03/08/2015 - Acknowledgement 
27/02/2019 - Additional information requested
08/07/2019 - Aos application submitted
19/07/2019 - AoS accepted
01/08/2019 - Request for  VAC2 payment
01/08/2019 - VAC2 paid via Bpay same day
...eagerly waiting for the next update

02/08/2019 - Visa granted

04/08/2019 - One way ticket to Australia oi oi oi!!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 5

On 01/08/2019 at 01:48, majharul said:

Hello everyone hopes you all doing well. As many of you know our 173 offshore application was granted recently for my father in law & my brother in law who was 17.5 years old at the time of lodgement and now 21.5 years old. 

We now considering to lodge subclass 143 application. My brother in law was dependent applicant at the time of visa grant and he was a full-time student. Now as he has full work rights & he is considering to find a full-time work, which means he will no longer dependent on his father on financially.  Now my question to the forum is 

1. If he works full time now can he still be considered in 143 application and grated as a dependent adult? 

2.  Will he be able to get Permanent residency though his father 143 visa application now? 

3. As I heard if a dependent over the age of 24 he will no longer be considered as dependent. Now the way immigration processing its application he may become 24 or older at the time of decision. Do you guys know if that's happened is he be effected and removed from his parent's application?

Hope someone went through this and be able to guide me. 

Hi Mahjarul,

I am in a similar situation. My brother in law is now 21 and dependent. We applied to the 173 visa but I am afraid by the time the 173 -> 143 visa is processed he will no longer be a dependent child. My gutfeel is that he will no longer dependent and he will have to find alternatives to move to a permanent residence once he's here in Australia. I am happy to hear other opinions in this particular edge case

17 hours ago, Zacandleo said:

Do you have to open the bank account for the AOS bond before putting the paperwork into Centrelink or do they tell you when they need it? THanks 

You need to lodge AoS application first. After your application is processed or you get interviewed, they will issue a letter requesting bond guarantee, which you need to bring to CommBank.

Also, you can't lodge AoS application until you receive invitation letter from PVC team to provide documents.

3 hours ago, didipa said:

Hi Mahjarul,

I am in a similar situation. My brother in law is now 21 and dependent. We applied to the 173 visa but I am afraid by the time the 173 -> 143 visa is processed he will no longer be a dependent child. My gutfeel is that he will no longer dependent and he will have to find alternatives to move to a permanent residence once he's here in Australia. I am happy to hear other opinions in this particular edge case

NO DEPENDECY WILL BE CHECKED IF YOU APPLIED FROM 173 TO 143

On 30/07/2019 at 19:19, Rosiejaq said:

with current exchange rates getting worse (£ to A$) does anyone use a company which can freeze a rate??  just asking

I doubt you will find any company which will freeze a rate for you. 

My wife and I have used a company called OFX www.ofx.com several times for transferring sums of money (some large) to family over the last 2-3 years.  They seem to offer a decent rate,  the money has reached our family members Commbank bank accounts usually within 48 hours and never had any charges at the other end.  If it’s a very large amount for example from the sale of a property (regardless of which option you prefer below) you will have to speak to them first and possibly provide evidence in advance that you have the funds ready to transfer to them.  Also you may also be able to negotiate a preferential rate in advance (slightly better than the standard rate) which they will link to your OFX account but they won’t freeze a rate.

They have 2 options online (without speaking to them first I think the limit is about £20k but could be wrong). A spot deal where you get the current exchange rate at the time you request an amount to exchange online.  The other option is where you specify the amount you want to exchange, the rate you would be prepared to exchange at, and how long you want to leave that option in place.  The deal will automatically go through if and when the exchange rate reaches the rate you requested or will expire if the time limit date you specified is reached.  You can also cancel it at any time.  In both cases you have to get the money into their account within 24 hours of accepting the deal or the deal will expire.  I keep an eye on the exchange rate and watch out for spikes in the rate which usually coincide with some positive financial or political news.  However, not much of that about at the moment I'm afraid.

I would definitely speak to your bank manager about paying/transferring large sums of money regardless of who the payment is to as there are all sorts of restrictions, limits and potential delays for large amounts with online banking. You usually have to make a large sum transfer by telephoning your bank so it's worth making sure all your security details/questions/answers are in place. If you moved house/changed address recently your bank may not be able to verify your ID and block any large payments even if you've been with the same bank for many years. Over a certain amount the same day transfer may have to made be by CHAPS for which there is usually a £25 charge.

Even some of the banking staff are not always aware of the pitfalls when transferring large sums of money. We found out the hard way!

We have used HiFx to transfer money to Australia and they have been very good. Their limit is quite large and they give you a better exchange rate the more money you move. It usually arrives within two working days. Also you can get them to hold money at a set rate for a while I think. It's worth checking out. We have been using them for a number of years.

On 04/08/2019 at 16:29, Jellybean T said:

Please fill in your time line.

South african applicant  whom applied 143 on  01.12.2015 had been asked for further documents yesterday.

Hello all

Just got the wonderful email today  6th august requesting police certs and medicals and the AOS lodged 143 application end of November 2015 got reply and  Recipt for same the 10 th December 2015  so all I can relay to you all is,   the 10 December 2015 is the up to date ,,,,, processing date 

am i correct in saying the cost of the AOS is $21,000 can someone please confirm this 

Regards all

Edited by kevvo
  • Like 2
  • Congratulations 3

17 minutes ago, kevvo said:

Hello all

Just got the wonderful email today  6th august requesting police certs and medicals and the AOS lodged 143 application end of November 2015 got reply and  Recipt for same the 10 th December 2015  so all I can relay to you all is,   the 10 December 2015 is the up to date ,,,,, processing date 

am i correct in saying the cost of the AOS is $21,000 can someone please confirm this 

Regards all

No. AOS is $10.000 for the first applicant and $4.000 for each after that.

Our current health exam expires on the 16th August 2019. We are close to hearing about further docs etc but probably not before the 12 month period of the health certificate. Question? Can you apply for another examination before you are contacted by your case officer. I have looked at our online immigration page and it would seem you can only apply if you are applying for another visa, of which the 143 is not listed.

Interested to hear if others have done this.

1 hour ago, theballies said:

Please could someone let me know what is the best way to update passport and contact details for a 143 application? Can this just be done via your immiAccount or do you have to fill in paper work and post it to them?

Hi,

Use Form 929 to advise Immi of your new passport and address details.  If you are changing your e-mail address I suggest you use Form 1193.  If you Google 'Form 929" or 'Form 1193' they should show up in your browser.  Download and print the forms, scan them and e-mail them to Immi.  You are likely to get an automatic response initially but a few days later you should get an e-mail from a 'real person' advising you that your details have been changed.

David

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bridgie said:

Our current health exam expires on the 16th August 2019. We are close to hearing about further docs etc but probably not before the 12 month period of the health certificate. Question? Can you apply for another examination before you are contacted by your case officer. I have looked at our online immigration page and it would seem you can only apply if you are applying for another visa, of which the 143 is not listed.

Interested to hear if others have done this.

Hi,

I would suggest you wait until you hear from Immi when they request further documents.  You will be asked for Form 80, Police Checks, Medical Checks and Assurance of Support.  The e-mail from Immi will include a HAP ID that you will need to use when you book your medical check.

Good luck!

David