Guest guest36187

Hi, does anyone know how long it’s taking to process 486 contributory aged parent visa, seen information from 6months up to 8 years, obviously that’s a wide gap and looking to narrow it down to a better timescale. Thanks! 

3 hours ago, jkm10 said:

Hi, does anyone know how long it’s taking to process 486 contributory aged parent visa, seen information from 6months up to 8 years, obviously that’s a wide gap and looking to narrow it down to a better timescale. Thanks! 

Oops I meant 864 visa

1 hour ago, BillSueMac said:

Got all our requested documents in to immi. Assurer has put AOS form into Centerlink and is just waiting for follow up call. Is there anything we have to do as visa applicants in relation to the AOS form ?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Hi,

First of all, congratulations on receiving the request from Immi for additional documents and for getting these documents submitted.

As visa applicants there is nothing for you to do in connection with the AoS application until the process is complete.  Our daughter is our assurer.  She made her AoS application online through her MyGov account.  It was 18 weeks before she heard anything from Centrelink and that was a request to make the $14k deposit into the Commonwealth bank and get a Bank Guarantee.  There was no interview.  We went along with our daughter to make the deposit in the bank and get the necessary confirmatory documents to send back to Centrelink.  She uploaded the bank documents to Centrelink (again through her MyGov account) and she also went into the local Centrelink office in person with the hard copies of the documents.  One or both of these methods must have worked because less than a week later our daughter received the AoS acceptance letter.  This was the stage where we, as visa applicants, took over again and sent the AoS acceptance letter to Immi.  A few weeks later we had our 143 visas!

I hope this helps.  Good luck!

David

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, David Leask said:

Hi,

First of all, congratulations on receiving the request from Immi for additional documents and for getting these documents submitted.

As visa applicants there is nothing for you to do in connection with the AoS application until the process is complete.  Our daughter is our assurer.  She made her AoS application online through her MyGov account.  It was 18 weeks before she heard anything from Centrelink and that was a request to make the $14k deposit into the Commonwealth bank and get a Bank Guarantee.  There was no interview.  We went along with our daughter to make the deposit in the bank and get the necessary confirmatory documents to send back to Centrelink.  She uploaded the bank documents to Centrelink (again through her MyGov account) and she also went into the local Centrelink office in person with the hard copies of the documents.  One or both of these methods must have worked because less than a week later our daughter received the AoS acceptance letter.  This was the stage where we, as visa applicants, took over again and sent the AoS acceptance letter to Immi.  A few weeks later we had our 143 visas!

I hope this helps.  Good luck!

David

10 hours ago, Marilyn said:

@Wishfull anything?

Not yet, fingers crossed we will hear soon. All documents ready to go when we do get the request and son tee'd up to submit AOS. Arrived in Brisbane yesterday for a holiday and to spend time with family and have already identified where we can get our medicals done. Trying to be optimistic!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Wishfull said:

Not yet, fingers crossed we will hear soon. All documents ready to go when we do get the request and son tee'd up to submit AOS. Arrived in Brisbane yesterday for a holiday and to spend time with family and have already identified where we can get our medicals done. Trying to be optimistic!

We had our medicals in the BUPA medical centre for immigration in Brisbane in March. It’s very professional, you check in, have a very informal interview to verify everything. Then you have an X-ray before a check up for height, weight, eye check, blood pressure plus blood sample taken. This is followed by a Dr checking your health history and giving you a check up. As we live here we saw our GP and took an abridged version of our health records with us which the Dr. really appreciated.

Everything is then automatically uploaded to your

We have a few health concerns, sadly normal for our age! I have atrial fibrillation and osteoporosis, but the Dr wasn’t concerned.

Good luck hope it all goes well.

1 hour ago, Wishfull said:

Enjoy your time. I really think you will get that email real soon. iMMI seem to be on a roll! 

16 hours ago, Zacandleo said:

Received email for further documents today.  Applied 30th October 2015 😊

Is it for 143?? Omg..It’s moving fast now??? 

I can expect my mum 143 coming around end of this year or early 2020 maybe 🙂 

she’s 4months after yours. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Doris said:

Is it for 143?? Omg..It’s moving fast now??? 

I can expect my mum 143 coming around end of this year or early 2020 maybe 🙂 

she’s 4months after yours. 

We are also in Feb-16 boat!! Hope that it goes in same speed henceforth!!

36 minutes ago, Greece said:

CPV 143 CALL to submit docs for application dated 30th October 2015 ??   Still Can't believe it!!!

We weren’t holding our breaths as immi tend to go slow at times but yes the email popped up yesterday for the 143 October 30th 2015 😊

10 minutes ago, Zacandleo said:

We weren’t holding our breaths as immi tend to go slow at times but yes the email popped up yesterday for the 143 October 30th 2015 😊

Let's wait and watch speed now! We are also not excited till Jan-16 applications receive CALL to submit docs!