Guest guest36187

On 05/08/2019 at 19:54, Linda Brown said:

We have used HiFx to transfer money to Australia and they have been very good. Their limit is quite large and they give you a better exchange rate the more money you move. It usually arrives within two working days. Also you can get them to hold money at a set rate for a while I think. It's worth checking out. We have been using them for a number of years.

Hello Linda, did you get request for further document as yet? 

Hi my name is Catherine I applied for 143 in November 2015 and my son has got the AoS request today. Can anyone tell me approx how much longer the process takes until the visa is granted? My situation is that I have a two year contract that I would like to fulfil before moving to Australia,  I'm looking to use the Visa (if/when it is granted) from June 2021, is that going to be possible? Thank you!

• Like 1

Hi my name is Catherine I applied for 143 in November 2015 and my son has got the AoS request today. Can anyone tell me approx how much longer the process takes until the visa is granted? My situation is that I have a two year contract that I would like to fulfil before moving to Australia,  I'm looking to use the Visa (if/when it is granted) from June 2021, is that going to be possible? Thank you!

Hi Catherine,

First of all, congratulations on getting the request for AoS! I’m assuming at the same time you got the request for Police Check, Medical Check and Form 80.

The AoS process will take around 16 to 20 weeks from now assuming there are no problems.

If everything is ok with your other documents your visa will come a few weeks after the AoS is concluded.

When you get your Police and Medical Checks they will be valid for 12 months. When your visa is granted you will need to enter Australia to validate the visa and you will have to do this before Police and Medical Checks expire. If you can’t migrate until after June 2021 you will have to come over for a visit/holiday (to validate your visa) before then.

I hope this makes sense. Good luck!

David
  • Like 1

Thank you David, I am planning a holiday in January 2020 and May 2020 to see my son so hopefully that will validate it. If I'd have known it was coming I wouldn't have commited to a contract....Oh well! Just grateful it has come through to be honest and don't want to mess it up!

That all sounds good Catherine. Once you have your visa and you validate it you can relax and ‘enjoy’ your contract. It will soon pass and you’ll be here with your son [emoji4]

23 hours ago, kevvo said:

sorry people so new to this how do i fill in my time line

It is very easy to add to your profile as follows:

• Click on your profile icon on the top right hand side of this screen - there is a drop down box
  • Click on Account Settings.
  • On the left hand side of the screen you will see "Signature" click on that and complete your details
  • Click on Save.

I have managed to open a Westpac Bank account from the UK successfully and will validate with proof of  ID when I arrive. In the meantime I received an email from Westpac regarding Foreign Tax Residency status of which they want a copy - is that the P45? 

TIA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

I have managed to open a Westpac Bank account from the UK successfully and will validate with proof of  ID when I arrive. In the meantime I received an email from Westpac regarding Foreign Tax Residency status of which they want a copy - is that the P45? 

TIA

Hi Marilyn

They want to know your permanent country of residence as they will communicate with the UK tax office to decide how to tax you on any interest. We have some friends (waiting for 143) who only confirmed this with commbank when they validated thier ID while on holiday there.  All they wanted was either thier UK tax reference or NI number. Bit awkward for you as you are still considered to be a UK resident.  Perhaps you should call them to explain your situation. They have a migrants banking UK contact number you can call.  The numbers are here below, the contact hours are 11am to 7pm Australian. 

https://www.westpac.com.au/contact-us/migrant-banking/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vicky bajwa said:

Hiii anyone have tried to pay through bpay for 2vac please?

Hi Vicky,

I paid our 2nd vac by Bpay.  In my opinion it's the best way.  There are no additional fees and it is super-fast.  The Bpay details are shown on the invoice you receive.  We saved the receipt and e-mailed it to Immi to be double sure they knew we had paid.

Good luck

David

@Biggsy - Thank you that is very helpful - I have my NI card and will take my last pay slip and in addition my company will be posting my P45 within 2 weeks to my Australian address so hopefully that will suffice when I go into the bank to collect card etc.

@vicky bajwa Yes my daughter in Australia did the payment for me via Bpay within 4 hours my visa was granted. At the bottom of your Invoice it has a unique reference number which you need to add to the payment so they know who it is from. It was very easy and quick

5 hours ago, Marilyn said:

TIA

I was just going to ask about bank accounts...and wondered what recommendations and experience people have of the Australian banking system.  We’re wondering about ING or Commonwealth Bank?  Any tips?  TIA

4 hours ago, David Leask said:

Hi Vicky,

I paid our 2nd vac by Bpay.  In my opinion it's the best way.  There are no additional fees and it is super-fast.  The Bpay details are shown on the invoice you receive.  We saved the receipt and e-mailed it to Immi to be double sure they knew we had paid.

Good luck

David

This may seem a silly question, but have you paid this from a uk bank account or Aussie one?  As wondered if it can be done from either?

5 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

I was just going to ask about bank accounts...and wondered what recommendations and experience people have of the Australian banking system.  We’re wondering about ING or Commonwealth Bank?  Any tips?  TIA

My daughter uses ING for the simple reason that many Australian bank accounts charge for receiving money! I have a Westpac account and it charges me $7 every time I put something in! ING doesn’t charge  apparently 

ING is purely online though,  there are no branches. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

My daughter uses ING for the simple reason that many Australian bank accounts charge for receiving money! I have a Westpac account and it charges me $7 every time I put something in! ING doesn’t charge  apparently 

ING is purely online though,  there are no branches. 

Hi yes my daughter and son in law have an ING account and we wondered about the fee situation...I think some accounts also have a minimum deposit per month otherwise there’s a charge....will look into this!  Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, JesseyJ said:
@Rosiejaq   we opened a Westpac account when visiting family Four years ago. We’ve transferred funds over the years and not once have we been charge by Westpac.
Hope things are working out for you regarding AOS. I can see your still waiting. 🌞

Thanks @JessyJ  might consider them as a lot of people seem to use them and there’s a branch in Port Macquarie where we hope to live! On the Aos front, our daughter was told some of her income wasn’t valid for Aos assessment so we’ve asked a good friend and she’s submitted now and we’re waiting to hear...it’ll probably all happen at once as we’ve been waiting over 4 years now! 😎

Edited by Rosiejaq

1 hour ago, JesseyJ said:
@Rosiejaq   we opened a Westpac account when visiting family Four years ago. We’ve transferred funds over the years and not once have we been charge by Westpac.
Hope things are working out for you regarding AOS. I can see your still waiting. 🌞

Strange.  I opened my Westpac account about 4 years ago on a visit. They take non resident tax off interest and charge me forputting money in before I go over !