Guest guest36187

17 hours ago, rajk said:

i have lodged my parent application in oc15 for 143  , haven't heard any thing yet , no request for medicals or additional docs nothing yet !!!

Hi @rajk same with me, they have not  send any requests after sep 2015.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mani Baxi said:

Hi everyone,

I've applied for my parents 143 visa on 11th August 2015

I just wanted to get some idea if anyone has applied around that date has been asked for 2nd VAC, as Im still waiting for this to be paid.

Many thanks

Mani

Hi we applied the week before you are still waiting on Aos...have you paid this? 

So now when the elections are over, has anyone applied for Subclass 870 the temp long stay parent visa which was a talk of the town for almost 4 years. With its exorbitant fees is this visa category having its own quota or affecting the parent visa category quota?

Hi Everyone,

We applied for 143 visa in August 2015.

We are expecting my parents residency in the coming weeks.

My parents are here in Australia right now on a tourist visa and as per the rules once they are to the stage of processing the residency then my parents have o leave the country, my question is how long do they have to leave and do they have to go back to the home country or can we just send them some where close like Bali or NZ?

Many Thanks

Mani

Edited by Mani Baxi

2 hours ago, Anks said:

So now when the elections are over, has anyone applied for Subclass 870 the temp long stay parent visa which was a talk of the town for almost 4 years. With its exorbitant fees is this visa category having its own quota or affecting the parent visa category quota?

It is not yet possible to apply for the visa; sponsor applications can though now be submitted.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

Hi, has the subclass 600 changed at all, there now seems to be some variants and i can't tell which is the best option for us. We are still in the very long queue for our 143 visa!
Can anyone point me in the right direction it suggests tourist stream or sponsored family stream?

Hi, my parents 2nd vac has been requested. Can someone advise if it's possible to split the payment and pay part via bpay & part via credit card summing up the total amount requested? I was able to collect most of the funds 80k but short on 7k. I have emailed pvc team, they rang me up yesterday in the afternoon and was advised that the best option is to go to commonwealth bank and get a bank cheque. I was also told that credit card & bpay can take up to 2-3 weeks to clear which did not make any sense to me!

Edited by ljg00

18 hours ago, Danny2729 said:

Hi, has the subclass 600 changed at all, there now seems to be some variants and i can't tell which is the best option for us. We are still in the very long queue for our 143 visa!
Can anyone point me in the right direction it suggests tourist stream or sponsored family stream?

Mine was tourist stream 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ljg00 said:

Hi, my parents 2nd vac has been requested. Can someone advise if it's possible to split the payment and pay part via bpay & part via credit card summing up the total amount requested? I was able to collect most of the funds 80k but short on 7k. I have emailed pvc team, they rang me up yesterday in the afternoon and was advised that the best option is to go to commonwealth bank and get a bank cheque. I was also told that credit card & bpay can take up to 2-3 weeks to clear which did not make any sense to me!

Usual advice is via a bank cheque. B pay should practically instant. Can you not transfer cash from credit card to your bank account 

Edited by Kathss56

11 hours ago, ljg00 said:

your application date?

11 hours ago, ljg00 said:

You will be charged extra  to use credit card as well! 

12 hours ago, ljg00 said:

I don’t know how long the credit card payment will take to clear, but we paid the full 2nd vac amount by online commonwealth bank BPay last week, and the visa was issued the next day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ramot said:

I don’t know how long the credit card payment will take to clear, but we paid the full 2nd vac amount by online commonwealth bank BPay last week, and the visa was issued the next day.

Good to know. Unsure why I was told it will take 2-3 weeks to clear. 

13 hours ago, Ammy143 said:

your application date?

18 August 2015

15 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Usual advice is via a bank cheque. B pay should practically instant. Can you not transfer cash from credit card to your bank account 

All sorted now. I was able to get the cash and will bpay soon. Bit weird why i was told it will take 2-3 weeks to clear which didn't make any sense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ljg00 said:

18 August 2015

All sorted now. I was able to get the cash and will bpay soon. Bit weird why i was told it will take 2-3 weeks to clear which didn't make any sense.

Hope it all goes through as quickly as ours did.

Hi, hope it's ok to join this thread and ask a few questions. They may have been covered already but I can't seem to find the info that clearly.

We applied for the 143 in May 2017 for my mother in law. 

I believe they are currently processing applications lodged around August 2015 - so realistically we are expecting another 2 years before she can be with us. 

We'd just like to be a bit clearer on what order we can expect the next stages to happen - e.g. assigned a CO, police check, medical, payment of the AOS ($10k?) then the final visa payment ($43,600?) and how much nice we get for the payments?

So that we can have the money ready when it is needed. 

Thanks! 

