for it with my maiden name. What country are your police reports for?   We sent colour copies via email of our passports and then they don’t need to be certified, we will do the same with the police reports and translations. I’ll let you know if my police report is accepted without my maiden name. Fingers crossed.  Shelagh

Hello All 
hope this info will help 

Thanks for the heads up on the police certificate, just checked my wife’s as I couldn’t remember being asked about the maiden name and luckily for us it’s on there.[emoji106][emoji106]
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, bridgie said:

Thanks for the heads up on the police certificate, just checked my wife’s as I couldn’t remember being asked about the maiden name and luckily for us it’s on there.emoji106.pngemoji106.png

I'll just have to submit mine without it and hope for the best as there is no where on the paper application or the electronic application to put a maiden name.

I have gathered many of you got their AOS application approved nearly 4 months after lodgement, however when I submit mine yesterday through mygov, I was given an estimated completion date of 01 OCT 2019. How reliable is this estimation? I would be very happy if it is done by 01 OCT 2019 but after checking everyone's timeline here, I am worried the Centrelink gave me a false hope.

Edited by Michael S

I have gathered many of you got their AOS application approved nearly 4 months after lodgement, however when I submit mine yesterday through mygov, I was given an estimated completion date of 01 OCT 2019. How reliable is this estimation? I would be very happy if it is done by 01 OCT 2019 but after checking everyone's timeline here, I am worried the Centrelink gave me a false hope.

Hello Michael,

I’m afraid my advice to you is to ignore this estimated completion date. We were given a similarly early date and our AoS took 4 months from Dec 18 to Apr 19. At one stage, a few weeks after the estimated date, we went into Centrelink and asked for an update showing them their estimated date. They told us that this was a standard response and that we should not take the date too seriously and to just be patient.

Sorry ........ [emoji30]

Good luck
David
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

I'll just have to submit mine without it and hope for the best as there is no where on the paper application or the electronic application to put a maiden name.

I seem to remember that you just listed all the names you had been known under so I listed maiden name variant, first married name variant and then change  to maiden name including change of first names through deed poll...no problem   They give you the chance to add quite a few I think

• Like 1