Hi,
Welcome to the forum. There’s no problem in asking questions. The help here is excellent. Let me try and answer some of your questions.
The next communication you will get from Immi is a request for further information. This is unlikely to come for at least another 18/24 months, maybe longer. At that point you will be asked to provide a police check, go for a medical, complete Form 80 and commence your AoS application. The police check normally takes a few weeks and costs less than $100. You will need to arrange a medical at an approved location. Depending on how busy the medical facility is you might have to wait a few weeks. The cost will be several hundred dollars. The most time consuming thing is the AoS application. This is currently taking 20 weeks or more so you will want to complete the application forms as soon as you can (after hearing from Immi). Form 80 might take a while to complete but you can get a lot of it done before you hear from Immi.
With Police Check, Medical and Form 80 done you will be left waiting for Centrelink to process your AoS application. After 20 weeks or so Centrelink will contact the Sponsor and ask them to pay the bond money into the Commonwealth Bank. For 1 person it is currently $10k. Once you have done this and if the Sponsors income is ok you will get an AoS acceptance letter from Centrelink.
All going well you will be within a few weeks of getting the visa. Immi will send you an invoice to pay the second VAC (currently $43,600). Once this is paid the visa will be granted.
I hope this helps. I have described the process where there are no complications. If there are any complications the timings mentioned above could be much longer.
Good luck!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, David Leask said:

Hi,
Welcome to the forum. There’s no problem in asking questions. The help here is excellent. Let me try and answer some of your questions.
The next communication you will get from Immi is a request for further information. This is unlikely to come for at least another 18/24 months, maybe longer. At that point you will be asked to provide a police check, go for a medical, complete Form 80 and commence your AoS application. The police check normally takes a few weeks and costs less than $100. You will need to arrange a medical at an approved location. Depending on how busy the medical facility is you might have to wait a few weeks. The cost will be several hundred dollars. The most time consuming thing is the AoS application. This is currently taking 20 weeks or more so you will want to complete the application forms as soon as you can (after hearing from Immi). Form 80 might take a while to complete but you can get a lot of it done before you hear from Immi.
With Police Check, Medical and Form 80 done you will be left waiting for Centrelink to process your AoS application. After 20 weeks or so Centrelink will contact the Sponsor and ask them to pay the bond money into the Commonwealth Bank. For 1 person it is currently $10k. Once you have done this and if the Sponsors income is ok you will get an AoS acceptance letter from Centrelink.
All going well you will be within a few weeks of getting the visa. Immi will send you an invoice to pay the second VAC (currently $43,600). Once this is paid the visa will be granted.
I hope this helps. I have described the process where there are no complications. If there are any complications the timings mentioned above could be much longer.
Good luck!

David thank you that's is very helpful information.

Is the AOS application available online for us to look over before they request it?

I think we will probably get her here a bit earlier on the new 870 visa, but assume this won't affect anything with our 143 application. 

Is the AOS application available online for us to look over before they request it?
I think we will probably get her here a bit earlier on the new 870 visa, but assume this won't affect anything with our 143 application. 

No problem [emoji4]
My daughter is our Sponsor and she completed and submitted the AoS application form through her MyGov account. From memory the form is pretty straightforward. The main thing they ask for is income for the current year and total earnings from the previous year, with evidence to back this information up (wage slips, tax returns etc). If you are the Sponsor you will have to go into your local Centrelink office to have your identity confirmed before you upload the application.
We came out early on a 600 visa and this didn’t affect the 143 application. I can’t advise on the 870 visa.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, youngfreewild said:

Hi, hope it's ok to join this thread and ask a few questions. They may have been covered already but I can't seem to find the info that clearly.

We applied for the 143 in May 2017 for my mother in law. 

I believe they are currently processing applications lodged around August 2015 - so realistically we are expecting another 2 years before she can be with us. 

We'd just like to be a bit clearer on what order we can expect the next stages to happen - e.g. assigned a CO, police check, medical, payment of the AOS ($10k?) then the final visa payment ($43,600?) and how much nice we get for the payments?

So that we can have the money ready when it is needed. 

Thanks! 

Your best bet is 870 visa. Sadly I thknk it  will be more than another two years. It’s taken 2015 applicants 4 years so far  and the queue has ballooned enormously since then  

the queue the end of June 2017 stood at over 38000 and the government have recently reduced the number of family  visas they will grant.- best guess is under 6000 per year for 143 so the maths isn’t good!! 

I believe there’s a post somewhere  on this forum where it’s estimated the queue only moves forward 4 months for every year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, youngfreewild said:

870 haven't started yet, see Alan Collett post on this page just after my query. they have only started taking sponsorship applications for now and applications will start after 1st july 2019. So not sure how long it will take to process that. 

Alternatively, you can think of a 600 tourist visa and request for a 3 year tourist visa which lets your mother-in-law stay for 12 months in 18 months period. And thats the issue with that as she will need to travel after 12 months for 6 months but the processing and fees of it is less that 870. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

the queue the end of June 2017 stood at over 38000 and the government have recently reduced the number of family  visas they will grant.- best guess is under 6000 per year for 143 so the maths isn’t good!!

that's good info regarding the queue of 38000. how & where can I check that info from?